EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, I thought only West, Bytel and Browning made that squad?
And definitely a no made this account a few years ago without thinking just realised how to change it! Hawkers through and through mate.
GL to the all the young fellas playing tomorrow, going to be a ripper day by the looks of it, 19 and sunny nothing like it

Who knows what the Abers coach is asking from his team, but it appears he's maybe not getting it or it could simply be players from lower division are in good, confident form.

Evans didn't make metro team but has scored a few goals so far this season. Any loss of goals against EDS will be felt by every other team this season.

On a much happier note, was told tonight that Sigs is back home recovering :)

doutta stars might be in a bit of trouble today, in the last few games they have been lacking another leader. They need someone to really step up. Can't rely on the big boys every week.

doutta stars might be in a bit of trouble today, in the last few games they have been lacking another leader. They need someone to really step up. Can't rely on the big boys every week.

Spot on comment - Whilst I think they will win comfortably today, there appears to be a far to heavy requirement for Caluzzi & Rayner to play well against the better opposition for EDS to win. Whilst those two boys are extremely tough to stop, the risk is if you can curve their impact, no one else is really showing they can have similar impact for them.

Spot on comment - Whilst I think they will win comfortably today, there appears to be a far to heavy requirement for Caluzzi & Rayner to play well against the better opposition for EDS to win. Whilst those two boys are extremely tough to stop, the risk is if you can curve their impact, no one else is really showing they can have similar impact for them.
Yes! A couple of weeks ago when west coburg went up against EDS they fouced on stopping caluzzi and rayner and almost took the win but sadly dropped off last 15 minutes

100% agree with you fellas, Caluzzi and Rayner are a vital part of the team.
They do have a lot of talented kids but I agree they need to take their game to another level as well, for the team

Great great win by Abers over EDS. Brilliant effort by all the boys today. One little scuffle but otherwise no incidents to speak of. From what I'm hearing abers still have a few more players to come back. Any other results known today!!

Who knows what the Abers coach is asking from his team, but it appears he's maybe not getting it or it could simply be players from lower division are in good, confident form.

Evans didn't make metro team but has scored a few goals so far this season. Any loss of goals against EDS will be felt by every other team this season.

On a much happier note, was told tonight that Sigs is back home recovering :)
Evans did make the metro squad but not the actual vic team
And great to hear with cigs

abers played great team footy.Used it very well, hit targets and ran harder .neicho was fantastic .Under rated player.Great game and eds had their chances in a tight last quarter
Too much left to too little by by eds . Caluzzi was awesome though and did his best to get his side up.

Cmon guys, credit where credit is due. Great coaching by Maysie today. Strathmore may just be the sleeping giant. Players starting to believe in Senior team structures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

west meadows may still be dangerous even after their loss to strathmore. Probably weren't expecting it and played poorly, sounds like strathmore played well too. When strathmore play well their opposition plays badly as seen against wc in their 1 goal loss or whatever it was. So I wouldn't ride off west meadows being a finals chance. But as to strathmore being a sleeping giant, going to have to ask you to get real on that one mate.

Footylover229 agree westmeadows may make finals ONLY because of the points they brought over from div2.
I think Club7 may be nick reiwoldt and still suffering severe concussion. Good luck club7 with your recovery.

west meadows may still be dangerous even after their loss to strathmore. Probably weren't expecting it and played poorly, sounds like strathmore played well too. When strathmore play well their opposition plays badly as seen against wc in their 1 goal loss or whatever it was. So I wouldn't ride off west meadows being a finals chance. But as to strathmore being a sleeping giant, going to have to ask you to get real on that one mate.
Never seen Westmeadows and they must have performed week 1 however getting beaten today may be a better indication of how they will go in the top division.

In reality it is only EDS Allstars, Keilor and Abers that will be there when the whips get cracking.

The gulf between Div 1 and Div 2 must be huge going by Greenvales results over the past two weeks - they had a 100 plus point win today but each week were on the other side of that score line in Div 1

Went to watch EDS Allstars and Abers today. Abers proved team beats individuals.

An earlier post went at the umpires but in my opinion they did ok - pretty consistent. They did miss a few basic ones especially when a centre square infringement went against Abers and Caluzzi grabbed the ball and launched it forward - even though he was not the EDS Allstars ruckman. Similar situation late when Raynor ran 50 metres to grab the ball to take an out on the full free.

Seemed to me that when the big 2 didn't hit the scoreboard EDS Allstars didn't have much else.

Thought the game was played in good spirits and was a great example of EDFL footy

Can someone explain how a team gets belted by west coburg then come out and beats the unbeatable. Footy's a strange game.
Looks like players that came in were better than the players that missed out. Also, there were enough players on the bench to run the game out. There weren't any players to rotate last week.

Neicho clearly BOG, Bytel next best. Caluzzi and Rayner clearly EDS best.
The EDS v Abers game was a brilliant display of junior football.

Keilor another big win against a struggling Hillside. WC continue to impress and Strathmore(sleeping giants) are back on the winners list.

Love to hear a summary of the other games.

cant wait to see a game between west coburg vs keilor
i think it will be a very close and hard game!!
One to watch!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back