EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies 'puffpuffgivemo', I didn't realise that the EDFL had reverted to AFL 9's..

From the point scale suggested in a previous post:

STRATHMORE ABERFELDIE
Iacobucci 5 T.Hislop 5
T.Grima 5 C.Johns 5
Leech 4 K.Reimers 5
Winter 4 M.Blake 5
M.Little 4 J.Cubillo 4
Jones 4 A.ElHouli 4
Arrowsmith 4 R.Allan 4
Horne 2 McNamara 4
Douglas 2 M.Lynch 4
Campbell 2 Patak 2

Totals 36 42

'Stuffedupgivemeago" here is a tally on a EDFL AFL'9's Grand Final with one on the bench to rotate. Not sure where you received your education, sounds Year 7 might have been the best 5 years of your life. Maybe you shouldn't post replies whilst you have been drinking!

Wouldn't a 10 year player in Winter be 1 point. Horne and Campbell 1 point given junior players at the Mores. To my knowledge T Grima never played AFL

Apologies 'puffpuffgivemo', I didn't realise that the EDFL had reverted to AFL 9's..

From the point scale suggested in a previous post:

STRATHMORE
Iacobucci 5
Grima 5
Leech 4
Winter 4
M.Little 4
Jones 4
Arrowsmith 4
Heppell 4
Douglas 2
Grima 2

Total 38

ABERFELDIE
T.Hislop 5
Johns 5
Reimers 5
Blake 5
Cubillo 4
El Houli 4
Allan 4
McNamara 4
Lynch 4
Patak 2

Total 42

'Stuffedupgivemeago" here is a tally on the 2014 EDFL AFL'9's Grand Final with one on the bench to rotate. Not sure where you received your education, sounds like Year 7 might have been the best 5 years of your life. Maybe you shouldn't post replies whilst you have been drinking!
Johns a bit stiff to get 5 points. Played more seasons and games at Abers then Essendon.

F#@k me NTTAWWTpoofgivemeaspank with those quality recruits & no one leaving the in graver better start putting Aberfeldie on the trophy the drought has broken :D:D:D:D
So with the additions Abers have made as stated by PuffPuff along with them maintaining all but a couple from last year and with the added bonus of potentially securing the services of B. McLean for 2015 is it likely they will break through the $500K payment mark???
You wouldn't expect the comp B&F winner to take a pay cut, if the ultimate clubman who gives back in spades is on $2K a game.... well he wouldn't take a cut for the betterment of the club would he??? Then it's highly likely!
Or have they actually smashed through the $500K barrier?? If this is true can someone tell me how that is a positive for EDFL football or local footy in general?

Wouldn't a 10 year player in Winter be 1 point. Horne and Campbell 1 point given junior players at the Mores. To my knowledge T Grima never played AFL

Yes, there is no doubt that Shadow Masters points allocation is fundamentally flawed.

Iaccabucci played 4 AFL games 9 years ago, yet he is allocated 5 points. If he plays until he is 40 does he still cop 5 points under Shadow Masters logic?

Todd Grima was delisted by Geelong in 2007 without playing an AFL game, yet he is given 5 points.
Winter has played 10 years at the Mores, but still cops 4 points. Will he never be allowed any discount?
Arrowsmith and Jones have both played 3 seasons at Strathmore, but both still attract 4 points.

I am sure that someone more familiar with Abers players could point out similar erroneous allocation of points for their players.

Last edited:
Yes, there is no doubt that Shadow Masters points allocation are fundamentally flawed.
Iaccabucci played 4 AFL games 9 years ago, yet he is allocated 5 points. If he plays until he is 40 does he still cop 5 points under Shadow Masters logic?

Todd Grima was delisted by Geelong in 2007 without playing an AFL game, yet he is given 5 points.
Winter has played 10 years at the Mores, but still cops 4 points.
Arrowsmith and Jones have both played 3 seasons at Strathmore, but both still attract 4 points.

I am sure that someone more familiar with Abers players could point out similar erroneous allocation of points for their players.
The words 'vary' and 'suggested' actually have a meaning to them.

Maybe there does need to be a sliding points scale on games played within the AFL, a variation that might apply from competition to competition.

Totally agree that there needs to be some sort of reward for loyalty, not to sure whether 3 years is a degree of loyalty just yet!
Another variation that perhaps might apply from competition to competition!

For memory Jones has had a split career at Strathmore, not to sure where the loyalty comes in there!

I think we all agree there is a lot of terms and conditions to be put in place before the points system comes to fruition, I'm sure AFL Victoria will be all over this one.

'THE SOONER THE BETTER'

'YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAN FOR'

'INTERESTING TIMES AHEAD FOR SOME CLUBS'

So with the additions Abers have made as stated by PuffPuff along with them maintaining all but a couple from last year and with the added bonus of potentially securing the services of B. McLean for 2015 is it likely they will break through the $500K payment mark???
You wouldn't expect the comp B&F winner to take a pay cut, if the ultimate clubman who gives back in spades is on $2K a game.... well he wouldn't take a cut for the betterment of the club would he??? Then it's highly likely!
Or have they actually smashed through the $500K barrier?? If this is true can someone tell me how that is a positive for EDFL football or local footy in general?
Think albury might still shade abers for $'s. Not just game payments , but air tickets etc.
Would be a good pracci match. Maybe John L and mr Joss can arrange to raise funds for James McQillan?

So to make way for the new batch of 6 to 7 $1000+ recruits which under performing (Mal Michael's words) mercenaries got the chop to make way?? Do you get paid in the two's?? Maybe more when McLean and Austin collect their sign-on's

Reimers, El Houli, Hislop, Johns, McNamara, Oswald, Lynch??

So to make way for the new batch of 6 to 7 $1000+ recruits which under performing (Mal Michael's words) mercenaries got the chop to make way?? Do you get paid in the two's?? Maybe more when McLean and Austin collect their sign-on's

Reimers, El Houli, Hislop, Johns, McNamara, Oswald, Lynch??

Throw in 1st locks like Cubby, Patax, Blake, Toy, Davis, Daniher, Rush, Cattapan, Hislop + more

Those under graduating 18's better have their alarm clocks set for 10am unless the EDFL have extended benches of 10 this season and Ive missed it.

Grima was afl listed, I'm not sure whether a points system is weighted towards games played or whether simply being on a list = maximum points.

Also, the trolling going on here is blatantly obvious.. try not to get sucked in by the bullshit

Grima was afl listed, I'm not sure whether a points system is weighted towards games played or whether simply being on a list = maximum points.

Also, the trolling going on here is blatantly obvious.. try not to get sucked in by the bullshit
Thanks for the advice Bluejet l won't;)

On other clubs improving - I agree that Craigieburn should be a powerhouse and perhaps it'll realise in 5 - 10 years times when children from those younger families who've bought property are able to play but it hasn't happened yet and I wonder why?

We expect to have as many as 13 (probably more) junior teams in 2015 and the club has 7 kids up at Calder right now which I believe is its highest representation.

Personally, I think the club is still too distant from the community. You seldom read about it in the local rag and things like that Cannons representation should be shouted loud and proud. Didn't read one thing in our paper about the clubs Premierships, although the arrival of the Clokes finally got some news paper coverage.

There is massive potential up at Craigieburn, of that there is no doubt, and they probably should be a powerhouse now, but for some reason they aren't. I saw enough this season to feel that may be just around the corner and to try and help that eventuate. I think they've started off on the right note by getting some experience to guide around those talented U18 year olds that we have.

We expect to have as many as 13 (probably more) junior teams in 2015 and the club has 7 kids up at Calder right now which I believe is its highest representation.

Personally, I think the club is still too distant from the community. You seldom read about it in the local rag and things like that Cannons representation should be shouted loud and proud. Didn't read one thing in our paper about the clubs Premierships, although the arrival of the Clokes finally got some news paper coverage.

There is massive potential up at Craigieburn, of that there is no doubt, and they probably should be a powerhouse now, but for some reason they aren't. I saw enough this season to feel that may be just around the corner and to try and help that eventuate. I think they've started off on the right note by getting some experience to guide around those talented U18 year olds that we have.

Serious question, does Craigieburn lose many kids to go and play at Greenvale and are any of the current Greenvale senior players actually grow up in Craigieburn.. I am fairly sure Kuret played jnrs in the brown and white didn't he, or was it woodend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question, does Craigieburn lose many kids to go and play at Greenvale and are any of the current Greenvale senior players actually grow up in Craigieburn.. I am fairly sure Kuret played jnrs in the brown and white didn't he, or was it woodend?
Yeah Eric kuret is from craigieburn originally

Don't think he ever played senior footy there....

They lose a few but not many go on to play senior footy for Greenvale.

This is why they are looking at a points system 500 k not bad for a not for profit club how much GST is paid or PAYG that's one club from one leaugue
WOW

Sounds like some of those $$$ could be used to get a publicity officer onboard ;) I used to work local papers and the best sources were in fact the clubs, more importantly those who were proactive and alerted us to news, milestones, achievements like suggested above. Surely with the beauty of email someone could tip off the Leader about it and ask them to come out, meet the kids, take a pic etc etc.

Might give the club some editorial space dispel the myths about the lets be honest "ridiculuous" reports of what the Clokes are receiving to play Division 2 Football, and also getting the balance right to keep local kids, parents, sponsors etc supportive.

You appear very passionate AuckMel about the club, perhaps you could be the one to drive the publicity campaign?

Sounds like some of those $$$ could be used to get a publicity officer onboard ;) I used to work local papers and the best sources were in fact the clubs, more importantly those who were proactive and alerted us to news, milestones, achievements like suggested above. Surely with the beauty of email someone could tip off the Leader about it and ask them to come out, meet the kids, take a pic etc etc.

Might give the club some editorial space dispel the myths about the lets be honest "ridiculuous" reports of what the Clokes are receiving to play Division 2 Football, and also getting the balance right to keep local kids, parents, sponsors etc supportive.

Great points and definitely comes back to the club not being closer to the community.

You appear very passionate AuckMel about the club, perhaps you could be the one to drive the publicity campaign?

I'm certainly happy to do whatever I can to help out, but 2015 might not be the year I can go at it full tilt, but 2016 will certainly be the case.

Great get for West Coburg and the EDFL, are they moving to Coburg City Oval permanently, as you would hope to train on your home deck especially after giving up what was a massive home ground advantage at Shore reserve.

Speaking to someone I used to work with a couple years back his son plays juniors at west.... Said back then the club was aiming to one day have city oval as its permanent home...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back