EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see some debate re rooms etc.
Maybe some re "family " friendly atmosphere at EDFL. Not exactly that at Abers V west Coburg etc.
"Real" football clubs will get the jump on Oz rules clubs if junior girls / mums made feel at home. Money will follow the crowd.
Plus ground surfaces. Hope kielor have finally filled the two pot holes half way down the back straight at the Gift track.
Are grounds watered over the summer?
I think since the drought year, think it was 2009 where all the grounds were stuffed, the grounds have improved substantially. Keilor and Greenvales surface is top notch and Strathmore not far behind. Abers is good except the hard pitch that gets sticky when it rains. The only really poor standard of ground in premier is Marby.

please dont tell me its clayton hinkley he has interviewed at id suggest 15 metro clubs and everyone refused to pay his demands!
to much for him thats of course if your talking about that 25 yo ex docker
Crichton only 22, only player who was delisted that is 25 is Peter Faulks

I think since the drought year, think it was 2009 where all the grounds were stuffed, the grounds have improved substantially. Keilor and Greenvales surface is top notch and Strathmore not far behind. Abers is good except the hard pitch that gets sticky when it rains. The only really poor standard of ground in premier is Marby.

Marby's is mishaped with the mound in the middle but as fas as surfaces go there's far worse. A day of rain turns Paccos in to a mud heap and Abers centre square is like running on an ice rink all year round.

Daniel Boudoloh played at Epping last season. Can play a number of positions, was used as a tall running defender last season. Played juniors at Greenvale and played in the under 19s premiership, think he won best of ground too. Since then has played at Thomastown and Epping. Quick and awesome skills.

Saw three of the Saints recruits on their Facebook page. Don't really know much about them.

Luke Chapman, Kieran Sheehan and Daniel Boudoloh.
Luke Chapman? ex Myrtleford and Shepp Swans?
Can play a bit if him. Few other L Chapman going around. Murch? Katamatite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Chapman? ex Myrtleford and Shepp Swans?
Can play a bit if him. Few other L Chapman going around. Murch? Katamatite?

Started this season at Whittlesea then left for the Goulburn Valley league to play for Seymour.

Started this season at Whittlesea then left for the Goulburn Valley league to play for Seymour.

I hope it's not the Chapman from Murchison. Rumour is that he is on his last legs RE suspension and reregistration. Is a thug and no good for local football. Hopefully its one of the other L Chapman's running around.

I hope it's not the Chapman from Murchison. Rumour is that he is on his last legs RE suspension and reregistration. Is a thug and no good for local football. Hopefully its one of the other L Chapman's running around.

I'm pretty sure it's a different one.

Great to see 2015 Premier thread really humming along, with numerous new posters and a wide cross section of views expressed. At the equivalent time last year there had been 114 posts in the 2014 thread, whereas the 2015 thread already has 396.

I know quantity is not everything, but I personally have found most of the posts informative and interesting.

Great to see 2015 Premier thread really humming along, with numerous new posters and a wide cross section of views expressed. At the equivalent time last year there had been 114 posts in the 2014 thread, whereas the 2015 thread already has 396.

I know quantity is not everything, but I personally have found most of the posts informative and interesting.

With such quality posts as people actually believing "shags houli" is Adam and people claiming their club pays nothing in wages but everyone else is unreasonably overpaying it appears we are in for another great season of footy discussion on here.

With such quality posts as people actually believing "shags houli" is Adam and people claiming their club pays nothing in wages but everyone else is unreasonably overpaying it appears we are in for another great season of footy discussion on here.
Getting a bit cynical as you get older Abers. Yes, I agree the forum can get bogged down at times with regurgitated chestnuts such as player payments. Perhaps that grates a bit more with you than most, as Abers are most frequently the target when that subject is raised?

However by and large I reckon most of the discussions on here are reasonable, relevant and informative. Yes, I know quantity of posts does not automatically translate to quality. However I much prefer reading this thread, even with its shortcomings than some of the other moribund and stagnant threads for other leagues.

Don't think too many people have ever actually believed "shags Houli" is Adam El Houli. Or at least, not for long anyway.

Last edited:
willis.png
Getting a bit cynical as you get older Abers. Yes, I agree the forum can get bogged down at times with regurgitated chestnuts such as player payments. Perhaps that grates a bit more with you than most, as Abers are most frequently the target when that subject is raised?

However by and large I reckon most of the discussions on here are reasonable, relevant and informative. Yes, I know quantity of posts does not automatically translate to quality. However I much prefer reading this thread, even with its shortcomings than some of the other moribund and stagnant threads for other leagues.

Don't think too many people have ever actually believed "shags Houli" is Adam El Houli. Or at least, not for long anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back