Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.news.com.au/national/mar...gned-eddie-betts/story-e6frfkp9-1227381833305

"WHEN the Crows decided to pick up Carlton forward Eddie Betts for $500,000 a year, I definitely had my doubts.

It seemed like a lot of money to pay for a bloke who played in the forward pocket

It’s no fluke that Cam Ellis-Youlmen and Charlie Cameron have taken giant steps forward in 2015 under the guidance of the experienced Betts. If you don’t have a strong indigenous leader at your club then it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to get the best out of your indigenous players, who on average make up 10 per cent of the list."

No need to wonder who is really running the AFC at the moment.:cool:

Oh and anyone that doesnt believe Betts doesnt deserve goal of the year.....get out! :p

Saw Eddie drill a left foot torp from the 50m line on the boundary as his last kick in the warm up in round 1 and thinking wow, so he's obviously been storing it up for the right moment.

I realised last night the Eddie is my favourite player. He inspires the same kind of amazement that Modra did when I was a boy.

He's one of those players you go to watch just to see him play.

Fantastic player.

Off today. I wonder if that is just due to playing against his old team.
Nah he reamed them last year. Opposition, especially his old side, are going to double team him alot couple with our awful entries at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't really expect a five goal game every week. He was double teamed today, exacerbated by inept f50 entries (I know, what a surprise!). When a team pays so much attention to a single player forward like the blues did today with eddie betts, it means other forwards have to use it as an opportunity to step up and become threatening, which we saw in glimpses from both CC and Jenkins.

Hopefully they do change it to 50 games

Be real. You know whats going to happen we always get screwed it will probably stay at 100. Eddie has to play for another 3 years without injury, which is easily doable. I think every 150+ game player should be automatically allowed to play at the Club without any penalty in the draft.

I find it so f**king shitty that the rules have changed for F/s yet the Melbourne Clubs were able to reap the benefits of getting the benefits without having to pay through the nose.

If you look at Betts situation with his two sons. They apparently love footy and with Betts as their role model its fairly certain they will be decent kids, skill and ability is another issue but if the way Betts is mentoring CC is any yardstick, then Betts kids should be right up there in contention. Sadly a long way to go.

Back