Toast ed marshmallows or witches hats?

Remove this Banner Ad

How is he trolling? He's responding to another poster and makes a legitimate argument.

Seems that the moment any other supporter from another club says something negative about WCE they are immediately a troll.

The statement that Neale tore us apart is a troll.

Neale didn't tear us apart, Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Barlow and Sandilands were who tore us apart. Neale was the 5th / 6th midfielder who gets no attention and took maximum benefit from the monster mids and rucks he played alongside who ripped us apart.

Same was said On the Couch, how good would it be being the 5th / 6th midfielder at Freo being fed the ball by Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Sandilands and Hill. You get no attention at all and play your own game on your terms.

If you can't see that's the case then go have another look and engage your brain.:cool:

this - except by that time we will have one of selwood or hutch back - put selwood on fyfe and yeo to play offensively

dunno if you could put hutch on hill - prolly too slow

Yeo on Fyfe would be very interesting and effective IMO.

Fyfe is full on attack at the stoppages. In one play the ball didn't bounce his way and Yeo had the agility to dodge, collect the ball and burn off away from Fyfe.

Also Yeo has a defensive and offensive mindset. You can see Fyfe get the ball and he then runs on and through opponents. With Yeo on him he is one of the few who would have the closing speed to run down Fyfe from behind out of stoppages, especially if Fyfe is trying to break through other mids in close.

So Yeo is best equipped to shut Fyfe down and also the best equipped to hurt Fyfe on the counter attack whilst not getting tagged yourself.

It would be an awesome head to head battle to watch.:thumbsu: The best player from both sides in the guts.

Would he have got that without the supply from Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy, Hill and Sandilands?

And with three others attracting the tag?

That's the point.

Who knows? He did, and tore us apart. That's the point.

Who knows? He did, and tore us apart. That's the point.

Without quality supply, without all the grunt work being done by others and getting a hard tag himself he would have done just as well?

Really?

Pretty easy to get plenty of it when others cop the hard tag. Just look at Priddis when we play against a weak midfield and Shuey and Gaff get all the attention.;) I'm sure Dark Sharks would agree!!:D

Without quality supply, without all the grunt work being done by others and getting a hard tag himself he would have done just as well?

Really?

Pretty easy to get plenty of it when others cop the hard tag. Just look at Priddis when we play against a weak midfield and Shuey and Gaff get all the attention.;) I'm sure Dark Sharks would agree!!:D

Without all the support he got from family a junior, without Morabito being constantly injured and Sylvia spending the offseason at Krispy Kreme, would he have done as well?

You thought a Dockers poster was trolling for saying Neale tore us apart. He did tear us apart. He benefits from being in a much better midfield and from getting good service from a quality ruckman, but that doesn't change the fact he had a huge game

Yeo on Fyfe would be very interesting and effective IMO.

Fyfe is full on attack at the stoppages. In one play the ball didn't bounce his way and Yeo had the agility to dodge, collect the ball and burn off away from Fyfe.

Also Yeo has a defensive and offensive mindset. You can see Fyfe get the ball and he then runs on and through opponents. With Yeo on him he is one of the few who would have the closing speed to run down Fyfe from behind out of stoppages, especially if Fyfe is trying to break through other mids in close.

So Yeo is best equipped to shut Fyfe down and also the best equipped to hurt Fyfe on the counter attack whilst not getting tagged yourself.

It would be an awesome head to head battle to watch.:thumbsu: The best player from both sides in the guts.

I see where you are coming from - but scooter did a pretty good job on fyfe last year - and if we could negate fyfe while yeo chops up......

Course everytime fyfe went forward scooter got found out so .....

I dont think yeo has the tank yet to play in the guts all game with fyfe so it would have to be a combo

Really?

The real question is...would Masten get 40 possessions and kick 3 goals if he was the 5th/6th midfielder in the Freo team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you go and offer Dangerfield 5 million for 5 years? I think Yoe, Danger, Shuey, Sheed, Duggan on the end NN would be frighteningly good.

Yeah that's right FiveStrings , you 'lawyer' his ass.

And yet Priddis has never torn anyone apart like the way Neale did, so the comparison isn't all that accurate is it? Neale deserves some credit.

I see where you are coming from - but scooter did a pretty good job on fyfe last year - and if we could negate fyfe while yeo chops up......

Course everytime fyfe went forward scooter got found out so .....

I dont think yeo has the tank yet to play in the guts all game with fyfe so it would have to be a combo

Agree Yeo doesn't have the tank to stay with Fyfe for a full game.

You mention another positive about a Fyfe / Yeo match up in that if Fyfe drags his tagger forward they can get outmatched. Yeo at least has the height and the leap to compete in the air. You are right that Scooter can get found out with this match up if Fyfe goes forward, he just can't match him in marking contests.

I just hope Simpson stops playing Yeo down back because we've lost a couple of talls. We are being reactive and moving away from our long term plans to use Yeo to improve our midfield. I'd rather see us play McInness or even Barrass / Brophy down back and develop them as half backs / CHB's whilst remain determined to use Yeo where we need him the most, in the middle.

Yeah that's right FiveStrings , you 'lawyer' his ass.

And yet Priddis has never torn anyone apart like the way Neale did, so the comparison isn't all that accurate is it? Neale deserves some credit.

Agree Neale deserves credit. I took exception to the comment from the Freo poster that a smaller mid like Neale tore us apart so why can't the Eagles smaller mids do the same?

The answer is the Eagles smaller mids don't have the support of the likes of Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow and Hill. Sandilands and Naitanui are pretty equal in servicing the midfield from the ruck.

As you and other have been saying (including me) our midfield lacks balance. We are too small, lack height, speed and power. For example it's not like Neale is better than Shuey it's just that Neale has a better / bigger / faster midfield support cast getting the hard ball for him and attracting all the tags.

If Shuey played for Freo he'd be racking up 35+ each week and kicking 2 goals a game........and winning multiple Ross Glendining Medals.

Without all the support he got from family a junior, without Morabito being constantly injured and Sylvia spending the offseason at Krispy Kreme, would he have done as well?

You thought a Dockers poster was trolling for saying Neale tore us apart. He did tear us apart. He benefits from being in a much better midfield and from getting good service from a quality ruckman, but that doesn't change the fact he had a huge game

Correction, the Dockers poster asked / inferred why couldn't our smaller mids do what Neale did. Freo's smallest midfielder has a huge impact so whats wrong with our small midfield group.

The answer is lack of support and supply from bigger, quality midfielders such as Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow and Hill. And avoiding any taggers.

Would he have got that without the supply from Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy, Hill and Sandilands?

And with three others attracting the tag?

That's the point.
You've actually got it the wrong way around. Lachie is the in and under player who gets first possession and hands it off to Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Hill. He doesn't need supply, he is the supply.

He plays the same role as Priddis does in your team.... but doesn't have a Brownlow ;)

You've actually got it the wrong way around. Lachie is the in and under player who gets first possession and hands it off to Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Hill. He doesn't need supply, he is the supply.

He plays the same role as Priddis does in your team.... but doesn't have a Brownlow ;)
Yep, many followers get caught up in the you must be big bodied, 6' 2"+ midfielders to be successful. I actually like footballers who can play footy and Lachie is exactly one of those.

I like Lachie's calves. Their bigger than Masten and Gaffs torso.

Needs tatts though and he'll instantly play 24% better. No homo

Correction, the Dockers poster asked / inferred why couldn't our smaller mids do what Neale did. Freo's smallest midfielder has a huge impact so whats wrong with our small midfield group.

The answer is lack of support and supply from bigger, quality midfielders such as Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow and Hill. And avoiding any taggers.

My apologies, I thought you were saying the statement that "Neale tore us apart" was incorrect and a troll when you said

The statement that Neale tore us apart is a troll.

Neale didn't tear us apart, Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Barlow and Sandilands were who tore us apart.

Really?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dermott-brereton/story-fni5ezi5-1227306782403

You have it arse about
"He is the hardest working true inside midfielder in that team. And just maybe, in the league.

Mundy and Fyfe edge him out for clearances, just. But he is clearly the No.1 player to get first hands on the footy at Dockers stoppages."
In the pre-season comp Neale was once again similarly numbered to Fyfe and Mundy for clearances. But the one thing that must be understood at clearances is that there is a difference between a clearance and a first possession.
Someone like Neale can win the first possession deep inside the pack, feed the ball to a Mundy, Fyfe or Barlow closer to the outside of the pack, then they break free and get credited with a clearance.

Neale’s number of first possessions was 26 in the three weeks of NAB Challenge. The next best Docker was 10.

Add to this, when Neale gets first hands on the ball at a stoppage the clearance rate is 85 per cent. That is phenomenal."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...dermott-brereton/story-fni5ezi5-1227306782403

You have it arse about
"He is the hardest working true inside midfielder in that team. And just maybe, in the league.

Mundy and Fyfe edge him out for clearances, just. But he is clearly the No.1 player to get first hands on the footy at Dockers stoppages."
In the pre-season comp Neale was once again similarly numbered to Fyfe and Mundy for clearances. But the one thing that must be understood at clearances is that there is a difference between a clearance and a first possession.
Someone like Neale can win the first possession deep inside the pack, feed the ball to a Mundy, Fyfe or Barlow closer to the outside of the pack, then they break free and get credited with a clearance.

Neale’s number of first possessions was 26 in the three weeks of NAB Challenge. The next best Docker was 10.

Add to this, when Neale gets first hands on the ball at a stoppage the clearance rate is 85 per cent. That is phenomenal."

Boom!

There is a lot to like about Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back