EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

The councils do have a major responsibility to all sports and clubs to offer assistance and finances. That being said, the clubs and league need to work tirelessly to get these grants, as council will not just hand the cash out.

The fight in Moreland is definitely on and the Saints, West Coburg and even Pacco will need to work tooth and nail for anything they get. At the end of the day if council don't offer the cash, those clubs need to up their fundraising efforts or be left behind.

Pacco are still recruiting, so stay tuned big footy followers might have something to further strengthen my belief that Pacco will be top 3 in 2015.
Has Sportsbet opened as I'm keen to get on the Pacco Panther train.. It's moving full steam ahead.,
*Is David "Morgs" Morgan intending to go out with a bang and take his beloved panthers all the way..

Also de c h
The councils do have a major responsibility to all sports and clubs to offer assistance and finances. That being said, the clubs and league need to work tirelessly to get these grants, as council will not just hand the cash out.

The fight in Moreland is definitely on and the Saints, West Coburg and even Pacco will need to work tooth and nail for anything they get. At the end of the day if council don't offer the cash, those clubs need to up their fundraising efforts or be left behind.

Hopefully the moreland council read yhe report published in the Hsun that said every $ invested in local footy returns $4 back To t he community.

After watching Carltons first game last night how on earth is Brock McLean still not on the Carlton list? Good on Abers for securing his services but surely he got brownlow votes in his last game and with only Gibbs, Murphy and Judd to come back into their midfeild I reckon Brock is stiff

Pacco are still recruiting, so stay tuned big footy followers might have something to further strengthen my belief that Pacco will be top 3 in 2015.
Has Sportsbet opened as I'm keen to get on the Pacco Panther train.. It's moving full steam ahead.,
*Is David "Morgs" Morgan intending to go out with a bang and take his beloved panthers all the way..
Love the enthusiasm Turbo's but try keeping a lid on it or we will have to clear you to Aberfeldie.

Trust me, the Northern Saints have been working tirelessly for at least 10 years with many representations to the council and local parliamentarians; Federal, State as well as local councilors. They have done all council has told them this includes; applying for grants, getting quotes, doing their own work and supplying professional plans. This has been done with extremely minimal success. In regards to fundraising the Northern Saints work extremely hard. That being said, all the Northern Saints want is for the council to supply and maintain adequate facilities.

Last edited:
Too late to get on the Panthers, Turbos. Apparently Sportsbet have closed the books. Pacco now unbackable favourites for the flag.

Last edited:
Too late to get on the Panthers Turbos. Apparently Sportsbet have closed the books. Pacco now unbackable favourites for the flag.

Stax on the mill & The good oil,
All good boys just throwing in a bit banter. Appreciate the replies and good to see it's fun and not abusive.
I'm getting toey waiting for the pre season games to begin for a footy fix..

Will be one of the best seasons in years with the quality of players in this division.

Good luck to everyone's teams..

PS: the thing I like personally about this top division is the crowds are generally well behaved with little abuse towards opposition players (some banter is good) so credit to all clubs.. This is why the good players keep returning to this competion..

Just on Marby I'm hearing some goss that Jackson Barling's back is not good and will struggle this year. That's big news as the big fellow was supposed to hold down CHB this year. Hope it's not true, but if my mail is good will really affect him as he does play a physical brand of footy..
Mick can you shed any light on this??

Just on Marby I'm hearing some goss that Jackson Barling's back is not good and will struggle this year. That's big news as the big fellow was supposed to hold down CHB this year. Hope it's not true, but if my mail is good will really affect him as he does play a physical brand of footy..
Mick can you shed any light on this??
Big Jacko Will be ready to play when season starts.
He will still be a force to reckon with , watch out all you forwards!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up a few handy types which will add some experience to our young group.
Watch out for the Northern Saints. True, they do not have the high priced and big name players of the other premier division clubs but the 'Saints are training like a real finals prospect. A champion team will beat a team of champions!

Watch out for the Northern Saints. True, they do not have the high priced and big name players of the other premier division clubs but the 'Saints are training like a real finals prospect. A champion team will beat a team of champions!

There whole list would have to become 30% better from last year to even get close to finals.
They've lost a fair bit of talent, haven't replaced it and only just missed out on relegation last season.

There whole list would have to become 30% better from last year to even get close to finals.
They've lost a fair bit of talent, haven't replaced it and only just missed out on relegation last season.
There were times last season when the saints played played extremely well against bigger and more talented teams.
They have lost talented players and do not have any notable recruits. It will be a challenge to avoid relegation, but not impossible. Their players are not on big coin, but if they are dedicated to the cause, who knows.

There were times last season when the saints played played extremely well against bigger and more talented teams.
They have lost talented players and do not have any notable recruits. It will be a challenge to avoid relegation, but not impossible. Their players are not on big coin, but if they are dedicated to the cause, who knows.

Agree with these comments. I would be interested to understand the reason why Stocco and Ferraro decided against going back to the Saints.. Was it due to money, as if I'm correct the Saints don't pay much and would be working to a budget below <150k. I know Stocco is expecting his first child and wanted a job, so could do with the extra income..

Agree with these comments. I would be interested to understand the reason why Stocco and Ferraro decided against going back to the Saints.. Was it due to money, as if I'm correct the Saints don't pay much and would be working to a budget below <150k. I know Stocco is expecting his first child and wanted a job, so could do with the extra income..

I reckon it would be under 80k

Just remember I told you first.. We may have lost 3 good players but as I wrote A champion team will beat a team of champions. That being stated the 'Saints beat Aberfeldie at Aberfeldie, pushed Strathmore at Strathmore in their first year in Premier Division. There were multiple goal kickers and it was difficult to pick the best players in those games AND last year was the most even year for a long time both at the top and at the bottom. Any other year 4 wins would have comfortably kept you in Premier Division.

Last edited:
They certainly left for the money. But who can blame them? If your personal circumstances are that you require additional income then you go with that. If the Saints are not able to significantly raise their player payment budget in years to come, they will have to go back to Div 1 or Div 2 to be competitive. Having said that, they have managed to field teams with a reasonable amount of talent and determination on a shoestring budget. I wonder how other premier clubs would go on the same budget.

They certainly left for the money. But who can blame them? If your personal circumstances are that you require additional income then you go with that. If the Saints are not able to significantly raise their player payment budget in years to come, they will have to go back to Div 1 or Div 2 to be competitive. Having said that, they have managed to field teams with a reasonable amount of talent and determination on a shoestring budget. I wonder how other premier clubs would go on the same budget.

They certainly left for the money. But who can blame them? - Based on this statement there is ZERO loyalty left in Local Footy. The game is stuffed, over and out

Just remember I told you first.. We may have lost 3 good players but as I wrote A champion team will beat a team of champions. That being stated the 'Saints beat Aberfeldie at Aberfeldie, pushed Strathmore at Strathmore in their first year in Premier Division. There were multiple goal kickers and it was difficult to pick the best players in those games AND last year was the most even year for a long time both at the top and at the bottom. Any other year 4 wins would have comfortably kept you in Premier Division.

I like your enthusiasm Kaboose but they'd have to replicate that Abers game for 18 games to play finals.
I'm not saying they couldn't improve but with the way local footy is played these days and the list they have, will be very hard to get near a finals spot.
How's there depth looking for this season ? Will there 18's and 2's be a little stronger

Should be a interesting according to fellow posters on there teams prospects for the year @ the moment 8 sides can play finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back