EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadfield keilor park game today keilor park were great for three quarters but in the last quarter the margin blew out a little with the final score not being a true reflection of the game

Played in good spirits apart from one disgusting act of a Hadfield player spitting in an opponents face
Yes was played in good spirits as you say except for the grub from Hadfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes was played in good spirits as you say except for the grub from Hadfield

Think your post from yesterday (similar to this one) will get deleted as you put a players name down. Just use the #number only. There are Haddy people on this big footy so interested in the response from them.

PS: I wasn't there so can't comment on supposed incident other than spitting is classed as a very low act. If true I hope he got his right whack, but then this is classed as encouraging voilence yeah!!

Why are these things occurring in our game??

You would hope if someone seen it its reported to the league and he gets a suspension over 16 weeks which is deregistered, or at the minimum Haddy kick him out if they want to improve club culture and move forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would hope if someone seen it its reported to the league and he gets a suspension over 16 weeks which is deregistered, or at the minimum Haddy kick him out if they want to improve club culture and move forward.

Hadfield captain was notified of the incident.... As you said if they are serious they will act on it

If hardy hasn't changed then probably not

Hadfield captain was notified of the incident.... As you said if they are serious they will act on it

If hardy hasn't changed then probably not

Fortunately I was there, and can confirm that no one was spat on, it was a verbal argument where spit had come out of the mouth (as it does). It's amazing, if someone was spat on in the 2nd quarter do you think it would take until the end of the game to mention it? I know most people wouldn't put up with it, and don't know anyone who would do it so i think this has been blown out of proportion. It's amazing, when clubs are at the top there is always people trying to bring them down, same thing happening in the Premier Thread with Aberfeldie, Hadfield are no Aberfeldie but have done a huge amount of work both on and off field and heading in the right direction.

From what i heard this matter has been dealt with internally and everyone has moved on, now on to the next topic, lets talk about who will make the top 4? as 5 teams don't squeeze into 4! Going to be a great battle.

Fortunately I was there, and can confirm that no one was spat on, it was a verbal argument where spit had come out of the mouth (as it does). It's amazing, if someone was spat on in the 2nd quarter do you think it would take until the end of the game to mention it? I know most people wouldn't put up with it, and don't know anyone who would do it so i think this has been blown out of proportion. It's amazing, when clubs are at the top there is always people trying to bring them down, same thing happening in the Premier Thread with Aberfeldie, Hadfield are no Aberfeldie but have done a huge amount of work both on and off field and heading in the right direction.

From what i heard this matter has been dealt with internally and everyone has moved on, now on to the next topic, lets talk about who will make the top 4? as 5 teams don't squeeze into 4! Going to be a great battle.
Nice attempt at trying to move on with the old "nothing to see here", that's just not gunna fly my ol' mate Mitch. You tripped up with ""this matter has been dealt with internally", if it went down like you said why would anything have to be dealt with?

As I said I wasn't there but you are kind of admitting someone has spat on someone as a verbal argument doesn't usually end with someone's spit on them. It's also normal for incidents to be reported after the game rather than during, but usually the umpire is informed during the course of the quarter or quarter break.

Oh well if it's true it should be raised with the league and followed up. If it's found to be true it's a big suspension IMO as we can't have this type of incident in any grade of footy.

Let's put it this way if someone spat (or talked to me and "spat" was directed) at me I would go off and unload a barrage of blows on the person, until someone dragged me off. I would probably end up reported but would say i was provoked. Does this type of action lead to an all in brawl, most likely..
So in closing Mitchell, its not acceptable at all..

As I said I wasn't there but you are kind of admitting someone has spat on someone as a verbal argument doesn't usually end with someone's spit on them. It's also normal for incidents to be reported after the game rather than during, but usually the umpire is informed during the course of the quarter or quarter break.

Oh well if it's true it should be raised with the league and followed up. If it's found to be true it's a big suspension IMO as we can't have this type of incident in any grade of footy.

Let's put it this way if someone spat (or talked to me and "spat" was directed) at me I would go off and unload a barrage of blows on the person, until someone dragged me off. I would probably end up reported but would say i was provoked. Does this type of action lead to an all in brawl, most likely..

I agree 100% Turbo, what I think Mitchell is trying to say is that there was no big fight or any at all when the incident is alleged to of happened. I was not even aware of the incident untill after the final siren when a KP player was running around screaming for nobody to shake the players hand as he was a pig.

I agree 100% Turbo, what I think Mitchell is trying to say is that there was no big fight or any at all when the incident is alleged to of happened. I was not even aware of the incident untill after the final siren when a KP player was running around screaming for nobody to shake the players hand as he was a pig.

Oh ok "oldfatandslow" if that's true about the actions of a player after the game, well that's not the best way to deal with the situation either.

I have been told by Keilor Park people, they have respect for the Haddy playing coach, so I would hope that both coaches would have a chat and take charge of a situation that could possibly spill over.. Then they will work out what's best for the player ( to get closure) and the clubs (to move forward) and footy in general.

Im also well aware it's not easy in the lower divisions as there is less respect shown ( I mean no disrespect to hard working people just being honest) and less experienced people as coaches, football managers, presidents etc, so the situation can easily explode..

Im good mates with the player from kp who was spat on. Was reported to the umpire as soon as it happened. The kp player was disgusted by this but is not a fighter. A hadfield player was on one of his team mates he ran in and dragged the hadfield players off. The player in question from hadfield ran in and their was no words spoken just ran up to the kp player and spat directly in his face.

"It's amazing, when clubs are at the top there is always people trying to bring them down"

If kp were trying to bring them down doubt they would of targeted a player that's in hadfields bottom 5 players that had not got a kick all day and say he spat on someone if they wanted to bring the club down think they might of said it was someone with some ability.

Im good mates with the player from kp who was spat on. Was reported to the umpire as soon as it happened. The kp player was disgusted by this but is not a fighter.

Was going to post the exact same thing. Dan is a person of extremely high character if he said he was spat on I wouldn't question his integrity

Im good mates with the player from kp who was spat on. Was reported to the umpire as soon as it happened. The kp player was disgusted by this but is not a fighter. A hadfield player was on one of his team mates he ran in and dragged the hadfield players off. The player in question from hadfield ran in and their was no words spoken just ran up to the kp player and spat directly in his face.

"It's amazing, when clubs are at the top there is always people trying to bring them down"

If kp were trying to bring them down doubt they would of targeted a player that's in hadfields bottom 5 players that had not got a kick all day and say he spat on someone if they wanted to bring the club down think they might of said it was someone with some ability.

Sounds very unusual for someone to be spat on in the face without any provocation, sounds to me like a very over exaggeration or pure fabrication. Either tell the full story of what happened and what led up to the incident or keep it to the league and the clubs involved. Don't just sit anonymously behind a keyboard nameing and shaming people.

'Fortunately I was there, and can confirm that no one was spat on, it was a verbal argument where spit had come out of the mouth (as it does).'

Hahahaha that's a brilliant excuse.
Next you will say He wasn't kicked in the head, his foot was there and the player head butted it. Flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds very unusual for someone to be spat on in the face without any provocation, sounds to me like a very over exaggeration or pure fabrication. Either tell the full story of what happened and what led up to the incident or keep it to the league and the clubs involved. Don't just sit anonymously behind a keyboard nameing and shaming people.

That is the full story mate I was about 10metres from the incident

Little scuffle between inzillo and oppedesiano, nothing too serious

Another haddy player and the keilor park player came in to help their team mates when the incident occurred

Hey boys I didn't know it was Dan who was "allegedly" spat on but hope the guy knows what his done. I know Dan is not a fighter (and actually a good guy) but I know his related to some people who you don't want to mess with. One of them messaged me tonight asking some questions, but I will keep these to myself.
Good luck to this guy as I'm sure their will be payback coming...Might be best to avoid attending any more games.

Thanks Turbo, thats what i was trying to say, the act of spitting is a low act and not condoned in anyway at Hadfield nor should it be in any form of life! There seems to be two sides to the story, and in between the two stories will be the truth. The captain from Keilor park spoke to the Hadfield coaches after the game.

So what are peoples thoughts on how the Top 4 will shape up?

Last edited:
Hey boys I didn't know it was Dan who was "allegedly" spat on but hope the guy knows what his done. I know Dan is not a fighter (and actually a good guy) but I know his related to some people who you don't want to mess with. One of them messaged me tonight asking some questions, but I will keep these to myself.
Good luck to this guy as I'm sure their will be payback coming...Might be best to avoid attending any more games.

What a sad state local footy has degenerated to when two blokes can't settle an incident on the field or at the bar after the game that there now has to be threats of retribution by one players family members. Maybe everyone has to take a breath and realise that while the alleged act is disgusting that a lot worse is happening around the world.

What a sad state local footy has degenerated to when two blokes can't settle an incident on the field or at the bar after the game that there now has to be threats of retribution by one players family members. Maybe everyone has to take a breath and realise that while the alleged act is disgusting that a lot worse is happening around the world.

100% agree with this, and im sure dan and his family / friends wouldn't do anything to cause anymore trouble. From what I've been told his disgusted in what happened but no path of violence would ever be taken from this or anyone else involved.

That's fair enough and most things can be settled over a beer or two, but "alleged" spitting is a low act which can spread disease. Things like king hits or kicking someone, are also low acts on a footy field . Oh well I not saying anything further on this "alleged" incident as prefer to stay well clear.

There was a safety slogan you might remember and it goes:
Look left, Look right, Look BIKE!!

you are a dead set W#@ker Turbo, look bike, so your now associating a Bikie gang with this, what you've just done here is mention Dan's name and a text message you received, now if anything was to happen off field, you will be getting a knock on your door from a few men in Blue, not the brightest bloke! no wonder why no one likes you on the Premier thread. If you have nothing positive to say don't say it!

now lets move on!

Thanks for the nice words champ. I'm not not brightest bloke yeah, very funny. Your on hear defending a player/person who has "allegedly" spat on someone. Well you said the player/person usually spits when he talks.. Now that's what I call a bright bloke.

For the record I was replying when I heard the name of the KP player and have not mentioned the "alleged" player/persons name.
You are also putting words into my post.

To me only a dead set W##@ker would spit on someone. It's a pretty low act mate if it's deemed to be true as could spread disease and sickness..

I've been in a few arguments & fights but never felt the need to spit on someone, how about you?

Good luck..

Hi guys , I was at the Hadfield vs burnside game and seen Hadfield did have a point to prove , especially the forwards.they are addressed as "The package" 3-4 fowards who kicked 38 goals between them on the day . Will be hard to stop from what I saw Saturday I.m.o

Remove this Banner Ad

Back