Eastern Football League - Division 4 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Nunawading a few times last year and again yesterday & they are a completely different team this year. The big unit up forward Tremewen will make his presence felt this year and they have a heap of new mids.
Donvale looked good for a young team. Di Staso is a player and Grocott & Leardi looked good. They had a few important outs and they'll only improve you'd think.
Surrey Park have recruited well and nearly got the points over FTG. Should be a good year.

Surrey Park will be more than competitive this yr, vastly improved team. Be interesting to see how Nunna, Donvale, Coldstream and Kilsyth go as all look to be there abouts this yr.

Surrey Park will be more than competitive this yr, vastly improved team. Be interesting to see how Nunna, Donvale, Coldstream and Kilsyth go as all look to be there abouts this yr.
Donvale outscored Kilsyth 14 goals to 4 in three of the quarters yet lost! Bizarre game. Donvale really struggling with their capt, vc and dvc all out injured at the moment.

I've see the real one at Bunnings in Nunawading plenty of times and think he must be a local, however, can't answer your question.

Last edited:
Looks like an even division other than the top 2. Although results after 3 rounds don't suggest they are totally invincible.

Who's everybody tipping in the big game, Warrandyte v Forest Hill.

Should be a cracking contest. Both have picked up some big bodied players so will be a hard fought affair, round 4 so early season jitters and settling into form should be out of the way.

I don't think it will be only twice they meet this year.

I'm tipping Warrandyte, solely because they're at home and Forest Hill might struggle on a larger ground.

Interesting to see Justin Murphy running around in the 2's for FTG yesterday. Handy loose man in defence in Div 4 ressies.
Hi, obviously I'm not associated with this league but I'm hearing Justin Murphy is heading to Lancaster FC in the Kyabram District FL up near Shepparton.... If he's been playing 2's he must be in abit of struggle town nowdays is he or???? Cheers

Hi, obviously I'm not associated with this league but I'm hearing Justin Murphy is heading to Lancaster FC in the Kyabram District FL up near Shepparton.... If he's been playing 2's he must be in abit of struggle town nowdays is he or???? Cheers
Looked extremely fit and moved well. He must have had a prior engagement during the afternoon or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warrandyte midfield a class above imo, will be very hard to beat this yr. All good ball users and there pressure is right up there, might be why FH kicked inaccurately

SB - I live within a KM of your ground & the young fella does Auskick up at Picketts.

I have never understood how the strong junior club doesn't transgress into a strong senior club. Is it due so much completion in the area? The other thing I have noticed all the people I know in the area follow Upper - but drive straight past Wally Tew to get there.

Hard to give an answer really. We've been very good at bringing good juniors through but hard to keep them when your in 4th division. Would be 8-10 of our juniors playing good footy in 1st and 2nd div, I think if we were to get out of 4th div we could potentially move up again quickly with the juniors we have coming through.

Might I suggest it's more of a cultural issue bob than anything? Obviously the clubs history of late isn't without the red faced blemish that would stop any parents wanting their kids to play there. Also might I believe there might be a bit of a division between junior and senior clubs? Of course I'm just stirring the pot a little, and I'm sure with a good man like Pete Garrell at the helm, that might change in the future. But I reckon there's a ton of water to go under the bridge before anything really starts to turn around there, any time soon!

Ps we've all got gun kids running around in higher divisions! It's just whether they ever return....half the time it just never happens. We've got the best defender in the state nearly playing at Vermont, leading goal kicker on 2nd div and vice captain at Casey. Not to mention his older bro and Dave eddy at mulgrave, bit I don't use that as an excuse. You move on a build with the ones who stay.

Not using those players leaving as an excuse, was more highlighting our need to do something better possibly to keep them playing at the club, but it is hard to keep 17-20 y.o kids in 4th div when they want to play 1st div. Every club has moments when the 'culture' gets questioned but I am certain that the club is heading in the right direction off the field and it will turn on field. Might want to question your clubs culture after what happend Sat night.

Ps we've all got gun kids running around in higher divisions! It's just whether they ever return....half the time it just never happens. We've got the best defender in the state nearly playing at Vermont, leading goal kicker on 2nd div and vice captain at Casey. Not to mention his older bro and Dave eddy at mulgrave, bit I don't use that as an excuse. You move on a build with the ones who stay.
Didnt know that Kris Pendelbury had moved to Vermont, thought he was still at Balwyn.