EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, what a game. Absolutely stoked by the boys fighting spirit which won through in the end. Douttas look really, really good and I've got no doubt they'll be there when the whips start cracking.

Good result for EK despite the loss and a good win for Tulla. Glenroy bottom after today's loss to Westy.

This comp is so even this year, we're getting some really good, competitive games in. Hopefully more of the same, despite who ends up in finals (could be anyone at this stage) which club would be in the best position/able to compete in premier next year?

Wow, what a game. Absolutely stoked by the boys fighting spirit which won through in the end. Douttas look really, really good and I've got no doubt they'll be there when the whips start cracking.

Good result for EK despite the loss and a good win for Tulla. Glenroy bottom after today's loss to Westy.

A game of 2 halves with Clokes the difference in the end. Craigieburn backline stood tall in 3/4 and the win could assist in double chance come finals time.
Both sides can only get better with inclusions from injury and clearances. Eds could have 4 talls to come in this week if things pan out as they hope.

A game of 2 halves with Clokes the difference in the end. Craigieburn backline stood tall in 3/4 and the win could assist in double chance come finals time.
Both sides can only get better with inclusions from injury and clearances. Eds could have 4 talls to come in this week if things pan out as they hope.
Plenty of Glenroy blokes at Keilor today and from what they were saying I wouldn't count on Kite & Ronaldson being cleared any time soon.Doutas threat of legal action has them really pissed off.

Plenty of Glenroy blokes at Keilor today and from what they were saying I wouldn't count on Kite & Ronaldson being cleared any time soon.Doutas threat of legal action has has them really pissed off.

Yep I was hearing the same thing that they are annoyed about Douttas more than the actual players. I agree with them as why should they be bullied into releasing them as they are under contract..

What was it 300 clearances lodged and 298 through lol easy for me to say as I'm from EDS however let them play, we had quite a few departures from last year and a few years back lost a few to one club and yeah it wasn't great but was probably due to us not providing the best environment for the players in terms of success that they wanted but we all move on, its only footy. Whats the issue they don't like us? Too many of there own want to leave and go to the one club? I really don't get it anyway what will happen will happen.

From what i hear they are decent guys and i tell you what if players leave for a change, more coin, higher chance of success its all good, if they are decent people why burn your bridges with them as one day they may come back, don't get me wrong we have had plates leave who have never come back but quite a few have and its great, we have had guys come back for last year/years of career as they have said they want to finish off with us and quite often we see them years after supporting and enjoying the club.

Rant over :)

The Drebster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A game of 2 halves with Clokes the difference in the end.

Yea, it really was. Was talking to a mate from Douttas at the break and said how good they'd looked in that first half.

Craigieburn backline stood tall in 3/4 and the win could assist in double chance come finals time.

I thought Finch (B) was excellent and our 2 U18 players did really well against quality opponents. Cox, Terzievski, Bennett all stood up too.

Yep, lots of improvement in both sides I reckon. :thumbsu:

I've been sitting on this since Saturday.

I was down at Sewell Reserve on Anzac Day checking out the two sides, and overheard a pretty interesting conversation following the clearances of Kite and Ronaldson.

As far as I heard, the EDS president skipped a meeting with one of the Glenroy reps to lodge the appeal documents with the EDFL. Apparently the deal was done. Not sure what game EDS are playing at.

Like I've said, have played against these two previously and they are ripping blokes. The competition is worse off for them not playing. Glenroy must be shattered they couldn't keep them, they can't seem it kick a winning score.

If the issue is with EDS, i wonder if Glenroy would clear them to another club and if any would be interested.. They probably wouldnt be able to match the sign on fee though.

I've been sitting on this since Saturday.

I was down at Sewell Reserve on Anzac Day checking out the two sides, and overheard a pretty interesting conversation following the clearances of Kite and Ronaldson.

As far as I heard, the EDS president skipped a meeting with one of the Glenroy reps to lodge the appeal documents with the EDFL. Apparently the deal was done. Not sure what game EDS are playing at.

Like I've said, have played against these two previously and they are ripping blokes. The competition is worse off for them not playing. Glenroy must be shattered they couldn't keep them, they can't seem it kick a winning score.

I was unable to attend the game. What was the Glenroy V Westmeadows game like ?

Westmeadows have some good goalkicking midfielders, which proved the difference. Their older forwards did very little, Aldridge spent half the match on the pine.

I guess the conditions didn't suit marking forwards. Although I saw Church kicked 3. Was told their ruckman Allouch was a late withdrawal and Trewin spent a fair chunk in the ruck which may have been a good thing considering how wet it was

I am loving this Div 1 thread lads it's all about footy. Seems as though all of the 2015 Div 1 clubs have really got their houses in order. Full compliments to the voluntary club administrators in this division. What a great win by the Cburn lads to get up from being 51 points down in the wet.... brilliant. I bet OP didn't think they would be in a scrap like they found themselves against EK. EK have been super impressive to date and will challenge plenty more as the year progresses. Weren't Tulla touted as Div 2 certainties in Feb? Ahh not now what a great win to go up to Lion Heart and beat the Lakes boys great effort.. Glenroy are stiff not to have got a win on the board but a win isn't to far away from their early form. We are in for a cracker of a year if the first 3-4 rounds is anything to go by..
Round 4 Tulla v Glenroy looks to be match of the round for me will be interested to see how EDS bounce back I think the lakes boys might be in for a tough day but Lakes are proud and will be hard at it... CBurn will continue on their merry way and account for Hillside comfortably... And don't be surprised if the EK boys serve it right up to Westy at Willowbrook though Westy in a tight one. Hope the rain stops so these teams can really put there skills to use.... Rain is good for the farmers!!!

Just let the boys play, load of s**t Glenroy arnt clearing them, from what I saw on the weekend with these two inclusions plus Carey the stars should win the flag comfotabley. And I don't support the stars, it would just be better for the league to see these boys playing instead of standing on the boundary line watching!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back