EDFL Division 2 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a really condescending statement, and it was more the standing in the goal square. I actually dont play in div 2 edfl, i do have some mates but i think the EDFL div 2 standards especially the better sides would be more than competitive against sides in leagues of similar level, clubs in the VAFA in premier C and down would more than likely struggle in this level.

Im intrigued if you have ever played football?
Ive also heard a pascoe vale boy has headed down to coburg districts this year

Played a bit of footy mate but am finished up now. However my knowledge of the game is pretty good and had a few offers to get back involved in footy full time mate.

Yes Coburg Districts have recruited a former Pacco player who only left due to wanting less commitment and maybe had to fight for a spot in Paccos best 22-26 players. Left on good terms and probably will come back one day as only mid 20's. Big key position player who should go very well in div2. Will be a difficult match up for other sides.

Any news floating around Div 2 with training due to get underway for everybody?

Practice games, recruits etc.

If EK keep most of their list they'll be hard to beat. Have Roxy, Jacana and the Valley improved their lists?

Any news floating around Div 2 with training due to get underway for everybody?

Practice games, recruits etc.

If EK keep most of their list they'll be hard to beat. Have Roxy, Jacana and the Valley improved their lists?
EK r playing Windside in a praccie at EK not sure of the date Zappas

Sam O'Brien (If still playing at Mooney Valley)
Tom Lucin (CD)
Kamen Ogilvie (ES)
Chris Johnson (Jacana)

Also, is Matt Mickelson playing in 2016 after a year off? Will fill the void lost with Matt Walker departing...

Sam O'Brien (If still playing at Mooney Valley)
Tom Lucin (CD)
Kamen Ogilvie (ES)
Chris Johnson (Jacana)

Also, is Matt Mickelson playing in 2016 after a year off? Will fill the void lost with Matt Walker departing...

I also think Sam OBrien is a good player who should give premier league a crack while his still pretty young. His done the right thing by Moonee Valley over the last few years but think he should challenge himself at the higher grade. Think he might be the only one in div2 capable of playing premier, however I don't know enough about every player to give a fair assessment though.

Tom Lucin (CD)
Kamen Ogilvie (ES)

Would have been my two picks along with ash Fleming from ES enormous ruckman who sets up there midfield with great tapwwork then goes forward and can clunk marks.... Very hard match up

And the way ton lucin runs through centre bounces and stoppages really Impressive.... If his opponent isn't defensive side of him.... He's gone

I also think Sam OBrien is a good player who should give premier league a crack while his still pretty young. His done the right thing by Moonee Valley over the last few years but think he should challenge himself at the higher grade. Think he might be the only one in div2 capable of playing premier, however I don't know enough about every player to give a fair assessment though.

I wouldn't say he is the only player, but I do believe he'd transition well into Premier.

Would have been my two picks along with ash Fleming from ES enormous ruckman who sets up there midfield with great tapwwork then goes forward and can clunk marks.... Very hard match up

And the way ton lucin runs through centre bounces and stoppages really Impressive.... If his opponent isn't defensive side of him.... He's gone

I agree with both of your points above. From the games I've seen, Ash is one of the best tap ruck man in this division. As for Tom, very good offensive runner/goal kicking midfielder. Wouldn't be too many that have played VFL football in this division?

talk around town
is J brown is playing for jags this year joining c johnson ??????
hows the other teams going ?
Burnside ?
roxy ?
jagz ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for Tom, very good offensive runner/goal kicking midfielder. Wouldn't be too many that have played VFL football in this division?

When we played districts he was allowed way too much path through to get the footy and he was clear

Could see it a mile away allowing him to attack the footy and no sweeper.... He picks the gaps very nicely

top 10 Players in div 2?
ill start the list with
Matt Mickelson Rp

Shane Barry playing at Keilor Park this season. Surely would be rated in the top 10 players for this season on reputation alone. Great pick up for KP and a top bloke as well as a leader. Believe his worth 1 point as did play juniors at KP maybe years ago.
Coach Barclay going along nicely from all reports..

Districts recruits as per their webpage.

Peter Cau
Tom Mendico
Sam Saad
Luc Oliveri
Ferris Mehri
Mick Khoury
Luke Vesnaver
Tom Fenner
Daniel Pearson
Oscar Baring
Nick Hales
James Reed
Jack Aitken
Jarrod Bye

Peter Cau
Tom Mendico
Sam Saad
Luc Oliveri
Ferris Mehri
Mick Khoury
Luke Vesnaver
Tom Fenner
Daniel Pearson
Oscar Baring
Nick Hales
James Reed
Jack Aitken
Jarrod Bye
Gregy O'Shea back to CDFC as well

Peter Cau
Tom Mendico
Sam Saad
Luc Oliveri
Ferris Mehri
Mick Khoury
Luke Vesnaver
Tom Fenner
Daniel Pearson
Oscar Baring
Nick Hales
James Reed
Jack Aitken
Jarrod Bye

Have they also got Sarkis & Fab ex Hillside?? If so looks like they are spending a bit as hear they are also chasing 2 West Coburg players. Good luck to them. I guess they have been around the mark and ready to have a crack.

With the opening clearances, has anything notable gone through?

Things to note thus far:

Coburg Districts look to be really having a crack at it this year...
- Few VAFA footballers coming across from the VAFA to play at CD
- Thomas Mendico comes to CD with a bit of Premier Div experience
- Feras Merhi going to be a handy pickup. Another big ruck man
- Greg O'Shea is huge! Dominant forward that will push for leading goal kicker in this division. Good to see him back
- Osama Saad is another handy forward. Can be a little demanding (yelling at teammates) at times from what I've seen. Hopefully he can gel in the CD fwd structure.

East Sunbury look to have added a few players to continue on with their talented youth
- Dylan Tarczon is a massive signing for East. A year of senior football for Sunbury followed by a year with the cannons. Big body mid.
- Tom Galea will be a handy forward in this division. Leading goal kicker in the RDFL 2s

Keilor Park and Moonee Valley look to have lost a few of their senior players. I look forward to seeing all of the clearances going through for them.

I guess we wait to see every enter their clearances in the next few days.

Have they also got Sarkis & Fab ex Hillside?? If so looks like they are spending a bit as hear they are also chasing 2 West Coburg players. Good luck to them. I guess they have been around the mark and ready to have a crack.
Have they won the Powerball jackpot Turbo? Some very handy ins especially if Sarkis & Fab are playing there. Even without those 2 they will be very hard to top.

I'm only looking as an outsider Outback, but yes players not going there for nothing. It seems like all or nothing!! How will they go with the points?

Tarczon will kill it in div2. I've seen him play only a few games but would be close to the best recruit in this division for a while. Strongly built kid who will be hard to stop if they have enough around him. If true I'm really struggling to understand why he would play div2 as his clearly capable of playing higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back