EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe it is more of the all teams in or no teams in rule.

If Coburg were to come in they would need to feild all of their teams in the EDFL not just the juniors. The same would apply to teams such as St. Bernard's and Sunbury if they wanted to join. They would need to come to the party with all senior and junior teams.

All leagues have different rules. The WRFL allow St Bernard's to have juniors but their seniors play in the ammos. But if you want to register a senior team, your juniors must come over to the WRFL as per Point Cook.
The Ballarat league have rules similar to the EDFL so their juniors have all the travel as well.

All leagues have different rules. The WRFL allow St Bernard's to have juniors but their seniors play in the ammos. But if you want to register a senior team, your juniors must come over to the WRFL as per Point Cook.
The Ballarat league have rules similar to the EDFL so their juniors have all the travel as well.

the seniors at Point Cook play in the VAFA dont they?

I believe it is more of the all teams in or no teams in rule.

If Coburg were to come in they would need to feild all of their teams in the EDFL not just the juniors. The same would apply to teams such as St. Bernard's and Sunbury if they wanted to join. They would need to come to the party with all senior and junior teams.

St. Bernard's wouldn't come to the EDFL as they'd be to afraid of getting pumped every week that's why they don't play practice games against EDFL teams.

If they did come in but how would they go serving alcohol at games, the snobs in the Amos thing it's good to not drink but really they don't need the revenue to fund player payments? Agree?

You are priceless Turbo. Did Ryan Jackson just decide that Pacco was such a quality club with such great people that he would just lob up? He just bleeds black and red and wants to volunteer in the canteen during the reserves.

No... he didn't like where he was playing for whatever reason (travel, work, location, club, culture, teammates etc) and decided to move to a club that could afford his wage and suited his life. Just like Angus Graham, just like Nick Lower, just like Ross, Vespremi, Harris, Warren etc and anyone else who moves to a new club. Money talks and b@llshit walks. We all know it and we live in a free market.

Are Abers spending truckloads? You bet their arse they are. So are Pascoe Vale and Greenvale. Because you cannot win the EDFL A grade flag without doing so.

So lets move on from this pointless and boring conversation. You are a hypocrite of the highest order and it's tiring. Enjoy Pacco's success if they have any. Ask Marby supporters if it was worth it. I am sure they will say yes.

How did Jacko go last weekend? I honestly think they still lack some real outside run and maybe another high half forward marking option from what I saw when they played Abers a few weeks ago. In saying that I don't think anyone defends as well as Abers, with them forcing you to go wide out of defence and make you hold onto the ball slow the ball down, allowing them to get plenty of numbers back, win the footy and then spread exceptionally well. General thoughts?

Sunbury, Melton and Melton South all field junior sides in the RDFNL.

How did Jacko go last weekend? I honestly think they still lack some real outside run and maybe another high half forward marking option from what I saw when they played Abers a few weeks ago. In saying that I don't think anyone defends as well as Abers, with them forcing you to go wide out of defence and make you hold onto the ball slow the ball down, allowing them to get plenty of numbers back, win the footy and then spread exceptionally well. General thoughts?

Pacco stronger now with Jacko but agree may need speed, Abers hard to go past but I wasn't impressed with Abers against Strathmore. Strathmore the team for me if they have everyone play, they starting to play some good footy and just need to make it.

I thought Jacko moved well and does cover the ground. Looks like a very good player. Being his first game for Pacco he probably needed to see their game style. His a good size.

Your observations are pretty fair and agree some run off half forward was lacking that day against Abers. Thought Tydell lead up well but just couldn't take a clean grab under pressure as his opponent was always close by. But he wasn't out marked and always competes hard, but Abers picked up the spoils and took off through run & carry. So I'm with you on some outside speed in that area. We probably lacked a bit of height due to injuries, and losing Robbins early didn't help.

Abers were pretty hot that day and Pacco just had a bad one. It will be a lot closer next time, but you need to be at your best to beat Abers. I think Pacco have the side to challenge but will need a bit of luck along the way. No doubt Pacco will have the support of the neutral fan, carrying the underdog tag.

Pacco stronger now with Jacko but agree may need speed, Abers hard to go past but I wasn't impressed with Abers against Strathmore. Strathmore the team for me if they have everyone play, they starting to play some good footy and just need to make it.

Just having a browse around and the edflinsider is bloody everywhere..

Is Fev coming to mascoma st in 2016?? What can you tell us. Capt/Coach most likely.. He would love your ground and with no fence behind either goal could polish off a couple of pies and a few cans when the ball is up the other end.
Surely Abers won't let you take the spotlight or will Mighty Mick pull a surprise and get him across. If so the Keilor TAB will be rocking!! Lol

Just having a browse around and the edflinsider is bloody everywhere..

Is Fev coming to mascoma st in 2016?? What can you tell us. Capt/Coach most likely.. He would love your ground and with no fence behind either goal could polish off a couple of pies and a few cans when the ball is up the other end.
Surely Abers won't let you take the spotlight or will Mighty Mick pull a surprise and get him across. If so the Keilor TAB will be rocking!! Lol

Maybe both at the same time mate if you know what I mean. Lol

Grima, Little, Grima, Fev and resting Macca. Wings unsure with Knighta crumbing.. Sounds good.

Fev off the punt too mate..

St. Bernard's wouldn't come to the EDFL as they'd be to afraid of getting pumped every week that's why they don't play practice games against EDFL teams.

If they did come in but how would they go serving alcohol at games, the snobs in the Amos thing it's good to not drink but really they don't need the revenue to fund player payments? Agree?

To make it more confusing the EDFL have allowed St Francis to enter under 10s & 12s this year.

Obviously the next three weeks are crucial and here's how I see ladder positions after Round 14.

Current: Abers, PV, GV, KEILOR, SM, MP, AH.

With Avondale having the catch up game therefore 4 opportunities Vs. 3 for others.

After Round 14:
Abers - 56 points.
Pascoe Vale - 48
Greenvale - 44
Strathmore - 32
Avondale - 28
Keilor - 28
Marbi - 24

Will make the Round 15 Avondale Vs. Strathmore clash very interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday all, what if former Keilor gun Garth returned to the EDFL as part of forward line Grima x 2, Fevola, Winter, Knight and resting McIntosh (Hamish not Ashley). Insider hearing strong rumour this is chance.

Gday all, what if former Keilor gun Garth returned to the EDFL as part of forward line Grima x 2, Fevola, Winter, Knight and resting McIntosh (Hamish not Ashley). Insider hearing strong rumour this is chance.

Now now insider, sure you aren't up on the Gold Coast playing golf with an ex Suns player.
It's not a bad forward line you have come up with, but you do need a good midfield to get the ball down there. That's Strathmore's real problem IMO as they need a good midfielder, some leg speed, and another key back, to compete with the top 3 this year. I think there forward line is reasonable with Little, Winter & Grima.

Anyway very funny post!! Is GA coming to Strathmore to pay all these blokes?? Haha

Obviously the next three weeks are crucial and here's how I see ladder positions after Round 14.

Current: Abers, PV, GV, KEILOR, SM, MP, AH.

With Avondale having the catch up game therefore 4 opportunities Vs. 3 for others.

After Round 14:
Abers - 56 points.
Pascoe Vale - 48
Greenvale - 44
Strathmore - 32
Avondale - 28
Keilor - 28
Marbi - 24

Will make the Round 15 Avondale Vs. Strathmore clash very interesting.

What's gone wrong with keilor, sitting 4th, they beat both AH and the Mores away in the first round, play these at home, will probably be near to full strength and with great % over the two you have them dropping to 6th, doesnt add up

That's quite interesting. Do you know if this is a first step to bringing St Francis seniors into EDFL?
Don't think so as parents would prefer them to go to Therry. St Francis' alignment, in the last few years, with Oak Park and Pacco juniors hasn't worked for one reason or another. EDFL has only let them have 10s and 12s this year. Their 14s are playing with one of the Abers teams. Will be interesting what the EDFL do with them in the next few years regarding 14s, 16s and 18s.

Don't think so as parents would prefer them to go to Therry. St Francis' alignment, in the last few years, with Oak Park and Pacco juniors hasn't worked for one reason or another. EDFL has only let them have 10s and 12s this year. Their 14s are playing with one of the Abers teams. Will be interesting what the EDFL do with them in the next few years regarding 14s, 16s and 18s.
Don't think they will have 14's, 16's and 18's any time soon. Just don't have the numbers. To be honest they aren't really a club in the EDFL. They need to gain support from all the other clubs before they become a fully fledge club. Can't see them getting support from the local Moreland council clubs and maybe even Strathmore.

New poster, EDFL Local. From recent history I reckon EDFL flag is done to three teams - ABERS, GVALE & PACCO. Abers need to learn from previous years and keep something in the tank for SF & GF, have to be unpredictable. GVALE - always a solid team, well drilled and great club. PACCO - the unknown, gun list and could deliver. Not sure if fourth can cause a boilover. Just some thoughts on an interesting EDFL season.

Now now insider, sure you aren't up on the Gold Coast playing golf with an ex Suns player.
It's not a bad forward line you have come up with, but you do need a good midfield to get the ball down there. That's Strathmore's real problem IMO as they need a good midfielder, some leg speed, and another key back, to compete with the top 3 this year. I think there forward line is reasonable with Little, Winter & Grima.

Anyway very funny post!! Is GA coming to Strathmore to pay all these blokes?? Haha

No I prefer a morning donut and cup of tea ol Turbs, but I bet you like a donut or three mate. Haha

Strathmore have a good midfield, Yakka, Maysy, Horne, Staudt, Purcell, and returning Lyons plus Cachia, Scotty West and Polkinghorne chance.

No I prefer a morning donut and cup of tea ol Turbs, but I bet you like a donut or three mate. Haha

Strathmore have a good midfield, Yakka, Maysy, Horne, Staudt, Purcell, and returning Lyons plus Cachia, Scotty West and Polkinghorne chance.

The amount of donuts I have depends on the size of them! Prefer an egg & bacon or a chilli pie from the bakery. Haha

Anyway back on the footy mate this is my point. May, Horne, Staudt etc are all very similar but lack that leg speed IMO. As I've stated before I've seen I lot of Cachia and have meet him a few times and can tell you the club that's gets him, "when" his ready to play local will pick up a gem. He will be chased by many clubs. Seen him a few weeks ago and he looks to have trimmed down. The kids a warrior and I would rate him as good as any big name recruit playing in the EDFL.
There is no chance of him playing local this year, and his no chance to play local next year, as he hopes to get another opportunity or he will play VFL of SANFL. I guess Strathmore are hoping he might play a few games during the VFL byes, but it's highly unlikely as Richmond make the decisions under his contract.

May as well throw in Ian Stewart and Greg Williams as well. Scott West nearly 41, hasn't played for 7 years. As good as he was, I really don't think he is going to saddle up again. Think you might be having just a bit of a lend of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back