Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw something priceless today. At a Canberra plant nursery, I noticed an SUV with the number plate "EDDIE": underneath was "Carlton Blues"!
How was the owner feeling?
Should have given him a crows' sticker to place over the top & all good..

I saw something priceless today. At a Canberra plant nursery, I noticed an SUV with the number plate "EDDIE": underneath was "Carlton Blues"!
How was the owner feeling?

That is the mark that Mick Malthouse has left on Carlton. He basically traded a much loved crowd puller and favourite in Eddie for the injury prone Thomas who has yet to really deliver at their Club.

To be honest,we have Malthouse to thank for this and his love of Daisy over Betts.

I wondered if Eddie would be a bit flat last week given the personal situation he had gone through.

Hopefully the break will give him a chance for a bit of closure and regathering himself and back at his best to torment the hawks!

Football genius - SO good.

Did the AO tour today and saw this in the scoreboard. Apparently they put it up during training sessions.

eddiespocket_zpspjdpodqf.jpg

Damn just noticed the Adelaide Oval page on Facebook beat me to it!

That is the mark that Mick Malthouse has left on Carlton. He basically traded a much loved crowd puller and favourite in Eddie for the injury prone Thomas who has yet to really deliver at their Club.

To be honest,we have Malthouse to thank for this and his love of Daisy over Betts.

But wasn't Betts the most wanted man at Carlton and he betrayed them by playing safe all year.

Looks like he's a few people's favorites!

EDDIE Betts has the most Crows fans in his pocket, overtaking “Tex” and “Danger” to become the club’s most popular player.

The goalsneak with a beaming smile and baggy shorts has made Adelaide Oval’s forward pocket his own this season.

Betts is No 2 on the goal kicking list and is now the No. 1 merchandise choice for fans, who are demanding his badge and No. 18 guernsey in unprecedented numbers.

Crows merchandise manager Glynn Simpson said there was “no doubt” that Betts had become the fans’ favourite player.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ed...t-popular-player/story-fndv862c-1227397495975

If he doesn't get a walk up start in AA this year I'll scream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

I've watched enough of this man week in and week out to make this call.

He is the most pure, instinctively talented footballer we've ever had at the club - with the exception of McLeod and D Jarman.

This bloke does things on a football field - some aren't even obvious to the great unwashed - that 99% of people who pick up a football will never be able to do.

Worth every single penny it cost us to get him across.

Bump.

I've watched enough of this man week in and week out to make this call.

He is the most pure, instinctively talented footballer we've ever had at the club - with the exception of McLeod and D Jarman.

This bloke does things on a football field - some aren't even obvious to the great unwashed - that 99% of people who pick up a football will never be able to do.

Worth every single penny it cost us to get him across.
So noble did something right ;)

Does it s**t everyone else that wingard will get his AA position and Eddie will miss out? The selectors always have short memories and seem to forget about the start of a year and focus on a strong finish

Does it s**t everyone else that wingard will get his AA position and Eddie will miss out? The selectors always have short memories and seem to forget about the start of a year and focus on a strong finish
Surely they'll both get in plus Bruest

Hopefully they pick a proper team with forwards, mids and defenders rather than 16 mids

Loved the "EEEEEDDDDDIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE" chant lining up for goal. Have we ever had that? We've had, "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED," and, "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" But nothing like the Eddie chant.

Wingard is beating Eddie in every single statistic, mostly it's not even close, and on the eye test he's been more consistent. I think he has a HFF locked up and Eddie in the pocket.

Back