Rumour Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Whose spot on the forward line is Betts taking? We have our 3 talls and LT as well as Boomer and Patch playing high half forward roles. Which of them gets dropped?

We won't get any of them.

If Dal Santo leaves St Kilda he will wan't to go to a high profile club for a couple years
We simply can not afford Dale Thomas
Eddie Betts just does not fit in to what we need
Pretty sure if Cooney left the Bulldogs he would head back to Adelaide

Just keep what we got and get more good teenagers in through the draft.

We won't get any of them.

If Dal Santo leaves St Kilda he will wan't to go to a high profile club for a couple years
We simply can not afford Dale Thomas
Eddie Betts just does not fit in to what we need
Pretty sure if Cooney left the Bulldogs he would head back to Adelaide

Just keep what we got and get more good teenagers in through the draft.

I don't think salary cap space is an issue with Daisy. We have $800k+, I just don't think Thomas will leave Collingwood for a 'boutique' club. I also can't see our football department paying him substantially more than the likes of Harvey, Petrie and Swallow.

Cooney is a genuine target, especially if he sees us as a finals bound team next year. He'd leave for the same money if he seriously thought we could win a flag within 3 seasons.

Where would he fit in, if as we expect Boomer plays more of a small forward roll next year, then plus Thomas, Adams and with Garner,Harper hopefully busting the door down, whos spot would Eddie take? Adams?.

If it was up to me i would pass on Betts, ecspecially for that much money. We need a classy mid any thing else will be dissapointing.

I'd be happy to have Betts, he could have good chemistry with LT since they are mates.
It didn't seem like JB was confident though.

We aint gonna get Betts for nothing...Hansen for Betts anyone??? I think we can easily cover Hansen with our existing backs Thompson, Delaney boys, Grima etc.

We aint gonna get Betts for nothing...Hansen for Betts anyone??? I think we can easily cover Hansen with our existing backs Thompson, Delaney boys, Grima etc.
No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to think you were serious, now I'm convinced you're a troll.

I dont even know what a troll is, I'm posing a e.g. scenario, how can we get Betts, who do we trade? People wanna slam me but cant give me any positive answers.....

I dont even know what a troll is, I'm posing a e.g. scenario, how can we get Betts, who do we trade? People wanna slam me but cant give me any positive answers.....

Your hatred for Hansen is unbelievable. Betts is a restricted free agent as far as im aware, so if Carlton can't match a contract offer from another club they lose him with no compensation paid by the new club (the AFL pay the compensation). If they do match the contract offer then yes a trade would have to happen - I doubt we'd trade for him, we seem to be keen to get him via free agency or nothing

When it's one of our most valuable players at the moment what do you expect?!

We just don't need him. If Boomer starts spending more time in the forward line than we have the best small forward in the comp, it's as simple as that. He reads the game expertly, is a dead eye dick, fast and crafty, and isn't inconsistent (like Betts is)

Save the money for someone actually half decent

Losing cred points Jack......be careful where you want to sit in here, youve made some decent points in the past but a comment like that on Hansen when he has finally burst his bubble so to speak. Only closes peoples opinions of you being a serious poster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back