Ed Cowan - Where's he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Averaging 31 after 18 tests is simply not good enough. Had a fair go and just couldn't go on with all the starts he had. If he has another big summer he is young enough to get a recall.

Could he play in the middle order if needed?

Openers can bat anywhere. Last summer he changed his approach and looks to score a lot more which would help with a transition to the middle order if required.

Cheers BB.
Going to very interesting to see us transition our XI over the next 15 months.

Cheers BB.
Going to very interesting to see us transition our XI over the next 15 months.

I just wonder who will step up and how long the younger guys will be given to prove themselves. We will need to show patience with the younger guys I reckon .

he had committed to Tassie, but he and his wife virginna lette had a baby ,and they saw it as a couple, a good idea to return to sidneeeeeeeee
unfortunately for Ed , i think Lehman ( not of the same intellect)was not a fan of his playing style, ie still be their at lunch on the first day, however they bring in Rogers , who they then ask to play the roll Ed had played.
Unfortunatley cricket in Aussie is run by a few mostly NSW players admin, and PRESS,with their own agenda

selectors are hohns, marsh R, m waugh and bichel. only junior is a sydneysider.

but i do feel the aust wide media ie foxsports pump up nsw players mostly. they appear on the shows often, and highlights of nsw games are shown the most. not players fault, just ease of access. it in turn allows CA to save on transportation costs and flying players from other states to sydney for camps or overseas tours

selectors are hohns, marsh R, m waugh and bichel. only junior is a sydneysider.

but i do feel the aust wide media ie foxsports pump up nsw players mostly. they appear on the shows often, and highlights of nsw games are shown the most. not players fault, just ease of access. it in turn allows CA to save on transportation costs and flying players from other states to sydney for camps or overseas tours

Are you really claiming that CA get fox sports to promote NSW players in order to save on transport costs?

From everything I've seen and heard (and I share some mutual friends), he seems like a bit of a legend. I'm not sure he's worth going back to though as his record at Test level was hardly sparkling. But his form was good in the Shield, so maybe it's not the worst option while they also bring in a bunch of young bucks (although how good would it be to have a young Buck in the Shield right about now?).

To be honest - and I can't believe I'm saying this - would Watson be a better option than Cowan as opener?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wasnt aware of his decision to return to nsw until today via twitter

fSw3vM.png

if rogers retires (he prob will) the move back to sydney will work wonders for ed. less travel expenses for team Australia camps!
oh sooz:$

Ed has clearly work on deficiencies, like his strike rate, but would still give Burns, Bancroft a go before we try him again, which I hope is unnecessary.

Reckon it probably depends on who they pick as the newbie. Doubt they'd put Cowan to partner Bancroft.

If they go with Burns you'd have to think Cowan's in with a chance.

I'd have thought Marsh would come into the middle order to replace Clarke.

Hard to think of two young bats ready to debut. Would expect Cowan or Khawaja to come in to open.

So we're saying something like:

S. Marsh
Bancroft
Smith
Voges
Burns
M. Marsh
Nevill

Dunno if I see it. Too much inexperience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back