EDFL-Premier Division 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Hamish Dahl & Damian Rayson from EDS have signed on with one of the powerhouse clubs in the SFL. What types of players are these and how do you rate them acknowledging the EDFL is a superior comp than that of the SFL.

I see Hamish Dahl & Damian Rayson from EDS have signed on with one of the powerhouse clubs in the SFL. What types of players are these and how do you rate them acknowledging the EDFL is a superior comp than that of the SFL.

Dahl is a good young ruckman with plenty of aggression and Rayson is a very good hard running midfielder. If what your saying is correct, they will be two big outs for EDS.

Rocky has taken a job as senior coach for St Bernard's,
I think he has ahieved all he can at greenvale. 2
Premierships in 2 years. Time for a new challenge

Greenvale have spoken with Paxman but I'm sure Bruce would be leaving no stone unturned in getting the best available maybe S.West if he isn't picked up elsewhere.
I hear that part of reason why Rock isn't at Greenvale for 2014 is that budget for coach was reduced and Rock wasn't going to take pay cut. West would not be any cheaper so you can forget about West going to Greenvale. St Bernard's would be paying big for a coach as they don't pay players

Super get for Strathmore appointing Craig 'Clinnkers' Clinnick. Everything he touches turns to gold, or a premiership!

Local footy players & coaches receive offers from other clubs - www.sportsdraft.com.au
What is his record as an outright coach? That is not as an assistant but outright coach? Also can we keep ads like this for sportsdraft off this site?

Who will be the strong contenders for the flag next year?

1) Greenvale - Just keep getting stronger, Have the structure and more importantly the $$$'s to once again go into 2014 as flag fav.
2) Abers - If they keep all their players and rumour is they are on the cusp of signing another couple of ex AFL players will be equal fav with Greenvale
3) APW - Will only get better and again all indications are they are throwing big bucks around and will add to their list
4) Strathmore - Not so much Clinnick but getting Hille back with his $$$'s is the key. Will recruit and if they keep the list from this year will be right up there
5) Avondale - Have recruited very well & will push for finals again
6) Keilor - Word is max exodus, not sure what's happening down there. 3 to Deer Park, Cartelli to Avondale and latest is Garth is leaving. Been a strong club for a long time, maybe this is their down period?
7) Marby Park - Will take a massive effort to recruit well enough to push top 4
8) Pacco - Will make up the numbers again
9) Doutta's -Rayson and the Ruckman gone, recruiting to survive
10)North Saints - Fav to be relegated, just too hard to compete coming up especially if they have lost their best 2 players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Greenvale - Just keep getting stronger, Have the structure and more importantly the $$$'s to once again go into 2014 as flag fav.
2) Abers - If they keep all their players and rumour is they are on the cusp of signing another couple of ex AFL players will be equal fav with Greenvale
3) APW - Will only get better and again all indications are they are throwing big bucks around and will add to their list
4) Strathmore - Not so much Clinnick but getting Hille back with his $$$'s is the key. Will recruit and if they keep the list from this year will be right up there
6) Keilor - Word is max exodus, not sure what's happening down there. 3 to Deer Park, Cartelli to Avondale and latest is Garth is leaving. Been a strong club for a long time, maybe this is their down period?
10)North Saints - Fav to be relegated, just too hard to compete coming up especially if they have lost their best 2 players
Assuming you have teams in finishing order, the main mover is Avondale Heights down and Airport West & Strathmore moving up. I've heard Avondale Heights have recruited a few, what news do you have on Strathmore and Airport West to make you think that they will move up?

Assuming you have teams in finishing order, the main mover is Avondale Heights down and Airport West & Strathmore moving up. I've heard Avondale Heights have recruited a few, what news do you have on Strathmore and Airport West to make you think that they will move up?

APW smashed Avondale in the Semi and looked much the better team, I think both of those teams will improve so keeping in mind APW finished 3rd after the finals series then there is no reason to think they won't finish better than AH.
Strathmore have a quality list, new coach, couple of new gun recruits, be very surprised if they don't improve dramatically.
What's great is there are 7 genuine chances to make the finals. Take GV & Abers as 1 & 2, then 5 teams to make up 3rd & 4th

Wondering if anyone out there can tell me how many flags Eric Kuret has played in ?

Greenvale
Balranald
Coburg
Calder Cannons
Assumption
Craigieburn (Juniors)

Played in flags with 4 of these teams, that I know of.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was more than 10.

Northern Saints aren't advertising for a senior coach, fair to say Nat Caruso will be staying...

Galea and Cam Trewin and a former vfl player from the country to Avondale - Confirmed.

This below has appeared on the EDFL Facebook Page.
The Avondale Heights F.C have signed some key players for season 2014. VFL superstar forward Dean Galea, EDFL players & former Coburg VFL friends Luke Cartelli (Keilor) & Michael Tanner (M.Valley), former VFL & Wodonga Raiders star David Stretton (Lara F.C) & former Captain & Deer Park Premiership Full Forward Cameron Trewin also has returned. Huge inclusions for the Heights who will now go in as a Premiership favourite with Greenvale & Aberfeldie F.C

This below has appeared on the EDFL Facebook Page.
The Avondale Heights F.C have signed some key players for season 2014. VFL superstar forward Dean Galea, EDFL players & former Coburg VFL friends Luke Cartelli (Keilor) & Michael Tanner (M.Valley), former VFL & Wodonga Raiders star David Stretton (Lara F.C) & former Captain & Deer Park Premiership Full Forward Cameron Trewin also has returned. Huge inclusions for the Heights who will now go in as a Premiership favourite with Greenvale & Aberfeldie F.C
Massive recruiting , Galea , Stretton both guns , Cartelli classy and fit , tanner if he's fit , Trewin for mine a bit over rated. Have any left from 2013 ? Building a quality list though that's for sure

Can someone please confirm?
After being asked to take a pay cut, Aberfeldie captain Daniel Mangan has signed with Tullamarine for a reported $800 per game.

After being asked to take a pay cut, Aberfeldie captain Daniel Mangan has signed with Tullamarine for a reported $800 per game.
Not sure about the paycut but I've been told by a Tulla player that he'll be there. Very good signing, if true.

More like a pay rise to go to Tulla.
He will be suited to Div 1 footy due to his age and body.
Will be missed it has to be said. Iconic personality at Abers.

More like a pay rise to go to Tulla.
He will be suited to Div 1 footy due to his age and body.
Will be missed it has to be said. Iconic personality at Abers.

Captain of the club leaves after the club makes the first grand final in 10 years. so close to breaking a 30 year curse and then he leaves
Iconic personality- has left the club twice now to do what suits him. only came back when the riches of abers were on offer.
Would have taken a cut to go to Tulla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back