EDFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesterday I ventured out to watch KP vs Yarraville Seddon ( WRFL div2. We're relegated last year from the top div) Good contest played in good spirit ( well a little stoush).
No scoreboard but if I was to guess would say Yarraville won by 6-8 goals, but inside 50s was about even. Heard Yarraville had 6 out and KP had 10 senior players out.
KP did look good though and playing a fast moving game but need to have a bit of structure as bombed it inside 50 in the 1st quarter into the hands of the loose backmen. KP seemed more physical than previous years, which is something they needed.
Big Cogger played seniors and went well. Hearing he might be playing seniors this year which will be great for KP. I know his an older player but very fit, versatile, imposing and can play.
The Hillside boys didn't play but we're watching on..
Louy played well, got a lot of the ball but some skill errors let him down, but it was the first hit out and maybe bit nervous trying to impress. I was very impressed with his speaking at the huddles for a young first year capt/coach. Will need someone to assist on the sidelines though, bit of a rumour circulating a KP legend could be doing this role..
I was reading some negative posts a while back on Louy, but from all reports his doing well. Looks like a tough midfielder so hopefully he leads by example and the rest follow. All I can say from seeing him for 2 hrs is he did well and looks to have a bright coaching future keeping in mind his only 25 I think..
They could go well this year. If they can pick up another tall to compliment their mids and forwards then look out.

PS: I did hear a couple of returning players played in the twos. Both really good players who will slot straight into the seniors and be very good players. Not mentioning names though.

Just been contacted by an offical via SMS and YSE beat Keilor Park by 16pts. As I said there was no scoreboard operating but there was goal umpires so it appears 16pts was the margin.

Also was told Hillside beat Coburg Districts by around 10goals.

East Sunbury by 10 goals today over S/Lakes good running team by the looks, good effort against a supposedly better opposition. Good to see them begin to play football, at last.

a lot of talk about kp on this page when the edfl pre season review gave them next to nothing and highlighted there key losses and no gains on the other hand going off the edfl review having not seen roxy cd and haddy the best review would be jacana there recruits on paper should make a huge impact in division 2 nothing against the division but theres some recruits who should shine in this comp, a lot of a grade experience in the side which is handy for a club like jacana along with the youth it has they could be the ones to shake up the division
Some handy recruits! But have lost about 10 players from there senior side last year.

Some handy recruits! But have lost about 10 players from there senior side last year.
looking at there seinor side last year they had alot of different players run through it and the new ins out weigh the losses by alot they only loss they have is losing brian bell and shane cleary other then that there ins out weigh there losses

looking at there seinor side last year they had alot of different players run through it and the new ins out weigh the losses by alot they only loss they have is losing brian bell and shane cleary other then that there ins out weigh there losses

Had Caton played last year they would have made finals he would have been one of the best players in the division... Devastating for jacana To gain a bloke of his stature and not be able to get him on the park

I see the EDFL web preseason hub think Keilor Park will be bottom 3. I'm trying to understand what research they do, if at all. Do they just look at clearance in vs out..
Popped in to have a look last night, for about 20mins and they had good numbers. I hear they are also trying to get an 18s side together which would be handy..
Good vibe around the playing group, and coach Loui seems to be enjoying the coaching role..

I see the EDFL web preseason hub think Keilor Park will be bottom 3. I'm trying to understand what research they do, if at all. Do they just look at clearance in vs out..
Popped in to have a look last night, for about 20mins and they had good numbers. I hear they are also trying to get an 18s side together which would be handy..
Good vibe around the playing group, and coach Loui seems to be enjoying the coaching role..
Will be a interesting season you can never pick this early my tip would be
Distrcits
Roxy
Jacana
Haddy/valley/kp
Subury
Burnside

Districts will have top spot sealed roxy and jacana will fight for second and third roxy might have the edge then fourth will be again like last season be down to percentage very even season

Bell, Cleary, Robertson, Sawyer, Gough, Remzi, Sacco, Adams, Trevakis & Caruso would all be in there strongest 22 last year.

Will be a interesting season you can never pick this early my tip would be
Distrcits
Roxy
Jacana
Haddy/valley/kp
Subury
Burnside

Districts will have top spot sealed roxy and jacana will fight for second and third roxy might have the edge then fourth will be again like last season be down to percentage very even season
What makes you say that districts will have top spot sealed?

G'day Bird,
It's great to see a bit of discussion again div2. Predictions are always difficult this time of year but it's creating some interest.

I am with the Grubba on this and would like to know why you think Districts have too spot sealed.. I would "assume" Hadfield might be people's choice for top at this early stage..
I also think Jacana need to make up a bit of ground but hearing some good things out of there. It's really great that Jacana is improving their list and culture. I'm hearing Travis Day is back there helping in some capacity. If true great move by Jacana to have a "club" person back..

IMO clubs like Keilor Park, Jacana, Districts, Hadfield, Mooney Valley have been around for a while, but most ex players/club people are not around and it's left to a few people to keep these clubs going.. It's a real shame and if they are not careful will get overtaken by the new clubs Burnside & East Sunbury..
I understand the footy at div2 level is not the best but it's improving each year with a lot of younger players. All I'm saying is show some interest and pop in every now and then and make yourself known. The older clubs don't have a lot of juniors to rely on new people flowing through the doors.

Bell, Cleary, Robertson, Sawyer, Gough, Remzi, Sacco, Adams, Trevakis & Caruso would all be in there strongest 22 last year.

Bit of a shame to see Adam Gough leave again... Premiership player for jacana and top bloke

Not sure if josh Adams is actually in there best 22 though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day Bird,
It's great to see a bit of discussion again div2. Predictions are always difficult this time of year but it's creating some interest.

I am with the Grubba on this and would like to know why you think Districts have too spot sealed.. I would "assume" Hadfield might be people's choice for top at this early stage..
I also think Jacana need to make up a bit of ground but hearing some good things out of there. It's really great that Jacana is improving their list and culture. I'm hearing Travis Day is back there helping in some capacity. If true great move by Jacana to have a "club" person back..

IMO clubs like Keilor Park, Jacana, Districts, Hadfield, Mooney Valley have been around for a while, but most ex players/club people are not around and it's left to a few people to keep these clubs going.. It's a real shame and if they are not careful will get overtaken by the new clubs Burnside & East Sunbury..
I understand the footy at div2 level is not the best but it's improving each year with a lot of younger players. All I'm saying is show some interest and pop in every now and then and make yourself known. The older clubs don't have a lot of juniors to rely on new people flowing through the doors.

You know this for a fact that all the older clubs ex players/ club people are not around any more

You know this for a fact that all the older clubs ex players/ club people are not around any more
I think coburg districts are a division 1 side there very big bodied for divsion 2 they just need some class which i think they have and that should take them to what i think will be a premiership

Hey Left Back,
Good question, Not 100% but go for a drive around a few clubs training in div2 and compare them against clubs in div1 and premier.
The div2 clubs will have the playing group and maybe 1 or 2 people watching/supporting/engaging etc.
Then go and watch a game during the year and tell me how many ex club people are watching div2 games. Won't be many champ..
Ok it maybe a general broad statement but my point is players take money when there are playing, but when they retire how many of them actually put back into the club..

I think coburg districts are a division 1 side there very big bodied for divsion 2 they just need some class which i think they have and that should take them to what i think will be a premiership

I watched them in the semi last year and they were a big bodied side last year. Not sure of the average age of the group, but agree they need 1 or 2 younger run and carry types. A few of the big bodied guys would struggle in div1 so they need to be careful and really have a plan if they do happen to win it.
A flag would be just rewards for Cat who has put a lot of hard work in over the years. His been a rock down there and provided stability.

Hey Left Back,
Good question, Not 100% but go for a drive around a few clubs training in div2 and compare them against clubs in div1 and premier.
The div2 clubs will have the playing group and maybe 1 or 2 people watching/supporting/engaging etc.
Then go and watch a game during the year and tell me how many ex club people are watching div2 games. Won't be many champ..
Ok it maybe a general broad statement but my point is players take money when there are playing, but when they retire how many of them actually put back into the club..

fair call jumped the gun a bit,I was thinking when l was playing(70s and 80s) where all your mates played as well and played for the love of the jumper ,when you did give it away you still supported your club but agree with you in recent times money has changed everything and people now just go where the money is and loyalty is a thing of the past

Went down and watched, watsonia were terrible, a few punches thrown by the roxy blokes, pretty scrappy match but expected for a first hit out.

Hope it wasn't to bad as from memory Roxy are still on notice from the league. If there is any reported incidents there could be issues. I know the EDFL won't put up with bad things happening.
I'm also aware that some people running the club are trying to stamp out this bad behaviour/culture....

Hope it wasn't to bad as from memory Roxy are still on notice from the league. If there is any reported incidents there could be issues. I know the EDFL won't put up with bad things happening.
I'm also aware that some people running the club are trying to stamp out this bad behaviour/culture....

Went to a few roxy games last year to watch a couple mates... Never really saw too much bad behaviour honestly

Used to go in the rooms a bit and the comraderie between the players seemed great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back