EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

It's fact.
last years and 2 seasons results prove it.
On big grounds in finals... i.e tulla and Keilor park and east Sunbury.
Eds beat west coburg and ABERS beat west coburg in under 14s in 2013

And then last year
Keilor beat west coburg.
No disrespect to the boys at wests but due to the home ground they play on they then struggle outside that! I'm sure they have some very good players. But it's not about your top 6 what about your bottom 6

Okay mate, whatever you say, a lot of new gun players added to the side and a few top players overcoming injury. I understand what you mean because it has been true the past few years but that's all about to change this year no doubts

Round 1 preview -
Greenvale V Hillside
I don't know a hell of a lot about greenvale. But so many departures from hillside this season makes them extremely vulnerable. My tip Hillside 17 points.

Craigieburn V Strathmore
Not much out of strathmore, craigieburn could give them quite a touch up I believe they finished 4th in this comp 2 years ago. Craigieburn by 45 points.

Aberfeldie V West Coburg.
Plenty of additions to west coburg apparently which would make them hard to beat? But aberfeldies quality and being played @ aberfeldie on a big ground is a different prospect. Abers to win comfortably 27 points.

Essendon Doutta Stars V Keilor
Inclusions galore at eds. Can they gel first up and beat the best team in this division? Eds do have a 7 game winning streak over Keilor in under 16 a grade footy. Can the likes of hitch caines Pickering and cousins and co. match rayner Caluzzi Roumeliotis and co.
Eds by 15 points.

Round 1 preview -
Greenvale V Hillside
I don't know a hell of a lot about greenvale. But so many departures from hillside this season makes them extremely vulnerable. My tip Hillside 17 points.

Craigieburn V Strathmore
Not much out of strathmore, craigieburn could give them quite a touch up I believe they finished 4th in this comp 2 years ago. Craigieburn by 45 points.

Plenty of additions to west coburg apparently which would make them hard to beat? But aberfeldies quality and being played @ aberfeldie on a big ground is a different prospect. Abers to win comfortably 27 points.

Inclusions galore at eds. Can they gel first up and beat the best team in this division? Eds do have a 7 game winning streak over Keilor in under 16 a grade footy. Can the likes of hitch caines Pickering and cousins and co. match rayner Caluzzi Roumeliotis and co.
Eds by 15 points.
Do you footy gurus have a life or do you just find pleasure talking about junior football, and s**t talk players who are just running around kicking a ball

Round 1 preview -
Greenvale V Hillside

Craigieburn V Strathmore

Eds by 15 points.
I'm hearing Greenvale are extremely weak, I think they will finish 8th.

I think many are underestimating Hillside. Yes they lost 3 good top age players. But they had 3 good players who played div 4 two years ago. Plus have 6 elite bottom age kids who didn't play div 1 two years ago.

They were undefeated u14 div 1 last year.

I think many are underestimating Hillside. Yes they lost 3 good top age players. But they had 3 good players who played div 4 two years ago. Plus have 6 elite bottom age kids who didn't play div 1 two years ago.

I think hillside will battle with Craigieburn for the last finals spot

Will be interesting to see how the season pans out - putting the "elite" tag on 6 bottom age is a pretty big call - life at under 16 level tends to even out a few who have been able to be elite at u14 level due to size. This changes when the majority of opponents have caught up

I think success at this level more revolves around the perceived "bottom" six as most teams best kids are all about equal. Good coaching and structures start to kick in. Last years 16:1 grand final was won by the team that had fewer stars but were coached well and understood their roles.

Does anyone have an opinion on the coaches at this level or at least on the system that the clubs are looking to implement.

I hear that Strathmore have a senior player doing their 16's who is really well regarded and that Scott West is running their coaching development programme - that seems to be a move in the right direction.

I also know Abers have done a lot of work around a club philosophy on the way they play.

Going forward I reckon that type of system will only make clubs stronger as kids seek out the best system for themselves

I think hillside will battle with Craigieburn for the last finals spot
Hard to see that happening, hillside a club on the verge of collapsing, and can't really rely on the bottom age kids to lead the group. Craigieburn however has had a solid preseason with a former western jets coach, i believe thats leading the front, hard to see hillside giving their opposition a lot of competition but we will see come sunday

Mate there is honestly no need for that type of arrogance, I don't see a problem with having a public conversation regarding under 16 football and if you don't like it best you leave the forum
Cheers
Completely agree very protective of his west coburg boys. I hope they can produce to your standards.

Mate there is honestly no need for that type of arrogance, I don't see a problem with having a public conversation regarding under 16 football and if you don't like it best you leave the forum
Cheers

Indeed. You only have to look over some of the older threads to see some of the kids we've talked about now plying their trade in the AFL, Cannons or Jets and on the verge of senior selection on a week to week basis.

This coming from a Doutta member, all your club has done over the last number of seasons is poach all the local talent. How about you try and find some local kids and create a decent team rather than sweet talk young boys to believe your club is the promised land. Remember who got relegated last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish you guys would get your facts right before posting crap
Hillside have only lost 3 players with 1 of them returning to his home club Keilor

Just joined the forum and find this thread really interesting. I can pass comment on quite a few of the players and teams from close experience. Speaking to Craigieburn players, they don't expect much and only expect to stay up because a couple of other teams are poorer than they are. EDS will be very tough to beat this year with their inclusions but not a lot in the way of depth if injuries kick in. Strathmore lost 4 or 5 better players from their u14 div 1 team last year and the u16 were smacked around a fair bit last year so could be a very tough year for them. Keilor will be very strong and are quietly confident. Hillside u14's did have a few very good players last year and were unbeaten so may be around the same mark as Craigieburn. Abers will be pretty strong and do have a few good inclusions but may not be strong enough for both EDS & Keilor. West Coburg inclusions this year (DaQuino & Monago were last year) will struggle on bigger grounds as they usually do. Looking forward to a cracking season and reading some more considered comments on this thread.

Anthony daquino and josh rocco are up their with the best of them, very underrated players
I don't know Josh Rocco but DaQuino very overrated. Timid, slow & unfit. Might sound a good player as his Dad SCREAMS "well done Ant" every time he has the ball and does something good, then quiet as a mouse when he doesn't do something so good.

This coming from a Doutta member, all your club has done over the last number of seasons is poach all the local talent. How about you try and find some local kids and create a decent team rather than sweet talk young boys to believe your club is the promised land. Remember who got relegated last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this proof you have of eds poaching ... About as substantial as ASADA.

Ben Smokrovic is ready to play round 1. He also play both games for Cannons at the Metro Carnival so that shows he hasn't lost that skill.

Players to watch out for during season 2015:
A-grade
Keilor – Mohammed Moustafa, Luke Hitch, Riley Caines, Zac Bulzomi, Trent Cousins, Bailey Borg, David Tonkich, Jackson Norton-Reid, Jake Camilleri, Joel Pickering, Connor Frantti-Glen, Joel Sadler, Curtis Taylor, Jonathon Paraskevopoulos
Douttas – Ben Caluzzi, Patrick Brookes, Cameron Rayner, Chad Sir, John Roumeliotis, Sebastian Kochary, James Scully, Liam McBride, Noah Balta, Jackson Connor, Mark Furnari, Luke Palombo, Justin Cappelletti, Nick Millman, Mark Mazzeo
Aberfeldie – Ben Smokrovic, Zain Neicho, Connor Tuan, Daniel Hanna, Mitchell Podhajski, Riley Scarce, Dalton Comito, Jack Bytel
West Coburg – Matthew Borg, Jayden Murat, Tom Jennings, Pat Martin, Josh Rocco, Zak Saad, Jonah Rebeschini
Craigieburn – Aaron Vendramini, Brock Chircop, Michael Tabacco, Jordan Griffin, Aaron Tsafcas, Tye Browning, Luke Szala
Hillside – Colin Ko, Jamie Nardone, James Mifsud, Jaksyn Grant
Strathmore – Thomas Markey, Rhylee West, Kyle Weightman
Greenvale – Reshan Wijayanayake, Samuel Warby, Corey Baker
B-grade to D-grade
Glenroy – Jedd Gibson, Reid Nilsson, Mahmoud El-Achkar, Karlos Tumu, Khaled Taha
Westmeadows – Jordan Hollow, Ryan Stingle, Corey Field, Tyrone Parsons, Reece Desira
Moonee Valley – William Agius, Luke Rotunno? Riyad Aboueid, Zac Di Giuseppe, Jesse Dench
Maribyrnong Park – Daniel Oliver? Jordan Bradley-Dean, Zakk Beckinsale, Lachy Consiglio?
Airport West – Thomas Muscat, Luke Merrett, Dion Crifo, Jack Deoki
Oak Park – Corey Littlewood, Kane O’Halloran, Liam Porter, Mason Carburn
Avondale Heights – Andy Trang, Luke Gallo, Anthony Bonaguro
Taylors Lakes – Matthew Galea, Cooper Sim, Torey Larizza
Hadfield – Talat Moustafa, Hyssam Khalil
Roxburgh Park – Dylan Exposito, Walid Chaaban
East Sunbury – Pucho Paye, Richard Leenaars
East Keilor – Mitchell Celantano, Darren Walters
Northern Saints – Jake D’Arro
Pascoe Vale – Brad King
Burnside Heights – Brae Kane
This is quite an extensive and thorough list with a lot of names that are lucky to be pulled out, however might have forgotten a few. Question marks around some player’s names because of uncertainty towards whether they have moved to another club. Looking towards the top, I believe that division one will be a two horse race (Keilor & Douttas) with Aberfeldie lurking as a dark horse in the u16 competition, by the way any news on Smokrovic and his injured hand?
A few added that probably are lucky to be in and a few missing that should be in. Agree that Douttas n Keilor are ones to beat with Abers best of the rest.

Abers had 8 or so in the cannons u15 squads which is a big number from 1 club. They also had 5 or so in u16 cannons squad.

Craigieburn to win by 5 or 6 goals, Keilor to win by under 10 points, Abers to win by 3 or 4 goals, hillside to win by under 10 points.

Aberfeldie did a big number on west coburg today 30 point winners. 27 shots on goal to 12 massive result there.
Eds massive winners over Keilor by 53 points. Luke hitch didn't play. Keilor were strong early but couldnt go the distance. Expect them to come back hard next time they play... A very proud club.

Aberfeldie did a big number on west coburg today 30 point winners. 27 shots on goal to 12 massive result there.
Eds massive winners over Keilor by 53 points. Luke hitch didn't play. Keilor were strong early but couldnt go the distance. Expect them to come back hard next time they play... A very proud club.
Curtis Taylor also missing for Keilor. EDS will be too strong for everyone else this season going by todays showing. Abers should have been 10 goals up at halftime but were poor in front of goal. Greenvale only had 17 players. As I thought, Strathmore will be whipping boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back