EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate I reckon you're down at Glenroy more often than not. You seem to know a little more about the joint than you want us to think.

Hillside would be taking the bye at the perfect time, it seems that without Rocky they're struggling.
Yeh the living in country NSW story is quite funny. Some massive games this week been a great start to the year so far. Such an even comp if your slightly off i truely think anyone can beat you. Great competition

Yeh the living in country NSW story is quite funny. Some massive games this week been a great start to the year so far. Such an even comp if your slightly off i truely think anyone can beat you. Great competition
Your right Bissa3, anyone can win on given day its that even. Why is it it funny that i live in NSW? curious? Dont you like NSW people?

Great to see Glenroy stay competitive throughout the whole Kite ordeal. I may head down to watch the annual Anzac day game, maybe the Tigers aren't as good as some say?

Great to see Glenroy stay competitive throughout the whole Kite ordeal. I may head down to watch the annual Anzac day game, maybe the Tigers aren't as good as some say?
Ohh i think the Tigers are the real deal Cookie. Just take a few weeks to get going IMO

With so many new recruits to all clubs i expect the whole comp to improve, early wins are pivotal to playing in sept

Hey Willow,
It had to improve to keep up with the standard of premier. Div1 teams that have intentions of going up to premier must recruit smartly, to then be able to then compete and survive at premier. It's so important to build a platform and have a long term plan/goal.
From all reports West Coburg have recruited some youth and playing out of Coburg is a step in the right direction. There current base at Shore Reserve was just not fit for premier footy IMO as these younger guys need space to run the footy..

Last year I recall some of the names on Tulla's list and although they are/were good players and they got to the GF I'm not sure they would have stayed if they won and went up to premier as most were around 30 years old. So Tulla would have had to recruit another 10 or so players for premier.. Not sure if that's the right method in today's footy. But that's only my opinion.

Airport West had a good plan when they won the div1 GF and went up. Then they did well in premier for a number of years. That was a good model to use..

A couple of huge games this week that might shape the top 4, Craigieburn v Doutta is hugeafter both clubs being heavily invested with big name recruits and Glenroy v Westy, Westy cant afford to drop another game if they expect to be contenders and Glenroy should be hungry after losing 2 games by under a Kick.

What a great weekend of footy we should have.

Should be massive right across the league. Looking for forward to the big one at DS.

My tips:

Eagles by 10
Lakes by 18
Oak Park by 46
Westmeadows by 16
EDS by 22
LAKES by 13
OAK by 49
ROYS by 16

What a great weekend of footy we should have.

Should be massive right across the league. Looking for forward to the big one at DS.

My tips:

Eagles by 10
Lakes by 18
Oak Park by 46
Westmeadows by 16
Match of the round eagles vs eds, no the eagles with some key injuries which will really hurt up to 5-6 unavailable this week on that ill go eds by 20.
Westy vs glenroy should be a belter bit of pressure on westy ill tip roys in a close one by 8.
Taylors lakes comfortably by 36 over a gallant tullamarine.
Oak park to continue there winning streak with a 60+ hiding of east keilor, oakers the story of the year thus far

Craigieburn V Essendon Doutta Stars
Match of the round! Two sides who have recruited many names to lift them up the table. craigieburn have made it hard for themselves in the first two rounds but still shown the quality to sit 2-0. Eds coming off the bye and a belting of East Keilor still no clearance for kite and Ronaldson. Carey expected to play so would be great to see how he moves. How will each teams defence hold up against big forwards. Eds by 27

Taylor's Lakes V Tullamarine.
Really tough game to pick this, I believe we have all under estimated Tullamarine they were ultra competitive against craigieburn. I think with tulla they just have l stop teams getting multiple goals against them, if they stop that I think they can win. But for me Taylor's Lakes by 15

Oak Park V East Keilor.
Oak park will win this and should win comfortable. Plenty of players in really good form and should continue that showing against a pretty skillfully weak side but East Keilor is a very proud group. Oak park 65 points

Glenroy V Westmeadows.
Annual Anzac Day clash. These clubs have started the season with plenty of positives and not so many negatives. Can Glenroy turn two losses by less than a kick into a win, yes I think they can at home in front of there home crowd will create headaches for there opponents. Although I think Westmeadows have too much quality and will win a tight game by 9 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true that Glenroy cleared kite and ronaldson to eds? It happens earlier in the week for 40 barrels

If true, a good financial outcome for Glenroy. I understand the going rate for a barrel cost price is $250 so that equals..... $10k. Then if you add what the bar makes on each barrel the deal looks even better.

If true, a good financial outcome for Glenroy. I understand the going rate for a barrel cost price is $250 so that equals..... $10k. Then if you add what the bar makes on each barrel the deal looks even better.
Aussie will no

Can't see the eagles getting the chocolates with so many out against a strong eds outfit
Taylor's to continue a good start to the year and look good
Oak park look the surprise packet and will have a comfortable win based on form
Westy Glenroy is the match of the round for me, I'm tipping Glenroy in wet conditions as they play a tough brand of footy and will be eager to celebrate with their new kegs

Match of the round eagles vs eds, no the eagles with some key injuries which will really hurt up to 5-6 unavailable this week on that ill go eds by 20.
Westy vs glenroy should be a belter bit of pressure on westy ill tip roys in a close one by 8.
Taylors lakes comfortably by 36 over a gallant tullamarine.
Oak park to continue there winning streak with a 60+ hiding of east keilor, oakers the story of the year thus far
Eagles by 14
West meadows by 22
Tula by 15
Oak park by 40

Not sure if this is true regarding the barrels.. The guys can play but that's a lot for their release. Maybe 4-5k might be a fair outcome..
If true, it's possible as with there connections in the industry , Doutta's would get the barrells at cost price as well, so maybe not as much as you think.
Would still be costly but they obviously believe it's worth it , two young key forwards who can play premier as well , good investment for the future??

If true, it's possible as with there connections in the industry , Doutta's would get the barrells at cost price as well, so maybe not as much as you think.
Would still be costly but they obviously believe it's worth it , two young key forwards who can play premier as well , good investment for the future??

Yeah agree mate, but if the price for release is around 10k for both its to much. Yes good young players that "could" play premier but do there resumes add up to a 10k release. I do know Kite played SAFL and was AFL listed and can play ( as per my previous posts supporting his talent) but other than those few years hasn't played the highest metro standard..
That's all.

Very subjective I suppose!!

Mate I think EDS can maybe win it without these 2 players if Kade Carey gets on the park, and get them 2 players next year maybe.

You only win on the cost of the kegs - about $8K worth but depends on where you buy.

What did that thing used to say who once posted on here "shop at Dan Murphy's or the Laurel" or something along those lines.

Will their clearances be in before tomorrow as they're yet to be lodged with the league?

Fab Mastropasqua also a handy pick up for Douttas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back