Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie was double teamed a lot in the first half. We needed to man this extra man up...but we didn't. The Hawks knew if he got off the leash we would be hard to stop.

It means we weren't smart enough to use him as a decoy and lift the eyes for another option. Our obsession with quick movement into the f50 has proven to really hurt us by choosing poor options. If we were smart or at the very least learning from it we would move it quickly to the half forward line but if its Eddie on two defenders we hold it up and wait until other options appear.

It means we weren't smart enough to use him as a decoy and lift the eyes for another option. Our obsession with quick movement into the f50 has proven to really hurt us by choosing poor options. If we were smart or at the very least learning from it we would move it quickly to the half forward line but if its Eddie on two defenders we hold it up and wait until other options appear.
Only problem with this is that the spare man created by double-teaming Eddie is often not in the forward line, but further up the field (frequently in our own back line). It frequently seems to be the case that the ball goes into our F50 with just Eddie and 2x opponents present. No amount of lifting the eyes will help if there is no "spare man" to be found.

Saw instances on Friday where Betts was the "last" forward around the back of the centre square with no one behind him into the forward line and two Hawk defenders on him. We push up the ground far too much with our forwards and they keep creeping up if the play gets congested in our backline. Haven't liked it for a couple of seasons.

Saw instances on Friday where Betts was the "last" forward around the back of the centre square with no one behind him into the forward line and two Hawk defenders on him. We push up the ground far too much with our forwards and they keep creeping up if the play gets congested in our backline. Haven't liked it for a couple of seasons.

The push-up the ground fad - how much longer will it last?

Maybe when coaches figure out there's no offside rule?

Drives me nuts how often that seems to happen.

Win the contested ball, get it out to a outrider...chain of handballs and then look up and see no-one in the forward line. Drives me nuts. At the very least with our three tall system one should be 20-30 metres out from goal with the whole 50 to lead up at the ball. Its not rocket science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just what we DON'T need...another small forward kicking 1 goal every 2 games who has no tackling skills or forward pressure ability. We already have lots of those!

Spend the $2mill on a proven goal kicker to help Tex next year.

I assume if Betts comes then Pets or Porps or Callinan are gone?
I love posts like this.

lucky I havent been around long enough for posts to come back and bite me in the ass.:D

This thread would have to be up there with the Patrick Dangerfield draft thread. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Back