EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Kade managed a handful of games for Hoppers Crossing in 2013 before succumbing to an ongoing Achilles issue, Which has since been rectified. one of the best local footballers of the last ten years. Even at 32-33 will be a handful.

Ramsey played second half of the year at Westmeadows with a torn miniscus. Went under the knife at seasons end. Although he may have dropped some pace in his later years. There's no doubting he knows how to find and distribute the footy in close. Great stoppage player. An A grade comp medalist. Still plenty to offer provided his body holds up.

I agree it's a young mans game, the speed of ball Movement has increased dramatically. However experience and smarts is something that only comes with time. There's no use running a 9 minute 3km if you can't find the red leather thing.

Your last point is certainly true and Aaron still has something to offer a Division 1 club - you'd have to say Kade is a risk given his injury concerns however if he gets up would be a great addition structurally. Luke Wilson is the other part of this trio and all three most likely would join Douttas if they opt for the EDFL.

I wouldn't write any one of those three players off just yet but as I said Division 1 or 2 would be their go - the only concern for Douttas may be these guys along with Joe Laverde and Jimmy Hollow played key roles in the club's last Grand Final appearance - 8 years ago.

Your last point is certainly true and Aaron still has something to offer a Division 1 club - you'd have to say Kade is a risk given his injury concerns however if he gets up would be a great addition structurally. Luke Wilson is the other part of this trio and all three most likely would join Douttas if they opt for the EDFL.

I wouldn't write any one of those three players off just yet but as I said Division 1 or 2 would be their go - the only concern for Douttas may be these guys along with Joe Laverde and Jimmy Hollow played key roles in the club's last Grand Final appearance - 8 years ago.

Luke Wilson has signed at Westmeadows for next season

Cam Trewin, Kade Carey, Adam Winter and Luke Wilson along with Rodan Aldridge that is a very top heavy forward line..

Depends who they've lost? If it's the FF from the Geelong league, the 4 blokes they signed as a package from Sunbury or wherever and/or Kardefeldt, Morris, Rounds etc then they are big losses. But if it's their fringe players and they keep most of the aforementioned players then they'd be favourites for sure as they were the best side to get relegated in a fair while.

Have lost all of the above and a couple more. It will be a very different looking side come round 1 next year. Even with those losses I'd suggest on the borderline of top 4 as got depth thru Rezzies & u/18s and Ins of Carey, Ramsay and a few more. Cannot see them beating Craigieburn or Westy based on who they have recruited.

Jimmy hollow set to return to either EDS or westy next season
Jimmy playing at Westy will certainly put them as flag favs despite my early call of the Eagles being favourites come on Eagles get that cheque book out!! Certainly looms as a must watch game when they meet for the first time in 2015

Cam Trewin, Kade Carey, Adam Winter and Luke Wilson along with Rodan Aldridge that is a very top heavy forward line..
So which of these blokes are actually playing at westy next year confirmed? Hollow also? Obviously couldnt all play in the forward line. Where is all of westys money coming from Gotta be spending a bit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which of these blokes are actually playing at westy next year confirmed? Hollow also? Obviously couldnt all play in the forward line. Where is all of westys money coming from Gotta be spending a bit
Trewin and Wilson are confirmed, the rest are just rumours.

Hes not new hes a craigieburn junior/senior returned from Apw
Relax heyyeah, u clearly seem not inpressed eagles have recruited some good players not to sure why its exactly what the club needed, corouzou played last 4 years at apw winning a senior best and fairest and premiership. Another top get for eagles

EK's new jumper.

Quite sharp I thought.

1477928_806895769373691_8688979611006927160_n.jpg

New EK Jumper looks good. A great improvement on current jumper. Would have been better with yellow back. Jumper should be light colour or dark colour so not to clash with other teams. This has both. Yellow back with navy number would make this a better look but would clash with Strathmore...................no I don't mean seniors, I mean juniors when EK start to change junior jumpers. On another note, absolutely no talk of recruits from Cougars!!! Coming up from Div 2, I say that they will be battling to stay up unless they recruit some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back