EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 3 peat for Marby in 2011, would have been nice, not to be.

Greenvale were very good, have a few problems with 2 players on report in number 6 Rowan Nanya and the captain as well.
Both should be suspended but given the EDFL Tribunal go soft during finals in previous years it would not suprise me if both ended up playing.

Given Daley got off last year for busting someones nose with an unprovoked headbutt, with any consistency they'll both get off.

Being a neutral at the game, I was eagerly anticipating a physical stoush and a cracking game. Sadly the game was over halfway through the second qtr. It was painfully obvious that Marby were too top heavy and a few of their better players were underdone.

As far as I'm concerned the fight started when Matt Towner went for a cheap shot shepherd as the GV player chased Ayres. When the GV player got up to square off, barling et al jumped in and started roughing up the GV player. Lucas, to his credit, helped out his younger/smaller teammate. The next thing I saw was about 4-5 marby players on top of Lucas up against the fence near the canteen(Steamed Dimmies were a highlight of the day). This made me miss the hit on Ayres which left him on the ground for a fair while, but for the supporters to call Ayres a fair player is a bit rich, he throws his share of cheapys under the packs like everyone else. Then on the GV side, Carey and Rohan squared up and Carey threw three or four haymakers which failed to connect then Rohan threw one and leveled Carey. This prompted Hollow to threw what would be generously described as a 'cheap shot'. Then bedlam broke out and the GV faithful near me were ropeable and rightly so, but they had the last laugh on the day. It will be interesting to see what the tribunal's findings are. It will also be interesting to see if Strathmore (Zantuck in particular) have a go at roughing up GV, as they didn't take a backwards step on Saturday.

Also funny moment before the game @ Keilor the great Wayne "Duck " carey was on his phone and a marby supporter ( hanger on? not many of those) standing within 5 mtrs and him and a ball goes sailing towards Carey and the supporter yells out " watch out chicken! Wayne goes to walk off and his new best mate says " nearly got you" Carey turns to him and says "well of course it would with you yelling chicken"

1st brooks
2nd jones
3rd nanya
4th ?? j.smith
ayres
fitzgerald
well done to big brooks, blokes a gun and fair effort by nanya considering he missed a chunk of the season!! Conrats to joel Mcdonald and Sammy Higgs on joining Pascu and Gleeson in this years team of the year, three of those boys all played in the same under 18 team together so a great effort by the club to bring them all through and look after them, would be fair to say that its now paying off, add to that A. Smith, T. German, D. Wittmar, J. Kennedy and N. scibberas and you have a great base of local talent to build on for years to come with some promising players in the 2nds at the moment!

1st brooks
2nd jones
3rd nanya
4th ?? j.smith
ayres
fitzgerald
well done to big brooks, blokes a gun and fair effort by nanya considering he missed a chunk of the season!! Conrats to joel Mcdonald and Sammy Higgs on joining Pascu and Gleeson in this years team of the year, three of those boys all played in the same under 18 team together so a great effort by the club to bring them all through and look after them, would be fair to say that its now paying off, add to that A. Smith, T. German, D. Wittmar, J. Kennedy and N. scibberas and you have a great base of local talent to build on for years to come with some promising players in the 2nds at the moment!

Can someone please tell where the votes can be seen ?
I think I'm chance for win something.

Congratulations to Dominic "Donza" Monteleone (A Reserves) and Robbie Gulifa (B Reserves) on their league B and F wins last night... Both players very hard at the footy and always put their body on the line, play for their team and club and both very deserved winners! Best wishes to their respective clubs on winning the flag to go with it!

Dont think westmeadows is a done deal is it? . Lance has also been in talks with Mcleod in NFL and glenroy. Also something floating around that Craigeburn are trying hard to keep him.
A lot of clubs have contacted him,He dosent have to chase them, with the experiece he brings and the players that will follow him .If you were in the market for a coach ,why wouldnt you ring him. Craigieburn must be having financial troubles as they have asked a lot of there players to take pay cuts.Could it be sponsors pulling out ?

The tribunal is a joke. Taking this case out of it. The tribunal has always said that if you challenge a report by deciding to front the tribunal and you are found guilty. They HAVE to by regulation give the player the original suspension (2 weeks) PLUS an additional week. I can see that a Grand final is a huge game to miss but they must be consistant through the year on otherr cases and show the same discretion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure..

If anyone finds Mick Dundee(he has gone missing), please get him to pass on my congratulations to coach Clinnick for taking the best list, the most expensive list in the History of the EDFL to finish 4th...........
Marby will be in B grade in 3 years when the $$$'s dry up. Already a heap of players heading out the door(Deer Park). Mercenaries....................

A lot of clubs have contacted him,He dosent have to chase them, with the experiece he brings and the players that will follow him .If you were in the market for a coach ,why wouldnt you ring him. Craigieburn must be having financial troubles as they have asked a lot of there players to take pay cuts.Could it be sponsors pulling out ?

As a Cburn supporter, I would be disappointed to see Lance go and the club should do everything to keep him, he is a fantastic communicator/motivator and his knowledge of the game is outstanding.

Be interesting to see what players follow Lance and to what club? From all reports it will be an EDFL club. Nolan is very good mates with him and they would be an excellant partnership together but cant see him leaving Paco. Our Vice Captain Jake Piggot is Cousins with Lance and I know he wants to play under the him, with afew mates. This is a concern

The tribunal is a joke. Taking this case out of it. The tribunal has always said that if you challenge a report by deciding to front the tribunal and you are found guilty. They HAVE to by regulation give the player the original suspension (2 weeks) PLUS an additional week. I can see that a Grand final is a huge game to miss but they must be consistant through the year on otherr cases and show the same discretion

Tribunal goes soft during finals, have for a number of years now.

Tip in the prem final is Greenvale

If anyone finds Mick Dundee(he has gone missing), please get him to pass on my congratulations to coach Clinnick for taking the best list, the most expensive list in the History of the EDFL to finish 4th...........
Marby will be in B grade in 3 years when the $$$'s dry up. Already a heap of players heading out the door(Deer Park). Mercenaries....................
Yep spent a lot of money for no result, gotta love that!! - hey but thats what egos and arrogance will do for you. Assume there is some sole searching and questions being asked by the money men, they recruited and paid well over the odds for some players ie.
  • Carey - past it and has been for a couple of years due injury
  • Hollow - lack of consistency
  • Matt Towner - past it and a thug
  • Luke Buttiegieg - fitness a question
  • Aisakie O'Hailpin - abject failure
  • Jo Laverde - played 1 good game out 12
  • Marc Bullen - overated
  • Adrian Gervasi - god only knows!!!
Did I leave anyone out??? ;)

Yep spent a lot of money for no result, gotta love that!! - hey but thats what egos and arrogance will do for you. Assume there is some sole searching and questions being asked by the money men, they recruited and paid well over the odds for some players ie.
  • Marc Bullen - overated

And in two weeks time Strathmore and Greenvale would have spent alot of money for no reward also.

So your point is invalid unless you want to count the other 8 A Grade sides who also will not win a flag. ( sorry TL you dont count).

I dont think it hurt Marby the last two years did it?

Short memorys.

• Marc Bullen - overated

Aren't you a douttas supporter??

Lol i really laugh at a lot of stuff on here,according to everyone on here every club is crap :) they pay to much,have crap admin,dont have enough home grown players,have bad facilities,the EDFL have poor admin,etc etc

So my question is are there any clubs in the EDFL that are going ok in anyones eyes lol by the way im from Douttas and we are struggling at the minute no real secret there,issues on and off the field we need to address of which we are endevouring to do anyway i know its all talk on here a lot of it hidden behind a keyboard but are the clubs and comp as bad as what is projected on here or do we just carry on too much???

THE DREBSTER

Aren't you a douttas supporter??
..and looking at that list of players you'd think he'd have reason to laugh?

Lol i really laugh at a lot of stuff on here,according to everyone on here every club is crap :) they pay to much,have crap admin,dont have enough home grown players,have bad facilities,the EDFL have poor admin,etc etc

So my question is are there any clubs in the EDFL that are going ok in anyones eyes lol by the way im from Douttas and we are struggling at the minute no real secret there,issues on and off the field we need to address of which we are endevouring to do anyway i know its all talk on here a lot of it hidden behind a keyboard but are the clubs and comp as bad as what is projected on here or do we just carry on too much???

THE DREBSTER
I'd say Oak Park, Greenvale & Strathmore are in the best nick. Yes all three have bought players but they also have a good mix of "homegrown" players. Avondale, Abers and Douttas (amongst others) are all turning things around on field and all seem to have bright futures if they can keep their sides together.
Even Marby who certainly don't earn admirers, largely cop it out of jealousy of their recent success. They'll need to start bringing their own players through at some point as their chequebook style won't last forever. They are making inroads in that regard though with a number of their juniors making representative sides. As a whole the league is going reasonably well. The question remains though how much is too much? in terms of players wages.
Anyways best of luck to all playing this weekend should be a great game.

\
Still here Dopey! Big Mick hides from no one especially idiots like you who just make statements without facts.
Why dont you put you money ( if you have any) where you arse is , Marby will continue to be a power house for a long time and in A grade.

How did your team go Dopey!:rolleyes:

Well im backing Marby to be good next year as in finish top 4 and you have to stay up in A grade for many years Mick as the Marby barby is definately a highlight for me :D maybe i need to make sure we dont go down as a Jacana barby just doesnt have the some appeal to it :D

Ok im off to watch Greenvale and Strathmore and then bermuda triangle tonight Royal,Osullivans then Nova,no real idea who will win but ill back Greenvale so the Mores out in straight sets and ill always back myself in at Nova :)

THE DREBSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back