Eastern FL - Division 2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah unusual move guys. I agree with your comments cliff. The forum generated traffic to the site and there was often some interesting rumours at play too that often were correct. Not sure how many people will head to site now except to get weekly scores. Revenue will be lost. Maybe they were sick and tired of administering it?

The EFL were deleting thread upon thread which attacked their integrity. Make no mistake the move was to silence the critics. It hasn't stopped at meetings with the clubs apparently. Maybe the next step is no meetings.:rolleyes:

The EFL were deleting thread upon thread which attacked their integrity. Make no mistake the move was to silence the critics. It hasn't stopped at meetings with the clubs apparently. Maybe the next step is no meetings.:rolleyes:
What was most of the criticism about? What exactly are the EFL doing so poorly. There's always been this forum and plenty of others to air such grievances if you want to do it publicly.

It was that on the EFL Forum it was directly under their nose and was hard for them to ignore. You could always direct a question to one or more of the people running the place.

I thought the EFL forum was getting to "clicky" . I reckon some took it way too seriously and if you weren't a regular on it you were howled down if a regular disagreed with your view.Thats why there were so few numbers in the end. There was even forum members emailing each other with their discussions about other people.;) Even now there are still posts on here about how the regulars were "disrespected " with it closing so abruptly. Time to move on boys
Lets hope it doesn't get like that on this forum.

If you don't want you have your opinion challenged or howled down, online forums probably isn't the best place to be. That's all BigFooty is, go have a look at any board and click on the thread about their coach/captain/president.

Fair enough Saint you are right as long it doesn't get too personal.maybe howled down wasn't the right choice of words.
I just think the EFL made the right call in dumping it as in the end it was only being used by a small bunch of regulars that hardly ever talked about EFL footy. I will leave it at that. . 10 years ago every thread was about EFL but at the end it was anything but.

Anyway. while I am in 2nd division. Looks as though Croydon will be the team to beat and Waverley look to be improved as well. Doesn't seem to be any easy beats so the team that does go down might count themselves a little unlucky

Anyway. while I am in 2nd division. Looks as though Croydon will be the team to beat and Waverley look to be improved as well. Doesn't seem to be any easy beats so the team that does go down might count themselves a little unlucky

Croydon are the side to beat, but by no means certainties. They do have a strong 2s side which can be significant in Div 2. Many sides have a strong top half dozen but there finally half dozen drop away.

Surprised by the disappointing start by Mulgrave although it is still only early. Waverley were a better side last season than their record showed & lost many goals by small margins. The Devils are the wildcard although this week, will give some sort of indication as to where they stand.

Still probably the best Division for evenness in that on any given day a side can upset one of the more fancied sides.

Croydon are the side to beat, but by no means certainties. They do have a strong 2s side which can be significant in Div 2. Many sides have a strong top half dozen but there finally half dozen drop away.

Surprised by the disappointing start by Mulgrave although it is still only early. Waverley were a better side last season than their record showed & lost many goals by small margins. The Devils are the wildcard although this week, will give some sort of indication as to where they stand.

Still probably the best Division for evenness in that on any given day a side can upset one of the more fancied sides.

I reckon the Blues' 2's would probably be as good or better than Croydon's. Won the flag last year and have been historically very successful. Waverley and Croydon are definitely setting the early pace, round 4 is typically when you can start predicting finals.

I think part of what killed the forum were people taking things too seriously. I think it got to the point that half the clubs had effectively banned any talk for fear of giving 'fuel to the opposition'.

The best part of div 2 sees an even draw, with each team playing a home and away fixture.
Finals teams end up deserving to be there

Too early to know who the top teams will be too

Word on the street is there are a few unhappy players at the Rams. No wins from a good list. The coach blames the players and berated a couple in front of the group including the supporters. The players not happy with the game plan and this is reflecting in performance. Lots of chatter beyond the coaches box which is not what you would expect only 3 games in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not so sure that the Rams have a 'good list'. Have picked a genuine gun, but also lost a couple of their better ones from last season. Some returns should help but IMO their is quite a few better lists floating around in the Division.

Certainly a high profile coach, hopefully was appointed for abilities well beyond that.

Interesting times at the Rams and frustrating in my view as I would suggest they are better than 0-3. As for unhappy players, that's what you get when you continually lose. As for the list, it's an improvement on last year. As for the coach, he's an improvement on last year. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet and in saying that I expect Croydon to win next week.

Word on the street is there are a few unhappy players at the Rams. No wins from a good list. The coach blames the players and berated a couple in front of the group including the supporters. The players not happy with the game plan and this is reflecting in performance. Lots of chatter beyond the coaches box which is not what you would expect only 3 games in.
Nothing like the tail wagging the dog. I love that the players are unhappy with the game plan when they fail to execute it time and time again. The players weren't happy with Fab as he didn't have a game plan either. The players didn't like Fremantle as he didn't have a game plan either. Now the same tune is being sung. Laughable.

Last edited:
Interesting times at the Rams and frustrating in my view as I would suggest they are better than 0-3. As for unhappy players, that's what you get when you continually lose. As for the list, it's an improvement on last year. As for the coach, he's an improvement on last year. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet and in saying that I expect Croydon to win next week.

Yea, spot on and they are better than 0-3 but having seen their games so far, the strategy of moving players around like pieces on a chequers board ain't working. Not just rotating off the bench but rotating through numerous positions every quarter is not good for building stability and confidence in the group

I am not so sure that the Rams have a 'good list'. Have picked a genuine gun, but also lost a couple of their better ones from last season. Some returns should help but IMO their is quite a few better lists floating around in the Division.

Certainly a high profile coach, hopefully was appointed for abilities well beyond that.
There are better lists and there are worse lists, the Rams just need to win.
Yea, spot on and they are better than 0-3 but having seen their games so far, the strategy of moving players around like pieces on a chequers board ain't working. Not just rotating off the bench but rotating through numerous positions every quarter is not good for building stability and confidence in the group
Have to agree there. The issue facing the coach in my view is the recruits all can play and want to win, the remainder bar a few who have been there a while have forgotten how to win thanks to the previous coach and those players have to snap out of that. I would suggest why the players are moved around positions but I am only surmising. That in itself is very frustrating from the outside and no doubt on the inside and stability.

It's still a pretty ordinary list. Don't forget that they only stayed in Div 2 because of a club not being able to field a team. The list they've got would be an improvement to not finish bottom. Build the game plan (takes more than a pre-season and 3 games) and hopefully by the end of the year it starts coming together.

It's still a pretty ordinary list. Don't forget that they only stayed in Div 2 because of a club not being able to field a team. The list they've got would be an improvement to not finish bottom. Build the game plan (takes more than a pre-season and 3 games) and hopefully by the end of the year it starts coming together.
I hope that's the plan.

Div 2

Only 3 weeks in so I am not going to make any bold predictions in regards to flag favs etc, there is a long way to go.
But I agree that it's great that the draw is fair, and the teams seem even.
If the Rams are struggling now, what is going to happen in the middle of winter when injuries occur and they are battling for players? No under 19's is a huge issue for them. But they are a proud footy club who have the people there to help turn fortunes around, certainly might have to suffer a little more pain before they work back up the ladder.

Div 2

Only 3 weeks in so I am not going to make any bold predictions in regards to flag favs etc, there is a long way to go.
But I agree that it's great that the draw is fair, and the teams seem even.
If the Rams are struggling now, what is going to happen in the middle of winter when injuries occur and they are battling for players? No under 19's is a huge issue for them. But they are a proud footy club who have the people there to help turn fortunes around, certainly might have to suffer a little more pain before they work back up the ladder.

All very positive stuff and the rams have heaps of potential with a good blend of young and mature players so if they can be moulded into a game plan that suits the skills and abilities of the cattle then they can improve and come home strong. That said its a pretty well accepted rule of management to praise in pubic and berate in private, the coach humiliating a few of their new young players was cheap and in front of the supporters and maybe sponsors was not a good look. Enough on the rams, lots of chatter about wantirna sth With a very dangerous forward line, the pony tail is quality and will take work to keep him under 3 goals.

All very positive stuff and the rams have heaps of potential with a good blend of young and mature players so if they can be moulded into a game plan that suits the skills and abilities of the cattle then they can improve and come home strong. That said its a pretty well accepted rule of management to praise in pubic and berate in private, the coach humiliating a few of their new young players was cheap and in front of the supporters and maybe sponsors was not a good look. Enough on the rams, lots of chatter about wantirna sth With a very dangerous forward line, the pony tail is quality and will take work to keep him under 3 goals.
Wanny South look pretty slick and the Pony Tail will destroy plenty teams this year. They have recruited well and have a well balanced team and are a good chance of going back to back.

Cant really judge the Devils just yet, we have played 2 lower sides to start the season and the game was called off on the weekend against Doncaster. Can't find any formline in that so far. Croydon appearing to be the leaders in Div2, Waverley Blues also have improved and will be dangerous once they get a full compliment of players. Baysie started the year 3-0 as well. Interesting Div again and impossible to tip the 5 winners in this Div each week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back