EDFL Premier Division 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think anyone has ever given much credence to your opinions before, so not sure why we should start now. Pretty academic now as to whether Grima is in the same class as such an "expert" as yourself, he's the one with the well deserved premiership medallion. You can brood about that for the next 6 months.
Bought a flag well done! I enjoy having a beer at section rd looking into the trophy Cabnet and seeing 4 A grade trophies and in 2 of them I played in! How many has Grima won again? Haha

Bought a flag well done! I enjoy having a beer at section rd looking into the trophy Cabnet and seeing 4 A grade trophies and in 2 of them I played in! How many has Grima won again? Haha
Unlike you I actually have a pretty good idea what the Mores spent. Compared to what some others were reputed to have spent it's SFA. If you did actually get on the ground during 2 of Greenvales flags it would most likely have been as the water boy, not as a player.

Seeing you are into big noting yourself i'm surprised you didn't claim 4 flags for yourself in the last 10 years, like Winter, Little, May, Mazzeo and Campbell have done for the Mores.

Anyway, you are obviously a troll, so no more oxygen for you from me.

Unlike you I actually have a pretty good idea what the Mores spent. Compared to what some others were reputed to have spent it's SFA. If you did actually get on the ground during 2 of Greenvales flags it would most likely have been as the water boy, not as a player.

Seeing you are into big noting yourself i'm surprised you didn't claim 4 flags for yourself in the last 10 years, like Winter, Little, May, Mazzeo and Campbell have done for the Mores.

Is this the same Stax that had a go at a few of us on the Div 1 post for taking so called personal swipes , being nasty and running a vendetta.
You may want to read back a couple of your last posts pal
Anyway no more Ash = no more Jack. Goodbye all in big footy land , I'm hanging up the keyboard

STAX...sounds like you might be in the know? Roger's reference to Strathmore buying a flag, heard 14 of your premiership side played juniors there.
Accurate figure?

Is this the same Stax that had a go at a few of us on the Div 1 post for taking so called personal swipes , being nasty and running a vendetta.
You may want to read back a couple of your last posts pal
Anyway no more Ash = no more Jack. Goodbye all in big footy land , I'm hanging up the keyboard
Yes it's the very same Stax who had a well deserved crack at you. My argument with Rodger the dodger was a very mild, largely tongue in cheek response to slurs made against a Strathmore player.

Nothing like the obsessive, vindictive, possibly defamatory vendetta you have been mounting against an individual over a lengthy period of time. You are desperately clutching at straws to try and compare the 2.

Your decision to hang up the keyboard is long overdue pal.

STAX...sounds like you might be in the know? Roger's reference to Strathmore buying a flag, heard 14 of your premiership side played juniors there.
Accurate figure?
I'm not really in the know as such LFDE BACKWARDS, just a supporter. However I was speaking to one of the club hierarchy shortly after the GF, and he most certainly does know. He quoted 13 as being ex juniors. He also said how much was out laid on players. Nothing like what some others, who don't actually know, have previously implied.

Yes it's the very same Stax who had a well deserved crack at you. My argument with Rodger the dodger was a very mild, largely tongue in cheek response to slurs made against a Strathmore player.

Nothing like the obsessive, vindictive, possibly defamatory vendetta you have been mounting against an individual over a lengthy period of time. You are desperately clutching at straws to try and compare the 2.

Your decision to hang up the keyboard is long overdue pal.
I might just rethink my decision.
You have no idea of what occurred over the past 5 years that Ash has been at Tullamarine whilst continually contacting people from Glenroy to try and make trouble with childish , immature,repetitive, contradictory lies.
I just wish that all the people that didn't know the situation would pull their heads in. Either that or recruit this Super Coach to your club so I can sit here in 2 years and listen to your slander
Either get all the info or don't comment

Last edited:
For *s sake.. Get over it!!
You've managed to turn someone trolling Strathmore into discussion about Ash Manning. Your obsession is beginning to grow tiresome.
On topic though, 13/15 homegrown players is a pretty decent effort by Strathmore, while I don't begrudge blokes getting the best deal possible for themselves it is good to see guys sticking with their junior clubs.

I watched the 40min EDFL Grand Final (Strathmore v Aberfeldie) highlight package (Youtube) last night. Very impressive production by the way. The standard of footy was pretty good for a suburban comp and the endeavour from the players was terrific, but I still cannot fathom how any club would spend over 100k on match payments on part-time 'paddock' footballers for a premiership that in the scheme of things is not a big deal for anyone outside of Melbourne's north-west suburbs.

Some of these committees need a reality check in terms of the enormous amount of volunteer hours they & others dedicate to raise the massive amounts of money to pay players that have no real interest in the club's future. These players are not the future committee persons, canteen workers, line markers & other dedicated loyal volunteers that are the soul of a footy club.

I can only imagine the mountain of money Aberfeldie must have paid mercenaries over the last decade in a quest to win a local suburban footy premiership. Enough to feed a small nation I suspect.

I was interested to listen to Craig Clinnick being interviewed after he'd coached Strathmore to the premiership. Craig said there were 14 players in the team who had come through Strathmore's juniors. It seems Strathmore would not have spent too much to build its premiership team. Well done to Strathmore for having a club development structure in place that ensures a significant part of its senior teams are players progressing from its junior teams. Clinnick came across as pretty humble and heaped praise on the players, the club & the other four coaches that were part of his team.

I don't know Clinnick from a bar of soap but his coaching record is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
I watched the 40min EDFL Grand Final (Strathmore v Aberfeldie) highlight package (Youtube) last night. Very impressive production by the way. The standard of footy was pretty good for a suburban comp and the endeavour from the players was terrific, but I still cannot fathom how any club would spend over 100k on match payments on part-time 'paddock' footballers for a premiership that in the scheme of things is not a big deal for anyone outside of Melbourne's north-west suburbs.
Obviously means a bit to those supporters that are putting in the money to help fund the $100k+, otherwise they wouldnt be putting the money in.

oh, and on that theory why is Gold Coast paying Ablett $1.5m/year to play in a compitition that only half the country supports, let alone anyone else in the world.

Sorry keenwatcher, but you can't be serious.

The AFL is one of the biggest & best supported football competitions (of any type) on the planet. It's the pinnacle - the Olympic Games of Aussie Rules. TV stations fight to spend a billion dollars to broadcast it.

You simply can't compare a suburban comp (of which there are many scattered across the country) to the number one competition in our sport.

Using the same analogy - the EDFL to the the AFL is like the local interclub schools athletics day is to the Olympic Games.

Most of the people in an AFL club are getting paid handsomely. It's a professional business with the clubs generating millions in broadcast rights, memberships, sponsorships and a range of income producing businesses. Very little AFL club money is raised from volunteer activities. In contrast, the vast majority of people in a local footy club are doing it for the love of the club. Primarily the suburban clubs are run on shoestring budgets where the bulk of its funds are raised voluntarily. The really big money in some of these clubs is relied upon from a single philanthropist - which often has a limited life span.

My main point is that I feel for the loyal local club person who might be cleaning the rooms, marking the ground, setting up the goal posts, working the scoreboard, working in the canteen or beind the bar, attending committee meetings, acting as a delegate to the controlling body, etc. He/she works his butt off for the local club only to see some over rated paddock footballer with no 'genuine' allegiance to the club 'skim' $1000 a week from the club.

While it's hard for me to comprehend why local clubs risk their survival to raise massive amounts of money to pay blokes who couldn't care less what jumper he wears, I do have great respect for those loyal club people who are prepared to keep the club going, regardless.

Sorry keenwatcher, but you can't be serious.

The AFL is one of the biggest & best supported football competitions (of any type) on the planet. It's the pinnacle - the Olympic Games of Aussie Rules. TV stations fight to spend a billion dollars to broadcast it.

You simply can't compare a suburban comp (of which there are many scattered across the country) to the number one competition in our sport.

Using the same analogy - the EDFL to the the AFL is like the local interclub schools athletics day is to the Olympic Games.

Most of the people in an AFL club are getting paid handsomely. It's a professional business with the clubs generating millions in broadcast rights, memberships, sponsorships and a range of income producing businesses. Very little AFL club money is raised from volunteer activities. In contrast, the vast majority of people in a local footy club are doing it for the love of the club. Primarily the suburban clubs are run on shoestring budgets where the bulk of its funds are raised voluntarily. The really big money in some of these clubs is relied upon from a single philanthropist - which often has a limited life span.

My main point is that I feel for the loyal local club person who might be cleaning the rooms, marking the ground, setting up the goal posts, working the scoreboard, working in the canteen or beind the bar, attending committee meetings, acting as a delegate to the controlling body, etc. He/she works his butt off for the local club only to see some over rated paddock footballer with no 'genuine' allegiance to the club 'skim' $1000 a week from the club.

While it's hard for me to comprehend why local clubs risk their survival to raise massive amounts of money to pay blokes who couldn't care less what jumper he wears, I do have great respect for those loyal club people who are prepared to keep the club going, regardless.
Firstly - on the same page with you re volunteers. However when a side is winning, its funny how more people want to get involved and are happy to dig into their pockets. End of the day anything that is sustainable is worth doing. So if a club can sustain spending $100k then go for it.

re AFL - AFL owns Victoria. However walk across the north border and no one gives a s**t. Name one other country that will pay money for TV rights to the AFL? Spend 1 month outside Vic and you will see the real picture, not what the AFL tells you.

And i love watching the AFL by the way and think its the best sport to watch.

No worries keenwatcher, no problem with a club spending $100k as long as it is sustainable.

$100,000 is the absolute maximum any local club should be spending on its footy department.

These figures of $200k, $300k and more ( I believe Deer Park spent around $350k to win the WRFL Div1 flag) is ludicrous and does not justify a premiership - at that level.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate but your kidding yourself claiming Strathmore have bought a flag. You at Greenvale are guilty of that not Strathmore

Credit where credit is due and big credit goes to Strathmore this year. Found ways to win, great team, great culture and best of all have home grown champions.

Sorry mate but your kidding yourself claiming Strathmore have bought a flag. You at Greenvale are guilty of that not Strathmore

Credit where credit is due and big credit goes to Strathmore this year. Found ways to win, great team, great culture and best of all have home grown champions.
Both sides have similar junior representation atm.
In any event the bloke was clearly trolling

Some of these committees need a reality check in terms of the enormous amount of volunteer hours they & others dedicate to raise the massive amounts of money to pay players that have no real interest in the club's future. These players are not the future committee persons, canteen workers, line markers & other dedicated loyal volunteers that are the soul of a footy club.

I can only imagine the mountain of money Aberfeldie must have paid mercenaries over the last decade in a quest to win a local suburban footy premiership. Enough to feed a small nation I suspect.

I was interested to listen to Craig Clinnick being interviewed after he'd coached Strathmore to the premiership. Craig said there were 14 players in the team who had come through Strathmore's juniors. It seems Strathmore would not have spent too much to build its premiership team. Well done to Strathmore for having a club development structure in place that ensures a significant part of its senior teams are players progressing from its junior teams. Clinnick came across as pretty humble and heaped praise on the players, the club & the other four coaches that were part of his team.

I don't know Clinnick from a bar of soap but his coaching record is pretty impressive.

I disagree, the volunteers and corporate contributors get great joy out of being part of local football, also for someone like Craig Hille I don't think there is any doubt that his contribution to strathmore and the edfl has had a positive impact on his business Hilles home extensions. Weather it be for social reasons or for financial gain these people benefit and are happy to contribute. Some people spend thousands on boats, cars, golf memberships, horses because they enjoy being part of it, contributing to a footy club you are passionate about is no different.

Yep, I do concede your point on a person's choice to spend their money. The issue is the sustainability of relying on a single philanthropist.

Craig Hille is a special case - born & bred Strathmore & as you have indicated, no doubt the relationship has been mutually beneficial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back