Eastern football div 4 2014

Wastin time

Senior List
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roxburgh Park FC , affiliated with EDFL Div2 , looking for an Away prac match
1st March 2014. We have 3 teams - u18 , ressies & snrs looking for games. If interested pm me & il get straight back to you. Cheers

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Strong Div 3 VAFA side looking for parc match on the 16th March or 22nd March, we have a ground. PM me if your interested. Cheers

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Strong Div 3 VAFA side looking for parc match on the 29th March or 30th March, we have a ground or are happy to travel. PM me if you're interested. Cheers

Their was 11 in 2013
Canterbury left to the VAFA
Now there is 10 in 2014

South Belgrave promoted to Div. 3
Warrandyte relegated to Div. 4

Thanks.
I used to be at Kilsyth and find it hard to keep up with the league anymore so it's good to get some info.

apexx

Debutant
Aug 15, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
From all that has been going around the rumour mill. This season looks like the contenders r forest hill, Kilsyth, silvan and park orchards. But forest hill will b the 1 2 beat... In my opinion

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
it might be but i think the following are not far off the same standard VAFA d4 and SFL d3 and the new wrfl D3

Top sides in D4 EFL would slaughter some of the sides in the grades that you have mentioned eg. Belgrave South 2013 EFL D4 premiers would smash all of the teams in the grades you have mentioned. Some of the top sides in this competition have been able to attract numerous players from various higher grades of football in recent times, with strong financial packages.

Canterbury have left D4 EFL as it was a really struggle for them in their time in this competition & have headed to VAFA D4 where they will be far more competitive.

Basically the answer is a clear No, this is far from the weakest competition in Metro Melbourne.

Rooster 24

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Top sides in D4 EFL would slaughter some of the sides in the grades that you have mentioned eg. Belgrave South 2013 EFL D4 premiers would smash all of the teams in the grades you have mentioned. Some of the top sides in this competition have been able to attract numerous players from various higher grades of football in recent times, with strong financial packages.

Canterbury have left D4 EFL as it was a really struggle for them in their time in this competition & have headed to VAFA D4 where they will be far more competitive.

Basically the answer is a clear No, this is far from the weakest competition in Metro Melbourne.

Bob. Remember VAFA D4 is actually 7th division. For some ridiculous reason the VAFA hierarchy have split the comp into PREMIER (A-C) and the DIVISIONS (1- 4). So the 4th level of the VAFA is actually D1. (Confused yet?)

In apples for apples the 4th grade of the VAFA would be at least the equal of 4th division EFL.

Bobby Beecroft

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2003
Junction Oval Goalsquare
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions THFC
Agreed Rooster - the changing of divisions within the VAFA was somewhat strange, and your apples for apples point is correct.

The point I was trying to make was that the Tops sides in EFL Div 4 would be superior to those mentioned Local Footy Fan, & therefore not the weakest Division in Metro Melbourne - as asked by the man with the unfortunate name.

Norfolk & Clew

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Richmond Central
Any clubs on the lookout for a praccy match on the 29th of March? It'd be against a VAFA D3 team and we can provide the ground.

PM me if interested.

Login

All Australian
Sep 7, 2013
Brunswick
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Bob. Remember VAFA D4 is actually 7th division. For some ridiculous reason the VAFA hierarchy have split the comp into PREMIER (A-C) and the DIVISIONS (1- 4). So the 4th level of the VAFA is actually D1. (Confused yet?)

In apples for apples the 4th grade of the VAFA would be at least the equal of 4th division EFL.
Having seen both comps D2 (5 divy) would be around the mark.

apexx

Debutant
Aug 15, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
D2 ammos would not even b competitive in D4 eastern. i would say c grade ammos would be around the mark of same quality of footy...

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
How s**t at football do you have to be to not get paid at park orchards?

Seriously, why start a team in the most footy club dense area in Victoria?

Friars 3rds rejects playing ones... Club will be gone within 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back