EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Robin is out with the Justice League.

Last time i saw Pascoe Vale the surface (not the facilities, viewing pleasure or visability from the bar) were worse than Marby.

Wouldn't it be great if clubs could show other game quarter time scores either on the scoreboard or even an announcement over a speaker system. Whatever is more cost efficient to set up. Suggest a speaker system where someone from the club gets results and gets on the speaker each quarter as some scoreboards are manned by kids..
I know it can be found on the web but think this would be great and take no longer than 2mins to announce..

"Just my thought for the day"

Wouldn't it be great if clubs could show other game quarter time scores either on the scoreboard or even an announcement over a speaker system. Whatever is more cost efficient to set up. Suggest a speaker system where someone from the club gets results and gets on the speaker each quarter as some scoreboards are manned by kids..
I know it can be found on the web but think this would be great and take no longer than 2mins to announce..

NFL have had matchday updates for years. West Preston used to put the around the ground scores up in the social rooms at the end of every qtr. wouldn't be hard for edfl clubs to do the same.

love your work across here and GVFL, especially about the Sheminator who isnt restricted by the legal stuff about coaching Ky (he is getting great raps from their players) but get rid of the quotes, you are sounding like Winston Churchill.

P.S. they made big bid on Sikora, was nearly at the counting the chickens stage

Nth saints ground and airport west goal squares
Grounds out 10
Keilor 9
Greenvale 9
AH 8
Abers 7
Strathmore 6
APW 6
Pacco 5
NS 5
WC 4
MP 4
Facilities (visitors rooms)
Greenvale 9
Keilor 8
APW 8
AH 7
Abers 7
MP 7
Pacco 6
NS 6
WC (haven't been there for several years)
Strathmore 2 there visitors rooms are a joke, embarrassing

Grounds out 10
Keilor 9
Greenvale 9
AH 8
Abers 7
Strathmore 6
APW 6
Pacco 5
NS 5
WC 4
MP 4
Greenvale 9
Keilor 8
APW 8
AH 7
Abers 7
MP 7
Pacco 6
NS 6
Are these ground ratings at the start of year when most grounds are out their best or are they at the end of July when you get a true indication on who has the best ground & as for visitors change rooms unless Abers have built new ones they would be lucky to get a 4
Compared to the big country leagues EDFL visitors rooms are a disgrace

Are these ground ratings at the start of year when most grounds are out their best or are they at the end of July when you get a true indication on who has the best ground & as for visitors change rooms unless Abers have built new ones they would be lucky to get a 4
Compared to the big country leagues EDFL visitors rooms are a disgrace

Well with water restrictions now off, they are all miles better than 4-5 years ago, I consider the surface, and shape as only 3 or 4 are true ovals, others have definite bias of levels eg creek side or East side MP.
Weather does play a huge part, Greenvale is the best regardless.
Yeh I'll agree Abers aways isn't a 7.

Grounds out 10
Keilor 9
Greenvale 9
AH 8
Abers 7
Strathmore 6
APW 6
Pacco 5
NS 5
WC 4
MP 4
Greenvale 9
Keilor 8
APW 8
AH 7
Abers 7
MP 7
Pacco 6
NS 6

IMO the league should make a requirement that club visitor change rooms are a specific size etc. A club like Strathmore has a lot of money to outbid clubs for players, so why isn't some of this money used to fix the rooms. The league needs to improve its facilities and this would be a move in right direction..

IMO the league should make a requirement that club visitor change rooms are a specific size etc. A club like Strathmore has a lot of money to outbid clubs for players, so why isn't some of this money used to fix the rooms. The league needs to improve its facilities and this would be a move in right direction..

It amazes me how they get away with, wonder what some of the blokes who come straight from AFL to EDFL for big $s thnk when they arrive at places like at OP for instance.
Guess the cash softens the blow.

Turbos mail said:
QUOTE="Sickofthecrap, post: 37187921, member: 159781"]It amazes me how they get away with, wonder what some of the blokes who come straight from AFL to EDFL for big $s thnk when they arrive at places like at OP for instance.
Guess the cash softens the blow.[/QUOTE]

was watching cricket at strathmore a few weeks ago and went into the rooms for a refreshment and plans were on the wall for new change room facilities
-s more ,visitors ,first aid and umpires starting very soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I no there no longer in premier division but what about playing surface and viewing area at Essendon Doutta stars!

Watching from the two elevated balconies and the ground since being redone is superb.

Turbos mail said:

It amazes me how they get away with, wonder what some of the blokes who come straight from AFL to EDFL for big $s thnk when they arrive at places like at OP for instance.
Guess the cash softens the blow.

was watching cricket at strathmore a few weeks ago and went into the rooms for a refreshment and plans were on the wall for new change room facilities
-s more ,visitors ,first aid and umpires starting very soon.[/QUOTE]

About time

Re upgrade of club facilities, club rooms, change rooms etc, is it the club or council's responsibility to fund any improvements? Or do they both have to contribute? Perhaps Strathmore have been trying to get council approval and funding for some time. I genuinely don't know.

A heap of money was spent on a major upgrade to the ground surface 5-6years ago. Perhaps council have been reluctant to outlay any more money on upgrading change rooms until now.

Re upgrade of club facilities, club rooms, change rooms etc, is it the club or council's responsibility to fund any improvements? Or do they both have to contribute? Perhaps Strathmore have been trying to get council approval and funding for some time. I genuinely don't know.

A heap of money was spent on a major upgrade to the ground surface 5-6years ago. Perhaps council have been reluctant to outlay any more money on upgrading change rooms until now.
generally it takes contributions from both parties to get any sort of improvements sorted.

West Coburg will be playing all but two of their home games at Coburg's Piranha Park(Coburg City Oval).
Only two games will be at Shore Reserve

My past experiences have found it to be mostly council funded, which I would thought is the right way to go about it. We did make minor improvements without funding. Getting the funding is another thing altogether.

In Premier Division
Northern Saints, West Coburg & Pascoe Vale have worse surfaces. When Abers gets wet the ground surfaces falls away very quickly.

Greenvale, Strathmore and Avondale hold up well in the wet conditions

Since Keilor has been redone the surface is IMO the best in the comp, besides the double line marking last year.
A strange coincidence that the grounds you mentioned as being the worst are under the control of the Moreland Council.

generally it takes contributions from both parties to get any sort of improvements sorted.
My past experiences have found it to be mostly council funded, which I would thought is the right way to go about it. We did make minor improvements without funding. Getting the funding is another thing altogether.
Thanks guys, I suppose when councils are dealing with ratepayers money they need to be prudent when doling out funds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back