Eastern FL - Division 2 2017

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Badly broken leg.... I actually saw a picture of it yesterday.... horrible. I wish the player, Tyson Macilwain a speedy recovery.

Yea all speed to him, never like seeing a bad injury, I saw a wanny south player taken off against the rams on the spinal board and not heard anything since, any news?

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
Badly broken leg.... I actually saw a picture of it yesterday.... horrible. I wish the player, Tyson Macilwain a speedy recovery.

Compound Fracture - similar to that of Nathan Brown. Poor guy only playing his 3rd game for the club since arriving from Maryborough. Went off in Round 1 against Croydon with a hand injury early in the 3rd so hasn't had the greatest run in his few games.

Outstanding sportsmanship displayed by both sides, in amongst a hell of a lot of confusion. Draw was a fitting result. For those that don't know when the incident occurred Doncaster was a point in front, & just working into the game. After waiting 40 minutes for an ambulance by the time the game was able to commence it was well over an hour after the initial incident. Lighting not great at the ground on the top, so a decision was made. The game recommenced & Doncaster rushed a behind, so as avoid a dispute as to the outcome - a draw. Both sides (& even umpires) given a standing ovation as they came off, pretty moving Anzac Day game.

Wantirna South are a good side as expected and lead for most on the game. It was a great contest up until the incident. That said very hard to win 2nd & 3rd Division in consecutive years & with recent results Croydon continue as the side standing out at this early stage.

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Compound Fracture - similar to that of Nathan Brown. Poor guy only playing his 3rd game for the club since arriving from Maryborough. Went off in Round 1 against Croydon with a hand injury early in the 3rd so hasn't had the greatest run in his few games.

Outstanding sportsmanship displayed by both sides, in amongst a hell of a lot of confusion. Draw was a fitting result. For those that don't know when the incident occurred Doncaster was a point in front, & just working into the game. After waiting 40 minutes for an ambulance by the time the game was able to commence it was well over an hour after the initial incident. Lighting not great at the ground on the top, so a decision was made. The game recommenced & Doncaster rushed a behind, so as avoid a dispute as to the outcome - a draw. Both sides (& even umpires) given a standing ovation as they came off, pretty moving Anzac Day game.

Wantirna South are a good side as expected and lead for most on the game. It was a great contest up until the incident. That said very hard to win 2nd & 3rd Division in consecutive years & with recent results Croydon continue as the side standing out at this early stage.[/QUOT

Great report BB. And all power to Doncaster. Their on field team would have been briefed on the strategy once the ball was bounced. A good footy club story.

hairy19

Draftee
Apr 15, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Yea all speed to him, never like seeing a bad injury, I saw a wanny south player taken off against the rams on the spinal board and not heard anything since, any news?

That player was back running laps last night which is good news, the ankle not as bad as first thought.

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
That player was back running laps last night which is good news, the ankle not as bad as first thought.

Hey thanks man, it looked horrible so your good news is welcomed. Just thinking about the Rams, if they can use the new blokes with a better structure they can seriously challenge. Need to use their big mid recruit better, he's only 20yrs big unit but needs to be left alone to develop so his mates can build some trust

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Wantirna South are a good side as expected and lead for most on the game. It was a great contest up until the incident. That said very hard to win 2nd & 3rd Division in consecutive years & with recent results Croydon continue as the side standing out at this early stage.

The young fella any relation to Geoff Bob?

THEOX

Senior List
Aug 29, 2005
Mlebounre
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Interesting times at the Rams and frustrating in my view as I would suggest they are better than 0-3. As for unhappy players, that's what you get when you continually lose. As for the list, it's an improvement on last year. As for the coach, he's an improvement on last year. I am not ready to throw in the towel yet and in saying that I expect Croydon to win next week.

Has the coach brought his personal mobile hyperbaric chamber to training yet for the players to use?? For a small fee of course!!

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Badly broken ankle to one of Croydon's players at Rams stadium today. A long wait for the ambulance and a lengthy time on the oval getting him in the ambulance before the game was abandoned.

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Badly broken ankle to one of Croydon's players at Rams stadium today. A long wait for the ambulance and a lengthy time on the oval getting him in the ambulance before the game was abandoned.

Saw the Rams v Croydon game today. Hope the lad with the ankle all speed, it looked bad and good call by the Rams captain who initiated the game to be called off. The injury occurred at the 4 minute mark and the clock was still ticking at 27 minutes when the ambos arrived. Croydon are a very sharp running unit of well drilled quality players. Croydon's foot skills were the highest quality and they hit targets all over the ground and the Rams were the opposite, turn over after turn over. Even the basic of kicking to advantage was not part of the Rams skill set, if their forward was goal side of the backman the delivery was to boundary side and if the forward was boundary side, they delivered goal side. There was a skill gap between the two sides, no doubt, and at half time the centre clearances were 16 to 2 but the Ram don't seem to have a game plan or some intention of deliberate way to move the ball. The foot skills are frustrating, the turn overs are game losing and the centre bounce set up is non existent. Policy on the run

eflreceiver

All Australian
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Saw the Rams v Croydon game today. Hope the lad with the ankle all speed, it looked bad and good call by the Rams captain who initiated the game to be called off. The injury occurred at the 4 minute mark and the clock was still ticking at 27 minutes when the ambos arrived. Croydon are a very sharp running unit of well drilled quality players. Croydon's foot skills were the highest quality and they hit targets all over the ground and the Rams were the opposite, turn over after turn over. Even the basic of kicking to advantage was not part of the Rams skill set, if their forward was goal side of the backman the delivery was to boundary side and if the forward was boundary side, they delivered goal side. There was a skill gap between the two sides, no doubt, and at half time the centre clearances were 16 to 2 but the Ram don't seem to have a game plan or some intention of deliberate way to move the ball. The foot skills are frustrating, the turn overs are game losing and the centre bounce set up is non existent. Policy on the run
Had to leave as there was a death in the family which affected an EFL and a NFL team so footy was the last thing on my mind after about 10 minutes into the first quarter. I never expected to win this game and in saying that I didn't expect a 0 - 10 goal quarter. The Rams are still searching for a balance and a will to win and I am pissed off to the max that it hasn't happen. Do I expect them to win next week? No. There are too many passengers and nothing to come up from the magoos so it's a deal with what you have situation. I have gone from being excited to can we stay in Division 2? Time will tell. I may have to go and follow the NFL as the EFL is totally ****ed.

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
Hope the guy from Croydon is OK, unbelievable that similar incidents occur in consecutive weeks. Who was the player?

Without even seeing them play I am extremely confident that Rams will still in Division 2 in 2016.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Had to leave as there was a death in the family which affected an EFL and a NFL team so footy was the last thing on my mind after about 10 minutes into the first quarter. I never expected to win this game and in saying that I didn't expect a 0 - 10 goal quarter. The Rams are still searching for a balance and a will to win and I am pissed off to the max that it hasn't happen. Do I expect them to win next week? No. There are too many passengers and nothing to come up from the magoos so it's a deal with what you have situation. I have gone from being excited to can we stay in Division 2? Time will tell. I may have to go and follow the NFL as the EFL is totally stuffed.

They would have been relegated last year if not for Donvale's exit. Their playing list is currently not up to Div 2 standard, hasn't been for a couple of years.

East Burwood playing badly doesn't mean the EFL is stuffed, though. They'll have plenty of ex-Div 1 company in Div 3 with Mitcham and Ringwood. Sign of the times with some older inner suburbs being replaced with outer growth suburbs in Div 1 like Rowville, Knox, Norwood.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
Saint before you start assessing the Ram's list, they have lost 4 games so far. 3 of those games have been to 1st, 2nd and 4th on the ladder at the moment. There will be a number of teams that will lose all their games against those teams. Apart from the game against Croydon we have been competitive. We have kicked inaccurately in the previous 3 games. There will be a lot of teams that lose by just as much against Croydon, who to me, look to be the one to beat this year.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
One could argue that those teams are 1st, 2nd and 4th because they've been lucky enough to play East Burwood already........?

I think Scoresby are probably in a worse position than East Burwood. I should have expanded my comment to include the words 'if they get relegated' but I think it'll be a close contest at the bottom between Scoresby, Rams and Mulgrave. I think they'll finish in that order bottom to top, but as you said, it's only round 4.

eflblueboy

Draftee
Oct 22, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hope the guy from Croydon is OK, unbelievable that similar incidents occur in consecutive weeks. Who was the player?

Without even seeing them play I am extremely confident that Rams will still in Division 2 in 2016.

Unfortunately it was Jamie Hoffman BB, a gun. Badly dislocated ankle since operated on. He was trying to tackle a guy across the boundary line and in his attempt to pull him up before the fence both came down and Jamies ankle was at right angles, not pretty.
Big game this week Blues Vs WB at the Range. We are far from red hot favourites with WB, Donny, Donny East and Wanny South all extremely good sides on exposed form. Not sure what the score might have been Saturday if not called off but Rams are really struggling and no Colts is killing them re depth.

Last edited:

Vanderhum

Senior List
Mar 16, 2011
Ivanhoe
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unfortunately it was Jamie Hoffman BB, a gun. Badly dislocated ankle since operated on. He was trying to tackle a guy across the boundary line and in his attempt to pull him up before the fence both came down and Jamies ankle was at right angles, not pretty.
Big game this week Blues Vs WB at the Range. We are far from red hot favourites with WB, Donny, Donny East and Wanny South all extremely good sides on exposed form. Not sure what the score might have been Saturday if not called off but Rams are really struggling and no Colts is killing them re depth.

Rams would have been kicking with a 4 goal breeze in the last but not likely to out score Croyden. Too fast too slick, their midfield dominated the entire 3 quarters. Rams need some structure and a good dose of intensity. Got some very good players but they ain't working together.

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC

He is a gun BB, has a Judd like take off from contests was very good against us in Round 1. Hope he has a speedy recovery, just unbelievable that these sorts of things can occur 2 weeks in a row.

eflblueboy

Draftee
Oct 22, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
He is a gun BB, has a Judd like take off from contests was very good against us in Round 1. Hope he has a speedy recovery, just unbelievable that these sorts of things can occur 2 weeks in a row.

Couple of big blow outs on the weekend! Surprised with the Blues result, particularly with the outs we had maybe Waverley had a few as well. Rams are in big trouble with that result and Scoresby also by the looks.

Griff19

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2007
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Waverley Blues
Couple of big blow outs on the weekend! Surprised with the Blues result, particularly with the outs we had maybe Waverley had a few as well. Rams are in big trouble with that result and Scoresby also by the looks.

Yeah was a pretty bad day for us Blueboy.... We had a few out also but we just had one of those days! Had a promising start after leading at quarter time. After that was pretty disappointing.. We actually ended the game with 16 players in what was a nightmare day for us..

We have a guy that has just come out of ICU today with a ruptured kidney and broken ribs. Another guy getting surgery on his broken hand this week. We had a dislocated shoulder to one of our captains and the other has nerve damage to his hip. Our 3 x time b&f winner tore his calf and another prominent person at our club has a strained quad and ACL. Im honestly not blaming any of these for the result as it was 100+ drubbing... but never had a day like it.... nightmare to say the least.

You guys were pretty good obviously and we didnt give a yelp after half time.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Croydon are going to take some catching.

Wantirna Sth going down to Mulgrave was more of a surprise than the blowouts.

The bottom 4 play each other over the next two weeks which will have a huge say in who goes down to 3rd division next year. Looks like it will be one of the ex-Div 1 teams in Rams or Scoresby who play each other in two weeks' time

Back