goodie

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2006
on big footy
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nilma Darnum
quote of the year from a longwarry player who was sent off on saturday for headbutting.
umpire " your reported mate"
player was storming of turned around walked back to the umpire looked at him pointed at him for ten second
"yeah well well your reported"
then ran off the ground.

Smiling Doctor

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Carlton
Good all in blue at Nyora yesterday against bongwarry in the 2's. Who the hell is 33 for bongwarry? Plays a bit of ruck/CHF. Sooked and whinged all day, started some s**t and ended up yellow carded. Umpires stood there looking for who to send off next instead of balling it up. Nyora ended up with 14 and bongwarry 17 players on ground at the end. Should really have been a couple from each team but their umpire was a little one eyed with the card. A bit of old school footy, good stuff!!!

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Looks like Lang Lang may have pinched 6th spot off Catani on the weekend.

Were a game and 6% down heading into the round but with their big win and Catani's loss jumped 9% ahead of them. Catani play Garfield in the last game, while Langy have Kooweerup. Think the 9% will be too big a task though.

Also does anyone know the qualification rules? I know you have to play 4 games in the reserves but what is the maximum senior games? Is it 9 or 10?

normsmith95

Debutant
May 12, 2008
bum_____nowhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks like Lang Lang may have pinched 6th spot off Catani on the weekend.

Were a game and 6% down heading into the round but with their big win and Catani's loss jumped 9% ahead of them. Catani play Garfield in the last game, while Langy have Kooweerup. Think the 9% will be too big a task though.

Also does anyone know the qualification rules? I know you have to play 4 games in the reserves but what is the maximum senior games? Is it 9 or 10?
10 i believe jake

Smiling Doctor

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't dislike Bunyip at all but it's about time the score/result reflected their ability. Goon are an 8 goal side better than anyone and it's got me stuffed how they lost 3 games to bunyip over the course of the year. The yip's are equal to or marginly better than CL down to Nyora. I reakon only CL would have gotten any closer yesterday.

kenny moore

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not to many 2nds teams win back to back the goon boys did a great job winning 2 in a row and may just get a 3rd.

Smiling Doctor

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Carlton
Hang on a bit kenny,

Goon 09/10
Longwarry 03/04
Ellinbank 00/01
Buln 98/99
Dusties 95/96/97

only the 4 years before goon's first flag were won by a different team each year. Oh and Langy in 02

kenny moore

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry doc didnt know so many 2nds teams won back to back ,but i think the goon can win a 3rd granny next year,they will no dout have a good kids come into the 2nds next year to make them stonger agian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Falcor

Senior List
May 7, 2007
Berwick
AFL Club
Essendon
at this early stage any opinion's on who is going to battle it out for the flag this year in the 2s? Ellinbank look like they might be contenders?

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Lang Lang will go very close I reckon Falcor. Have struggled a bit in recent weeks due to injuries to the senior team but if they can get their full strength team out there they will be hard to beat.

Nar Nar Goon looked very good last week too.

Smiling Doctor

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry Falcor, can't agree with you on the bankers. Although you won't get an easy win against them, they just don't seem to be strong enough over the whole ground to beat top sides regulary. From what i've seen, Surkin's mob, as well as Bunyip, Goon and Cora Lynn will still be around the mark.

Piezy

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2010
Warragul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nilma Darnum
Just going off the weekend Tumbles Goon dont seem to be as strong as the last 2 years, or maybe we've just improved a bit. Cora Lynn would be the best team we've played so far. Havnt seen Bunyip or Ellinbank yet. Garfield seem to have improved a bit aswell just going off there results.

Tumbleweed

Team Captain
May 18, 2009
Spencer St
AFL Club
Adelaide
If it was purely based on the weekend's game i'd agree with you 100%. However, the last couple of years have seen a huge turnover of players through the two's at NNG, due to retirements, blokes giving it away, kids coming through etc. Those kids are pretty talented and just get better and better as the year goes on. I reckon you'll find that once the team gels and adjust to the "senior footy" type game plan, they'll be too quick and talented come the pointy end of the year, as per last season. Time will tell I guess.

Falcor

Senior List
May 7, 2007
Berwick
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry Falcor, can't agree with you on the bankers. Although you won't get an easy win against them, they just don't seem to be strong enough over the whole ground to beat top sides regulary. From what i've seen, Surkin's mob, as well as Bunyip, Goon and Cora Lynn will still be around the mark.

Hey doctor i take it you have played/seen ellinbank, the goon have got them tomorrow any players worth keeping an eye on in the two's that might have a say in them winning?

Smiling Doctor

Senior List
Aug 16, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Carlton
Watch out for the big pointy snoz. You'll find him but I don't want to give you too many hints. Just one of their many older guys but fresh from senior footy in the last year or two. Will get a bit of it and give them plenty of drive of half back. I don't think you guys will have any problem with the bankers thou.

stinger2

Debutant
Jan 13, 2009
gippsland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watch out for the big pointy snoz. You'll find him but I don't want to give you too many hints. Just one of their many older guys but fresh from senior footy in the last year or two. Will get a bit of it and give them plenty of drive of half back. I don't think you guys will have any problem with the bankers thou.

China Bing?

Apr 25, 2006
East of Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back