EDFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any inside word as to how East Sunbury are shaping up for next season?

I'd like to know where they are going to attract players from with Sunbury Lions, Sunbury Kangaroos, Rupertswood, Riddell and Diggers Rest football clubs all within a bulls roar, and all very well established clubs. Can anybody shed any light on that !

I'd like to know where they are going to attract players from with Sunbury Lions, Sunbury Kangaroos, Rupertswood, Riddell and Diggers Rest football clubs all within a bulls roar, and all very well established clubs. Can anybody shed any light on that !

Based on comments I have read from the Club President highly likley they'll be relying on their U18 contingent to stay on and comprise most of the initial line- up. Will no doubt attract a few locals who may have previously avoided playing for established clubs, but you are right regarding where they can draw some genuine talent from. Will still be a step above Jacana I think.

It sounds like their is alot of talent in Sunbury region already with the five other clubs in close proximity of each other all prospering. Players will now have the option of playing in a different league, i think ES will be alright but it won't be easy for them

I believe that East Sunbury has maintained contact with past junior players, after having no choice than to move to other senior clubs, I am also led to believe that a number of those players gave their word that when a senior team would take the feild they would return to the club.

Congratulations Div2 Premiers East Keilor on winning the Grand Final, listened to it on the radio and sounded like a belter

East Keilor 11.10.76 def Moonee Valley 10.8.68

Well done to all the boys down at East Keilor on the win, will be partying hard tonight me thinka ;) Michael Turner from EK BOG
And well done to Moonee Valley, good future ahead, definately could have gone either way in the last quarter.
Does anyone have a bit of a Match Report?

Congrats to Hillside FC Premiers Div2 Reserves beating East Keilor by 1 point :thumbsu:
also Congrats to East Keilor Div2 U18.5 Premiers 2012 :thumbsu:

Whelan reckons he's got a dozen plus players that will sign on already. If that's right and they can find a few more on top of that, along with their under 18s who are pushing up to seniors, they should be right.

any news on players/coaches for next season?
are clubs going to attract any players of note? are any new coaches going to be in the fold?

kenny as far as l know the only coaches who have committed for next year is roxburgh park, keilor park and sunbury. Interesting that the top 3 sides are still looking for coaches. You would think that they are good destinations for any first year coach looking for a gig with not too much pressure
As far as players, lets just say that the c grade ladder will look a bit different next year with kp and rp doing some good stuff behind the scenes.
Any news on hillside?

kenny as far as l know the only coaches who have committed for next year is roxburgh park, keilor park and sunbury. Interesting that the top 3 sides are still looking for coaches. You would think that they are good destinations for any first year coach looking for a gig with not too much pressure
As far as players, lets just say that the c grade ladder will look a bit different next year with kp and rp doing some good stuff behind the scenes.
Any news on hillside?
I wont give away who is going to coach Hillside next year, you will have to wait another 8 days or so.....What i will say is that it should turn the comp on its head with Hillside going from mid range div 3 prospects to undefeated flag favourites... big big call i know, but the guy has a proven track record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wont give away who is going to coach Hillside next year, you will have to wait another 8 days or so.....What i will say is that it should turn the comp on its head with Hillside going from mid range div 3 prospects to undefeated flag favourites... big big call i know, but the guy has a proven track record.

how can they go from mid range when they finished on top of the ladder??

What Comp does he have a proven record in?? Hillside would be Top 3 side regardless of who coaches next year wouldnt you say?

Anthony Aloi?? Maybe they should have a look at there player payments as well, they're paying way overs for a few.

Anthony Aloi?? Maybe they should have a look at there player payments as well, they're paying way overs for a few.
one bloke particular is the favourite right now and its not him. has been around, is currently over seas, ill let you all work it out.
in regards to player payments, while i wouldnt have a clue what blokes are on i would imagine that as with any other club some are being payed massive overs. i cant understand how some blokes claim to have reputations as good players, and people watch them and confirm what the player says yet they couldnt get a kick in a horse stable.
anyway, there wont be too much info from me regarding hillside these days, as i am moving to greener and hotter pastures up north.
im Kenny Powers

one bloke particular is the favourite right now and its not him. has been around, is currently over seas, ill let you all work it out.
in regards to player payments, while i wouldnt have a clue what blokes are on i would imagine that as with any other club some are being payed massive overs. i cant understand how some blokes claim to have reputations as good players, and people watch them and confirm what the player says yet they couldnt get a kick in a horse stable.
anyway, there wont be too much info from me regarding hillside these days, as i am moving to greener and hotter pastures up north.
im Kenny Powers

Wouldn't be Jimmy Condos would it? Definitely needs some work in the surgeons chair if he was to play again. If he was fit he would kick 150 with a half decent midfield in EDFL C Grade. Hillside have a reputation for paying huge money to some blokes who delivered very little (Davis amongst others). I don't think a fit Condos would fit that bill as he would dominate if he can play again.

Wouldn't be Jimmy Condos would it? Definitely needs some work in the surgeons chair if he was to play again. If he was fit he would kick 150 with a half decent midfield in EDFL C Grade. Hillside have a reputation for paying huge money to some blokes who delivered very little (Davis amongst others). I don't think a fit Condos would fit that bill as he would dominate if he can play again.

AGREE if it is true at all..I have heard his name being thrown around at numerous clubs lately and all of then are apparantely favourites to obtain his services. Find this a little funny when the bloke is not even in the country atm. Have it on good authority though that he will be staying in the WRFL but not at his current club. Also very doubtful he would be able to string enough games together next year to have an on field influence anyway, other wise im sure he wouldnt be going anywhere but were he his atm...just food for thought

AGREE if it is true at all..I have heard his name being thrown around at numerous clubs lately and all of then are apparantely favourites to obtain his services. Find this a little funny when the bloke is not even in the country atm. Have it on good authority though that he will be staying in the WRFL but not at his current club. Also very doubtful he would be able to string enough games together next year to have an on field influence anyway, other wise im sure he wouldnt be going anywhere but were he his atm...just food for thought

Jimmy Condos for sure and certain !

im Kenny Powers
;) Don't feckn go Kenny, stay with us, at least on bigfooty- your input is valued highly
and your Kenny fecking Powers, don't feckn forget it, u are the no.1 superstar

images
season-2-poster.jpg
images

All the best Kenny :thumbsu: don't forget to wear sunscreen dude :)

images

Just saw this posted in the EDFL Divvy 1 Thread, thought i would Re Post it here seeings its more relevant for this thread...

East Keilor have appointed ex North Footcray Premiership Coach and 300 game player David Battistella.
Good get for East Keilor who were looking for someone that knows how to be part of the club and who will also look after their juniors coming through. Thats coaches for the love and fulfillment of it and not for money.
Batts will also have the help of Warwick Lucas who is also a multi premiership coach and was also President of North Footscray for over 8 years.

Great Pick up for East Keilor IMO these 2 guys were just part of a Premiership a few years ago as Coach/President, now working as Co Coaches. Interesting to see the players coming in now for the cougars! Watch this space...

Sorry it was only posted it on the Divvy 1 thread because the question was asked there ;)

Batts and Wokka have already got things moving. They have contacted existing players and have a few new ones already up their sleeve.

So yes watch this space :footy:

Big Moves about to take place.

The Massive signing D. Hicks where will he go?

Big Money Move!!!!

Watch this space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back