EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the mail I had, more to do with the travel I've heard
It's not the travel as I've heard C cloke has had a meeting with a country team that is willing to pay double what he's currently getting ,
Now that's got to be very enticing
#tomuchmoneyinlocalfooty

It's not the travel as I've heard C cloke has had a meeting with a country team that is willing to pay double what he's currently getting ,
Now that's got to be very enticing
#tomuchmoneyinlocalfooty
Very close connections at Castlemaine according to Clarry on the corner

I'm hearing it's a 1 year deal as they are there only to get the club to premier. The Clokes don't want to play premier or any top division just want to enjoy their footy together. That's my mail hence why they didn't play together in a top division.

I'm hearing they're so happy they will play one more year in premier once they win it. This time for a $90K package..

I'm hearing they're so happy they will play one more year in premier once they win it. This time for a $90K package..

So they are requesting approx 15% increase. It's a lot of money but they would be difficult to replace. I know they knocked back some big offers from clubs, to go play div1 (which is below premier for those outside EDFL).
They don't want the pressure and commitment of playing higher and just want to enjoy their last few years of footy..

It's only for 2015. The club have made an offer for next year with a significant pay rise, which has been knocked back by both.

They flat out don't like the joint.
I can tell you this is a straight out blatant lie obviously looking to stir the pot chairman! Both of these comments could not be further from the truth i assure you.

I can tell you this is a straight out blatant lie obviously looking to stir the pot chairman! Both of these comments could not be further from the truth i assure you.[/QUOTE

Bissa, to be honest I'm reckon if Craigieburn happen to win it and go to premier they would have to increase the offer to play a higher level. I'm sure some discussion "might" have taken place about next year as per most clubs. But agree if they didn't like the place I think they would have said something. They both stayed at there previous clubs for a number of years so they are pretty loyal and play out the length of there contracts.
"Hopefully no one stole there wheels off there car at Crazyburn" haha kidding!!

So they are requesting approx 15% increase. It's a lot of money but they would be difficult to replace. I know they knocked back some big offers from clubs, to go play div1 (which is below premier for those outside EDFL).
They don't want the pressure and commitment of playing higher and just want to enjoy their last few years of footy..
If I was a club administrator i would expect some level of commitment and professionalism for a lazy 90K.... Are u kidding me Turbo you must need more sleep after coming off night shift surely clubs wont reward players with massive salaries and say no your okay mate just train 1 night a week and play on a Saturday.... Talk about ruining the fabric of any club who does that.... Poor local home grown talent I say

If I was a club administrator i would expect some level of commitment and professionalism for a lazy 90K.... Are u kidding me Turbo you must need more sleep after coming off night shift surely clubs wont reward players with massive salaries and say no your okay mate just train 1 night a week and play on a Saturday.... Talk about ruining the fabric of any club who does that.... Poor local home grown talent I say

Gday Outback, I didn't post this package amount mate, and just stated they would be surely on less this season ( approx 15%) but if they were to play premier next year "if they win it" I'm guessing they would want more $$ due to the extra commitment to play a higher level. As per my recent post, they appear decent guys who both played at there previous clubs for a number of years and played well.

Big blokes demand big coin..

Just wondering why Whitnal seems to escape any scrutiny on this site. Surely the highest profile coach and probably on the most $$$ yet his team/club have gone backwards. In the mix for relegation after playing in the GF only a couple of years ago. Whats going on at the Roys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is amazing how many people here know more about Craigieburn than people involved there do ,regarding pay,length of contract what the Clokes bring to the club,they are two of the most professional players I have seen at a club in a long time. Instead of dribbling s**t how about something with one ounce of truth gets talked about on here not the crap your mate told you or you heard on the grapevine.

It is amazing how many people here know more about Craigieburn than people involved there do ,regarding pay,length of contract what the Clokes bring to the club,they are two of the most professional players I have seen at a club in a long time. Instead of dribbling s**t how about something with one ounce of truth gets talked about on here not the crap your mate told you or you heard on the grapevine.

G'day Oldman, my mail is from someone close the club and can say it's not a secret what they're on now. They are great blokes and loyal and so far been worth every cent and like someone said earlier you get what you pay for.. Pay them the $90,000 now and lock them away for premier so they can build more recruits around them. Think ahead you know.

It's always the way unfortunately.
it does get pretty cringe worthy at times.

Old man, it is a footy forum and been a bit boring of late, so someone has started a conversation and it's rolled on & on. Nothing untoward said and I guess what else do people on div1 talk about, as it seems to be Craigieburn by how far this year. If it's true that Zeph Skinner has landed at Douttas this might change things, as long as he stays for the season. He doesn't like the cold weather, but he certainly can play. Capable of winning a game of his own boot..

Just wondering why Whitnal seems to escape any scrutiny on this site. Surely the highest profile coach and probably on the most $$$ yet his team/club have gone backwards. In the mix for relegation after playing in the GF only a couple of years ago. Whats going on at the Roys?
Footyjunky, where did that come from? your not a big fan of Whitnall i take it? I can tell you whats going on at the Roys! MONEY, the lack of it to keep up with the wealthier clubs.

Footyjunky, where did that come from? your not a big fan of Whitnall i take it? I can tell you whats going on at the Roys! MONEY, the lack of it to keep up with the wealthier clubs.
What a cop out. Granted it might be hard to keep up with Crazy and Douttas but the other 7 in div 1 would all be on par. Y have so many players left including the reserves going from a GF to 3rd bottom. I don't even know whitnal but surely he has to take some blame. From Gf to equal bottom in 18 months????

Old man, it is a footy forum and been a bit boring of late, so someone has started a conversation and it's rolled on & on. Nothing untoward said and I guess what else do people on div1 talk about, as it seems to be Craigieburn by how far this year. If it's true that Zeph Skinner has landed at Douttas this might change things, as long as he stays for the season. He doesn't like the cold weather, but he certainly can play. Capable of winning a game of his own boot..
Ask the Doutta Players they reckon they will win the flag and Craigieburn only beat them because of the weather and the umpires .Which is bloody arrogant history is littered with sides who thought they would win the flag like its there god given right and fell at the last hurdle.At Craigieburn it is one week at a time and getting to the finals intact is the first job.That is fact

I'm not involved at crazy I don't no what there on but I do no they hate the travel I do no they have to train like everyone else as if they miss 3 seasons they drop 25% match payment like everyone else and I do no they are on a 1 year deal all the other recruits signed 2 years bar them that's not saying they won't be there next year.

What a cop out. Granted it might be hard to keep up with Crazy and Douttas but the other 7 in div 1 would all be on par. Y have so many players left including the reserves going from a GF to 3rd bottom. I don't even know whitnal but surely he has to take some blame. From Gf to equal bottom in 18 months????
You might want to do a little research. From last season, 3 have gone to EDS, 2 are travelling overseas, 1 retired. 3 out for season due to injuries. As for the Reserves, most have retired, a couple have gone to 3rd division for a little money. Yes they are sitting 2nd bottom, but a few of there losses were by 1point, 4 points, 2 points, 17 points. Hope that answers some of your questions. Cheers

Lets see if he coaches them next year in div 3

Exactly.. Common sense as always Turbo..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back