EDFL Premier Division 2014

milkman99

Senior List
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
You must be an Abers supporter.

If you are not then what do you care how someone else spends there money.

Abers must be a s**t club, which is why there junior numbers are so s**t, and there supporter base is so low. Yeah?
How many of there list played juniors at the club?
So you think they get more to the footy now than they did in the early 2000 when abers played oak park on Sundays it use to be 4 deep around the whole ground even on Saturdays they were 2 deep and you couldn't move on the hill

keenwatcher

Rookie
Jun 20, 2014
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
How many of there list played juniors at the club?
So you think they get more to the footy now than they did in the early 2000 when abers played oak park on Sundays it use to be 4 deep around the whole ground even on Saturdays they were 2 deep and you couldn't move on the hill
Not sure what it was like 14yrs ago. I know they get 5x as many now then what they did 5yrs ago when they were getting belted everyweek.

You didnt answer my question? do u support abers?

If you do raise the issues at an AGM. If you dont, that what do you care.

Shadow Master

Debutant
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Please. Name one club that if the money ran out, they would still play finals by relying on home grown talent.
If you were such a keen watcher you would be able to name that club yourself. I believe Keilor FC played finals this year without a money man, purely and simply through getting their CLUB structure right, their coaching staffs ability to develop and educate their current playing list, (from which a large percentage are home grown lads) has enabled this club to remain competitive in a strong competition, look out if this club gets some finances behind it..

keenwatcher

Rookie
Jun 20, 2014
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
If you were such a keen watcher you would be able to name that club yourself. I believe Keilor FC played finals this year without a money man, purely and simply through getting their CLUB structure right, their coaching staffs ability to develop and educate their current playing list, (from which a large percentage are home grown lads) has enabled this club to remain competitive in a strong competition, look out if this club gets some finances behind it..
Keilor spent money on their playing list. So you are wrong. They didnt spend as much as others, but still spent money, and more then Northern Saints for example.

So ill ask the question again, name one club that spends $0 on their playing list, rely on home grown talent, and is competitive in A grade (or any grade). Happy for them to spend what ever they want on coachs.

good luck finding one. Might have to go back to 1980?

Shadow Master

Debutant
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Keilor spent money on their playing list. So you are wrong. They didnt spend as much as others, but still spent money, and more then Northern Saints for example.

So ill ask the question again, name one club that spends $0 on their playing list, rely on home grown talent, and is competitive in A grade (or any grade). Happy for them to spend what ever they want on coachs.

I will answer your question again, Keilor FC were in the bottom two for outgoing expenses on player payments yet were able to defeat all clubs in the competition bar one purely and simply on player education

Well now you are being ridiculous as there wouldn't be a club in Australia playing in a semi-professional competition that is spending $0 on their player payments. As previously mentioned Keilor FC has remained competitive in A Grade for an extended period of time, they even managed to orchestrate the ultimate success in 2008, this year they were in the bottom two for outgoing expenses for player payments yet managed to finish fourth, purely and simply through player development and education, with a large number of home grown lads still benefiting from the development and education process in place down there.

milkman99

Senior List
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Prophetic l wish l was that clever to create two accounts & l despise douttas and couldn't be happier to see them in b grade and has true abers supporter l was very disappointed we didn't do it back in 2008 when we were 20 points up at 3 1/4 time but as it was back then there was no culture as it is the same today

puffpuffgivemo

All Australian
Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shadow Master & Milkman clearly one in the same - trying so hard to get a point across the one person needs two accounts!

Move on - the decision on the Rillaz coaching position - right, wrong or indifferent is likely to come later today/tomorrow and definitely before Saturday night's presentation night.

Like I've said before player payment budgets have escalated - it's reality and needs to be accepted. I stumbled across on old menu yesterday that showed Crown Lager was once $3.70 on Cox Plate Day!!!

I still don't believe whoever spends the most wins though and you can't argue the toss that this year of Premier Division footy has been the best in decades - quality and evenness!!
The point of players paid to play reserves or finals is one that if true I'd personally be staggered and disgusted by!!

Anyone heard Rose, Galea and Tiller all on the move from Avondale?

milkman99

Senior List
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Puff puff as l said to prophetic l wish l was that clever to have two accounts and shadow master is far more intelligent than me just ask tigertony and I'll admit l went a bit far and l have apologize to prophetic and said l would take a post down or but as l seem that uneducated l can't mange to do that so we'll just have to move on & hopefully abers make the correct decision on the coaches job because it would have to be one of the sought after jobs in local footy with the jnr program behind it and the $$$$$

The Good Oil

Debutant
Sep 10, 2010
pascoe vale
AFL Club
GWS
Puff puff as l said to prophetic l wish l was that clever to have two accounts and shadow master is far more intelligent than me just ask tigertony and I'll admit l went a bit far and l have apologize to prophetic and said l would take a post down or but as l seem that uneducated l can't mange to do that so we'll just have to move on & hopefully abers make the correct decision on the coaches job because it would have to be one of the sought after jobs in local footy with the jnr program behind it and the $$$$$
If I read or hear "Abers junior program" once more I'll spew up.

Outbackhack37

All Australian
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Shadow Master & Milkman clearly one in the same - trying so hard to get a point across the one person needs two accounts!

Move on - the decision on the Rillaz coaching position - right, wrong or indifferent is likely to come later today/tomorrow and definitely before Saturday night's presentation night.

Like I've said before player payment budgets have escalated - it's reality and needs to be accepted. I stumbled across on old menu yesterday that showed Crown Lager was once $3.70 on Cox Plate Day!!!

I still don't believe whoever spends the most wins though and you can't argue the toss that this year of Premier Division footy has been the best in decades - quality and evenness!!
The point of players paid to play reserves or finals is one that if true I'd personally be staggered and disgusted by!!

I understand Young & Free have informed AH they wont be returning for 2015. Happy to be corrected. Don't you love silly season

Prophetic

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

A disenchanted coaching applicant, I know exactly who you are. Trashing volunteers is a very low act

milkman99

Senior List
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
[QUOT E="Prophetic, post: 35588819, member: 56602"]A disenchanted coaching applicant, I know exactly who you are. Trashing volunteers is a very low act[/QUOTE]
Never applied & never will apply just been a long time observer from the outer & I've only mentioned one person & sometimes the truth hurts

footylover29

Rookie
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So far the 'silly season' has produced the following, feel free to correct anything that is wrong, just rumours doing the rounds that I have heard.
- AH's rose and galea offered big $$ in country and seriously considering it, expect at least one of the duo gone
- todd grima's 6 match ban means he is now past the 16 week limit?? Meaning him gone from strathmore if that's the case- where does that leave Alex grima?
- Kenny gone from apw and contessa all but gone as coach
- Matt little chasing coin in the country following retirement of brother
- free and young both considering leaving the heights, more than likely gone
- expect zivvy Allison to leave strathmore after being dropped from grand final, few ammo clubs chasing him

As I said, just the silly season. all rumours at this stage. feel free to correct me in any way.

puffpuffgivemo

All Australian
Nov 28, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So far the 'silly season' has produced the following, feel free to correct anything that is wrong, just rumours doing the rounds that I have heard.
- AH's rose and galea offered big $$ in country and seriously considering it, expect at least one of the duo gone
- todd grima's 6 match ban means he is now past the 16 week limit?? Meaning him gone from strathmore if that's the case- where does that leave Alex grima?
- Kenny gone from apw and contessa all but gone as coach
- Matt little chasing coin in the country following retirement of brother
- free and young both considering leaving the heights, more than likely gone
- expect zivvy Allison to leave strathmore after being dropped from grand final, few ammo clubs chasing him

As I said, just the silly season. all rumours at this stage. feel free to correct me in any way.

Is the 16 match ban rule even enforced in our comp? If so can someone explain how Hircoe was able to play football again?

Say Grima does play he'd be the highest paid in this comp ever wouldn't he? $40K, $30K and $30K was the deal so in year three ($30K) that's $2,500 a game for the 12 he's eligible?

M. Knight and A. Rae heading to Birchip?

Regardless if the premier lose Little x 2, Rae, Knight, Mazz retires etc. they'll top up without issue and have enough talent on the fridge with strong U18's to support!!

Shadow Master

Debutant
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Sorry to disappoint you 'puffpuffgivemo' but I am definately my own identity and do not personally know the identity of the 'milkman99', that should be made fairly clear by the fact that I take pride in my grammar in all of my posts, not to sure the milkman does, maybe that's why he is a milkman.

As mentioned in a previous post I am an impartial observer who has the luxury of going to watch the EDFL match of the round on the occasions it doesn't clash with me going to watch my AFL team, in doing so I have seen a fair bit of Strathmore, Greenvale, Aberfeldie, Keilor and Maribyrnong Park over the past 10 years, I've also had the privilege of watching all of the previously mentioned clubs bar one taste success of the ultimate kind in the past ten years.

Anyone would realise that player payments have increased, football clubs are an extension of society and the cost of living in today's society has increased since Crown Lager's were $3.70 on Cox Plate Day, but a wise person would walk across the road to buy a slab of Crown Lager's at Dan Murphy's rather than buy them from 'The Laurel Hotel'.

I get back to my initial topic for discussion, it is so imperative that the decision makers of all clubs get their CLUB structure right if they hope to have any chance of tasting the ultimate success that most CLUBS so desire, Aberfeldie have been in the top two spending clubs for some years now, maybe even at the top of the tree of outgoing funds for player payments yet they have nothing to show for it.

Maybe the player/players that have supposedly been paid substantial amounts of money to play both reserves and finals should keep those arrangements to himself as I would imagine it would leave a pretty nasty taste in the mouths of the 'True Blue' Aberfeldie players both past and present.

I'm not privileged to the inner sanctum of this club, but as an impartial observer something has to be wrong and when something is wrong there needs to be change of some sort to hopefully right the wrongs, I only hope for all of those Aberfeldie followers they do get it right, and then, just then they may be able to achieve the ultimate success in the immediate future, because you only get so many chances.

THEY ARE MIGHTY HARD TO WIN.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
It's enforced across the state, Brodie Holland and others have successfully appealed the ban in the past though.
Regarding Rose, I was told by someone playing in the O&M that he was moving up that way, how definite that is remains to be seen.

milkman99

Senior List
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good one shadow master good cop, bad cop
Smart c##t, dumb c##t just because I've been milking cows since year 7 and didn't have the opportunity to complete my schooling like you we'll educated smart c##ts

Back