EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game and like most was disgusted with a number of wc players. I couldn't understand why wc was trying to bash blokes when they were just on 10 goals up! Not only that they also started to abuse the umpires. They had the Air Port West boys on the ropes and then just blew it. Gotta look at the coach me thinks.

I was at the game and like most was disgusted with a number of wc players. I couldn't understand why wc was trying to bash blokes when they were just on 10 goals up! Not only that they also started to abuse the umpires. They had the Air Port West boys on the ropes and then just blew it. Gotta look at the coach me thinks.

That's two years in a row now that the WC players have turned on the umpires in the grand final when they were down and out.... I still remember the young 16 y.o last year copped spray after spray and he turned around and paid 150m against them... Best thing I had seen done!

Then this year the young bloke (think he is 18 or something) was centre of attention in regard to the abuse from the WC players... He didn't take any of it.

I don't know what people think of umpires in general, but the quality of the younger umpires coming up is certainly of a high standard! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

That's two years in a row now that the WC players have turned on the umpires in the grand final when they were down and out.... I still remember the young 16 y.o last year copped spray after spray and he turned around and paid 150m against them... Best thing I had seen done!

Then this year the young bloke (think he is 18 or something) was centre of attention in regard to the abuse from the WC players... He didn't take any of it.

I don't know what people think of umpires in general, but the quality of the younger umpires coming up is certainly of a high standard! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Could not agree more, the Umpires do a great job.
On WC, they relish on intimidation, it might win you a few games during the year and the odd semi, maybe even a couple of 50/50 free kicks, but when it comes to GF's it means squat. And that's why they disgrace themselves year after year. WC = West coburg or Weak .....??????

On WC, they relish on intimidation, it might win you a few games during the year and the odd semi, maybe even a couple of 50/50 free kicks, but when it comes to GF's it means squat. And that's why they disgrace themselves year after year. WC = West coburg or Weak .....??????

Pipe down parrot! Bangfrom50 identity below:

images

images

Could not agree more about the quality of the umpires, they didn't miss too much in play. Good to see a young umpire take control when he was abused as he was. Pity he couldn't red card a few of the spectators I had the pleasure of listening to.

Word is that a Northern Saints player may be looking to return to his previous club.
Craigieburn is chasing a few of their former players it seems, Nolan staying at Paco, Gordon returning, it'll be interesting to see if anymore come back with the departure of Barnard.

BlueJet, lve also heard that rumor and if its the same player l was told it would be great for the other club. My mail is they will get rid of derek and replace him with a coach who will bring 10-15 players. NS will just be a lesser quality west coburg if you understand what lm saying :(

I heard another rumor about NS that possibly a few big name top level interstate players are on their way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Romsey from the RDFL a making statements that they are looking into joining the EDFL next year after losing the Grand final last week. What would clubs think about a drive to Romsey to play football? and,
What would the EDFL do in relation to their new 3 division comp. Surely if Romsey are serious about a move they could not be put into C grade.

Romsey from the RDFL a making statements that they are looking into joining the EDFL next year after losing the Grand final last week. What would clubs think about a drive to Romsey to play football? and,
What would the EDFL do in relation to their new 3 division comp. Surely if Romsey are serious about a move they could not be put into C grade.
I wouldn't be looking too much into this..

If new teams come into the EDFL they would surely respect that -

..to make it to 'Premier Division' or 'A Grade',
You have to win a Premiership to be in Premier Division, as most teams in Premier div have. But yes if Romsey are serious about a move you would assume that they would be in div1, same goes for Sunbury
And if it happens their will be alot more driving for edfl clubs! wheres Rosmey?

Come on guys i am missing my footy fix. Give me some goss, who is coaching Westy, NS? is Taylor still coaching WC- i saw they advertised. Anyone know who is coaching EK, Hillside. Any big names been recruited or leaving? i heard Mullen from WM has gone to Pacco. How are Crazyburn looking? will Brooks and Baker stay and who will coach them?

Come on guys i am missing my footy fix. Give me some goss, who is coaching Westy, NS? is Taylor still coaching WC- i saw they advertised. Anyone know who is coaching EK, Hillside. Any big names been recruited or leaving? i heard Mullen from WM has gone to Pacco. How are Crazyburn looking? will Brooks and Baker stay and who will coach them?

From all reports looking good, and apparently a decision will be made re: coaching in the next day or two.

East Keilor have appointed ex North Footcray Premiership Coach and 300 game player David Battistella.
Good get for East Keilor who were looking for someone that knows how to be part of the club and who will also look after their juniors coming through. Thats coaches for the love and fulfillment of it and not for money.
Batts will also have the help of Warwick Lucas who is also a multi premiership coach and was also President of North Footscray for over 8 years

are you coaching this year Doona2?

Yeh snax, will stay with Kilmore. We had an indifferent 2012 (my first there) and the young blokes were fantastic in their efforts and attitude over the final 7-8 weeks given the circumstances they found themselves in, be easy to walk away but simply couldn't do it them.

Yeh snax, will stay with Kilmore. We had an indifferent 2012 (my first there) and the young blokes were fantastic in their efforts and attitude over the final 7-8 weeks given the circumstances they found themselves in, be easy to walk away but simply couldn't do it them.
Good stuff mate, you are a solid bloke and an asset to local footy :footy: We need more people like you in our local leagues... Good luck next year mate :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back