EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone should be back at preseason, any new players at the clubs?

I see Keilor and Strathmore have the Good Friday match, with Easter coming early these 2 clubs get any practices matches in by Good Friday?

Mitch Gleeson returns to Abers, joining his former Northern Blues team mate Sam Cattapan. Will be handy down back especially with Luke Davis rubbed out for 12 months & Adam El Houli Deer Park bound

It said his injury would not allow him to play football at the top level. Any chance he has a go at playing in a lower level like Darcy Daniher.

I'm guessing it's going to take some time just to get the foot strong again, so while it's a possibility, it will most likely be down the track.

I remember the 1st time I saw him run and had never seen anything like it in a footballer. He was a freak. Hopefully things work out for him.

Sunbury. Tough to see a young guy leave the club. Going to be interesting who takes the centre bounces.
If it is the Sunbury Lions you are referring to I can advise this is incorrect, they completed their recruiting prior to Xmas, which has been reported in several media releases. Think you will find he will remain at EDS

If it is the Sunbury Lions you are referring to I can advise this is incorrect, they completed their recruiting prior to Xmas, which has been reported in several media releases. Think you will find he will remain at EDS

I have no idea which Sunbury. But I know he has left.

He'd been linked to the Sunbury Kangaroos previously. I couldn't see him being an upgrade on Kova who has become a more than handy player under Horwood at the Lions anyway.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

He'd been linked to the Sunbury Kangaroos previously. I couldn't see him being an upgrade on Kova who has become a more than handy player under Horwood at the Lions anyway.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
Sunbury also recruited a 2nd ruck/forward who played GVFL last season. Going to play reserves at Sunbury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure his headed for Sunbury Lions in the BFL but maybe Sunbury Kangaroos in the RDFL or East Sunbury in div2 EDFL. Realistic, his standard in being a consistent senior player is more in the RDFL or div2. Believe Sunbury Kangaroos is his destination. He won't be on big coin so won't affect the budget, but will be a handy player at best in the RDFL.

Anyone know why Tom Hill left Greenvale after only 1 season, after shopping around before the 2015 season so was on pretty good coin, so interested to hear his leaving. Ummmm

Just saw on Heidelberg's website and saw they play Paco in a practise match, 24th March.
Will be a great to see where the recruiting has them placed for this year. After a horrendous 2015. (First finals absence in 76 years*)
West Coburg the week before too.

*it seemed that long

Mitch Gleeson returns to Abers, joining his former Northern Blues team mate Sam Cattapan. Will be handy down back especially with Luke Davis rubbed out for 12 months & Adam El Houli Deer Park bound

Abers odds back into $1.50 after going out to $1.90 with the unfortunate suspension of Luke Davis. By returning to Abers, does that mean Gleeson will be only 1 point?

Clearances up and going from Monday so club's recruits will become more clearer although most of the named players seemed to have already been identified. It will more for the "unknown" players that are playing with a particular club as his mate players there or some other connection. Sometimes the "unknowns" can turn out to be very good (and cheaper)!

Anyone know why Tom Hill left Greenvale after only 1 season, after shopping around before the 2015 season so was on pretty good coin, so interested to hear his leaving. Ummmm

Gone back to his original club after they had a change of leadership. No real story there, highly likely getting less $$ in 2016.

[

Clearances up and going from Monday so club's recruits will become more clearer although most of the named players seemed to have already been identified. It will more for the "unknown" players that are playing with a particular club as his mate players there or some other connection. Sometimes the "unknowns" can turn out to be very good (and cheaper)![/QUOTE]

The best and cheapest form of recruitment these days is employment options.An apprenticeship for instance can tie up a young player at a club for 4 years with little cost to the club.Some people would be surprised by what so called high priced recruits actually get but still speculate the high price tag.

sounds like you didn't get to many games last year then…??

blowout after blowout

So watching a great team execute great football is not watchable? I was on the receiving end of a number of those blowouts last season but you have to admire the skill that was on display from the opposition. Its a pity that you cant appreciate real talent but would rather have a diluted competition with mediocre players because the scores might be closer. I would rather see class and skill running around and enjoy that.

Abers odds back into $1.50 after going out to $1.90 with the unfortunate suspension of Luke Davis. By returning to Abers, does that mean Gleeson will be only 1 point?

Clearances up and going from Monday so club's recruits will become more clearer although most of the named players seemed to have already been identified. It will more for the "unknown" players that are playing with a particular club as his mate players there or some other connection. Sometimes the "unknowns" can turn out to be very good (and cheaper)!

Yes Bear is a 1 pointer.

$1.50 - spare me. We'd be fourth in betting at the moment!

So watching a great team execute great football is not watchable? I was on the receiving end of a number of those blowouts last season but you have to admire the skill that was on display from the opposition. Its a pity that you cant appreciate real talent but would rather have a diluted competition with mediocre players because the scores might be closer. I would rather see class and skill running around and enjoy that.
While I'd agree that everyone likes to witness a high standard of footy, I'm not sure many would rate the 2015 EDFL Grand final (include the WRFL and BFL here too) as a spectacle over a few others in recent years which were tight contests from start to finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back