Eastern FL - Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

East Ringwood fielded a senior side a couple of weeks ago consisting of 8 players from last years colts team and another that was playing under 17's last year. I'm sure Park Orchards had a young side starting out a few years ago but has anyone seen such a young Division 1 team before
Balwyn has some gun kids from last years Colts. None of them can get a regular game in the firsts though.

Watched them play Blackburn a few weeks back Dave - was pretty impressed with the overall game actually as I don't see many. Tiny ovals though. ER had their big ruckman on 1 leg propped up in the goal square which didn't help but they had a crack.
Thought it might have been fatside going by the location and another thread confirmed it. I didn't see your brother at Blackburn assuming you were with him. Since then they have definitely had a crack against Montrose & Rowville. The big ruckman was rested last week and with a bye this week will have 21 days between games so hopefully will be more mobile next week against South Croydon. He kicked 7 against them earlier in the year so hopefully we might sneak a win. Are you going to Burpengary on Sunday? That would be a game I would like to see

Good game coming up this weekend. Balwyn has Murray out suspended and playing at the Bullring, while Noble has Alwyn and Allan out in the Queensland game. Not having seen either team play this year makes it hard to select a winner, but I'm going for Noble at home.

Last edited:
Thought it might have been fatside going by the location and another thread confirmed it. I didn't see your brother at Blackburn assuming you were with him. Since then they have definitely had a crack against Montrose & Rowville. The big ruckman was rested last week and with a bye this week will have 21 days between games so hopefully will be more mobile next week against South Croydon. He kicked 7 against them earlier in the year so hopefully we might sneak a win. Are you going to Burpengary on Sunday? That would be a game I would like to see

nah went solo - Pete was caught up with netball duties.
Might head down on Sunday, only 35min down the road - see whats on but not sure it will be a ripper match - think Metro will smack them actually.

Lilydale winning in the 1's and 2's on the weekend. After a close one in the ones and a win in the two's the week prior at Noble. Good effort from a club who seemed to be battling. Players back from injury or just playing better footy?

Very young side taking a while to gel together, last 2 weeks played some good footy

Still a chance of staying in Div 1 with a couple of games against those around us in the weeks to come

Very young side taking a while to gel together, last 2 weeks played some good footy

Still a chance of staying in Div 1 with a couple of games against those around us in the weeks to come
Big chance of staying up Scott which didn't look to be the case a few weeks ago. The Round 17 home game against East Ringwood might be the decider on who stays up

Big chance of staying up Scott which didn't look to be the case a few weeks ago. The Round 17 home game against East Ringwood might be the decider on who stays up
If Lilydale drop out of Div 1 i cant say i would miss the drunken spectators who come down from the hills and congregate on the back of those 2 utes up the far end of the Lilydale ground and abuse opposition players. Sam Newman would call them morons, i would not be as kind.

Council has prohibited anyone from parking on the far end of our ground all year

Pretty sure the people you are talking about don't own utes and certainly don't come down from the hills

Clash of the Falcons this weekend should be a decent game

Looks as though Lilydale are struggling financially with a planned meeting this week. I heard a few players walked out which is not great but having a strong junior set up is a big positive for them and hopefully that will help them out of it. Crusey???

Knox were too big and too strong smashed us around the contest

A couple went to Surrey Park (Myers and Hughes)

Club is struggling for dollars, don't know much about it but will find out more tomorrow night

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone have a look at this http://www.foxfootyclubrewards.com.au/

If your club has done a community initiative (raised money for something etc) then you can become part of this program and win prizes like meeting senior AFL coaches, having a coaching seminar, or training at AFL clubs headquarters.

Entries close this Sunday so get onto it! No catch or anything

Should be a cracker today
Norwood in a close one
Love to see Rowville get up tomorrow

I am still amazed, Balwyn were just quite brilliant. Their skill levels when they had the ball (which was most of the time) were as good as you will see outside AFL/VFL.

Would like to think that it is Richard, Cliff - unfortunately it is Michael.
This will fit him in comfortably, the 2 point one off discounts for players on the 2015 lists allows for recruiting to an extent in 2016 for all.

and i dont think it will make much difference to Balwyn, even their Reserve players are off to other Divvy 1 Clubs and also the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back