Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
I play a lot of FIFA on various consoles, and I watch a lot of English Premier League, and yet here I am - a frothing Collingwood/AFL supporter.

They can coexist happily, but the AFL needs to get their s**t together.

If they're desperate to break into gaming then they need to subsidize the development of a solid AFL console game. AFL Live and AFL Live 2 were novelty games and nothing more.

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi Pies... I've been worried about this for a while and yes the the ASADA saga seems to have really left polarization of opinions that are no help...

My Serbian mate predicted this some 15 years and I laughed at him...

What worries me peering into the situation is the AFL seem to be letting it happen through crazy self governed entitlement...

I play a lot of FIFA on various consoles, and I watch a lot of English Premier League, and yet here I am - a frothing Collingwood/AFL supporter.

They can coexist happily, but the AFL needs to get their s**t together.

If they're desperate to break into gaming then they need to subsidize the development of a solid AFL console game. AFL Live and AFL Live 2 were novelty games and nothing more.

The cost to build a game is prohibitive unless it can be sold worldwide. Sales in Australia alone will not provide adequate return on investment... FIFA can sell their wares everywhere...

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Well the 1st 2 where Crap. Hope there be a Improvement on them

Live 1 was okay. Live 2, not so much.

Live 3 is apparently being developed by Wicked Witch, who gave us Live 2, so there is understandable apprehension...

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spend more money on developing a game. A lot of people I know love playing sports games but chose not to play AFL live as it is a s**t experience give us a good game and more people will buy it and play it

The same thing happened in the 90s with the basketball becoming very popular to play for a local team. NBA 2K is extremely popular here, yet basketball isn't exactly taking over the AFL is it?

People need to stop getting worried over the littlest things.

I want a game made by the creators of Super International Cricket. We need the creative genius of the minds who brought us a "Howzat!" Button.

Love That Game

Back