EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do Peverill, Lucas, Livingston etc. I'd imagine getting someone of his ilk would make Abers a far for attractive destination for other recruits. Will be a huge sgning for the comp, as unlike other ex afl players coming to the comp he isn't crocked/permanent vfl player and was in great touch. I wouldn't want to be a defender standing him though. :cool:

Early recruits for next season which I have heard.

Cameron Mooney - Greenvale.
Barry Hall - Maribyrnong Park.

Anyone heard similar?

Will Courtney Johns finally pull on the boots at Abers next year?? If so is going to be a massive fwd line with Hall.

Well if there was I would be congratulating my good mate Benny Chapman on guiding his team (Oak Park) into the two's grand final.

Obvioulsy APW didn't want him, but as they say "one man's trash is another's treasure" so good on Oak Park for grabbing him as he's a cracking bloke with plenty to offer, and who know's - maybe a crack at his own senior side may be an option somewhere down the track :thumbsu:
hey doona ur from broardford let us know whats big baz doing is the realy blue

Neither do Peverill, Lucas, Livingston etc. I'd imagine getting someone of his ilk would make Abers a far for attractive destination for other recruits. Will be a huge sgning for the comp, as unlike other ex afl players coming to the comp he isn't crocked/permanent vfl player and was in great touch. I wouldn't want to be a defender standing him though. :cool:

How much would you think Barry would be worth a game , he was still in good nick at the Doggies and with less training at a suburban level , you would think those niggling injuries should go away.

Over on our site the WRFL , they are saying Deer Park have him , so until he actually signs somewhere who knows where he will be next year massive pick up though where ever that is.

How much would you think Barry would be worth a game , he was still in good nick at the Doggies and with less training at a suburban level , you would think those niggling injuries should go away.

Over on our site the WRFL , they are saying Deer Park have him , so until he actually signs somewhere who knows where he will be next year massive pick up though where ever that is.
Maybe we could ask the Western Bulldogs media manager .Now lets see! where could we find him? Oh thats right he is the new coach of recently promoted club PascoeVale fc. Maybe they could use a full forward.

Could have sworn there was one more game left this year....... oh well guess not many can see past their own backyard :D plenty of time to talk about next year, lets get some tips in boy's! should be a cracker game with alot of feeling, these two sides dont like each other very much and why would you have it any other way :thumbsu: Jones needs to stand up if the mores are to have a chance, big Lermy has done a stellar job since he came to the club and would be the most underatted big man in the league ( can just imagine the Abers faithful shaking their heads:D) it wouldnt surprise me to see him ruck all day and he usally gets first hands to the oak park midfield which means fiztgerald will need some help in the middle, in both the oaks wins this year he has played a lone hand (and he does it very well mind you) and it will be too much of an ask to do it in a grand final, O'brien, Carrick or May need to give him some help or else it could be a long day against a a very fit and even oakers midfield.
whoever gets harvey will have to be on their guard as he links up play all over the ground very well, yeas winter, morrell and doering are very good footballers but the way oakers play they have seemed to have very little time on the ball and lets face speed isnt really one of those boys stronger attributes so i think it may fall to harvey to get on his bike and be the link man.
Oakers dont really apply a Hard tag anywhere on the ground so they will have to be careful of staudt and knight who have the ability to slip over the back of the defence and get some cheapies, so turnovers will be crucial in the midfield by both hand and foot.
Expect Oak park to go small in the fwd line too negate both Little and Zantuck, i expect one of either to go to Hooper (i have heard that Morrell wants that job so shoulb be interesting to see) and one to Smith who loves the big stage and will be one to watch, that leaving Campbell for Considine as the link man further up the ground.... dont know who they will send to Alby, he killed them last time and looks set to have a big say in the contest so whoever gets him will have the biggest job on the ground... imo its one that could very decide the contest as the oaks seem to get rolling when the captain is up and about, think mazzeo got the job last time so will be interesting to see.
Pascu and Higgs will need to be watched as well as scilliano who has had a ripper last half of the year, and with clarke, smith and german rotating through the fwd line i just see to many problems for the mores to contain,as has proven over the last 2 years where oak park have had the wood over the mores... my tip Oak park by 20 with Gleeson Bog (its what i hope anyway:thumbsu::thumbsu:)

2's Op by 3 points
18's Abers by 2 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

report, reaction from both camps and gallery of the EDFL A-grade grand final - see the link:

http://ow.ly/6x5SS

Injury-hit Strathmore locked the ball down to cling to victory by two points against Oak Park in a thrilling Essendon District Football League A-grade grand final on Saturday.

Strathmore coach Digby Morrell made the hard call on his own selection before leading his team to victory in the EDFL A-grade grand final from the boundary.

A run of eight consecutive minor scores in 14 third-quarter minutes will provide plenty of ‘‘what if’’ moments for Oak Park coach Phil Plunkett to ponder in the coming weeks.

Michael O’Brien made sure his last quarter in footy was a special one.

Slotting a goal from the boundary in the dying stages, the Strathmore midfielder retired after providing the decisive moment of the grand final.

1433709.jpg

1433710.jpg

Strathmore premiers by 2 points in a cracking Grand Final.

. Why didn't Oak Parks Captain play in the GF Saturday?

When OP kicked the goal to go in front I thought SMore were gone, until that mouth Pascu decided he wanted to humiliate the Smore opponent by mouthing off in his face. Pascu can take credit for giving Smore that little bit of extra motivation to give the effort they needed to hang on. Hang your head in shame!

Great win by the Mores against a very gutsy and desparately unlucky Oak Park. This grand final certainly never reached the heights of some previous grand finals, apart from a riveting final quarter. It may have been partly due to the windy conditions, but I don't think I have seen so many relatively easy shots on goal missed by both teams.

Mores would have been unlucky to lose as they were without Morrell, lost Funky Campbell to a knee injury in first quarter, and also Zantuck did a calf in first quarter. Zantuck to his credit showed great courage ( as he always does ), and battled on to play a role in the great win. He has been justifiably rewarded with a premiership win and selection in the EDFL team of the year.

Oak Park are a great team and club, and I am sure that they will bounce back from a hearbreaking loss. They have had a great couple of years after only being re-promoted in 2010, and are certainly young enough to be in the mix for a while yet.

. Why didn't Oak Parks Captain play in the GF Saturday?

When OP kicked the goal to go in front I thought SMore were gone, until that mouth Pascu decided he wanted to humiliate the Smore opponent by mouthing off in his face. Pascu can take credit for giving Smore that little bit of extra motivation to give the effort they needed to hang on. Hang your head in shame!
Crawl back in your hole knob Jockey, the captain did play Alex Gleeson, thats how informed you are, were u there at all, and if you want Jacks address I will forward it to you and you can front him yourself. Disappear off this forum flog.

Crawl back in your hole knob Jockey, the captain did play Alex Gleeson, thats how informed you are, were u there at all, and if you want Jacks address I will forward it to you and you can front him yourself. Disappear off this forum flog.

Yeah I was there, so if the Captain did play why didn't I see him? Probably because he didn't get a sniff............ Can you remember a GF where a Captain has played all game and had less impact? Looked as though he got all Oiled up, sat back for 2 hrs hoping his team-mates would do the job then get up on the Dias and take the Glory...... Very Disapointing - THAT IS FACT
And in Regards to Jack, am I supposed to be scared? Mate Jack can play footy, I am not disputing that but we'd all agree he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and the way he carried on after the goal was detremental to the TEAM. Let's hope he's leant his lesson, and that is KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!

Yeah I was there, so if the Captain did play why didn't I see him? Probably because he didn't get a sniff............ Can you remember a GF where a Captain has played all game and had less impact? Looked as though he got all Oiled up, sat back for 2 hrs hoping his team-mates would do the job then get up on the Dias and take the Glory...... Very Disapointing - THAT IS FACT
And in Regards to Jack, am I supposed to be scared? Mate Jack can play footy, I am not disputing that but we'd all agree he's not the sharpest tool in the shed and the way he carried on after the goal was detremental to the TEAM. Let's hope he's leant his lesson, and that is KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!

when gleeson got that 2nd set shot from 25 out, it set the stage for the inspirational captains goal, to stick it up strathmore and give his team the lift they needed. As it turned out, had he kicked that obviously they would have won but i suspect they would have ran away with it for an easy win.
Captains shouldn't let opportunities like that slip

Great win by the Mores against a very gutsy and desparately unlucky Oak Park. This grand final certainly never reached the heights of some previous grand finals, apart from a riveting final quarter. It may have been partly due to the windy conditions, but I don't think I have seen so many relatively easy shots on goal missed by both teams.

Mores would have been unlucky to lose as they were without Morrell, lost Funky Campbell to a knee injury in first quarter, and also Zantuck did a calf in first quarter. Zantuck to his credit showed great courage ( as he always does ), and battled on to play a role in the great win. He has been justifiably rewarded with a premiership win and selection in the EDFL team of the year.

Oak Park are a great team and club, and I am sure that they will bounce back from a hearbreaking loss. They have had a great couple of years after only being re-promoted in 2010, and are certainly young enough to be in the mix for a while yet.

Did not show any of these qualities while playing in the Bendigo League a few years ago-I have seen and played both leagues and Golden Square would be better than your top teams and will win the granny next week which is no secret having won all of their games this yeare

Did not show any of these qualities while playing in the Bendigo League a few years ago-I have seen and played both leagues and Golden Square would be better than your top teams and will win the granny next week which is no secret having won all of their games this yeare

Are you for real Essendon League would destroy Bendigo League!

when gleeson got that 2nd set shot from 25 out, it set the stage for the inspirational captains goal, to stick it up strathmore and give his team the lift they needed. As it turned out, had he kicked that obviously they would have won but i suspect they would have ran away with it for an easy win.
Captains shouldn't let opportunities like that slip

it was a much needed captain goal but he blew it twice, but the free was not there for the second shot at goal, so it got what it deserved.

Well done to Strathmore on the win, oak park need to get over it.

Go Marby!

Are you for real Essendon League would destroy Bendigo League!

I wouldn 't be doubting henryd on this one. The bloke knows his footy as he has played it at great level in both comps. Golden Square are an amazing side. They had 5 reps in the VCFL side. That is more than most leagues provided. EDFL is a top flight league but i'd be surprised if Square couldn't win it. Not a Square supporter either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back