EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

wc will be missing pat Martin, Jonah rebeschini, Tom Jennings, matt varrese, matt Borg. Meaning they will be missing key players in the side. As well as having 5 players doing Ramadan (can't drink during game). Because of this it tells me the match will be a very close game. Both sides have an excuse for a loss but both will be fighting for the win.

Rayner and Hanna were the only boys who made the vic squad! Hitchy and Balta got cut very suprising if you ask me

I absolutely agree wc are a very good side but just not as good as eds. Time will tell.
Love your comment about good footy and good discussion. Not everyone needs to agree all the time.
Fortunately I won't make it to any games as we have a big weekend up sorrento, golf and a few quite cokes
Good luck to all playing on the weekend.
I agree will be a very tough game for eds but if post correct about all those wc players out(paticularly Borg) then should be close.
Rayner should not play but then again Caluzzi should not have played in corresponding game last year when off to Aus. champs but to his credit came on at 3/4 time when his team 3 goals down and played just about the most amazing 1/4 of individual football I have seen from a kid to get his team home for a draw and the double chance! Rayner???
Balta? sore back?
In my opinion a big, strong kid , James Scully could be the most important factor and has really stood up in recent weeks since Caluzzi went down along with small forward Justin Cappaletti and Chad Sir.
Plenty at stake and should be a ripper.

Congratulations and well done to sticks and Cam for making the metro team and I know they will do well. Both gun kids and players. Enjoy the Gold Coast.
Well done also to Hitch and Balta for making it to last 30 and shows how tough it is to make this team. Both class players and would have been worthy of a place. But never know, if injuries could get called up.

Rayner and Hanna were the only boys who made the vic squad! Hitchy and Balta got cut very suprising if you ask me
Thanks BigfootyEDFL. I'm not shocked Hanna and Rayner made it. Hitch not making it has absolutely shocked me. With balta not making it and all the west coburg boys out I'm even more confident eds will get over the line.
Congratulations to Hanna and rayner. Well deserved

You guys do realise that wc got within a few goals of eds last time they met, remembering that eds had there best available side playing and wc had at least 4-5 injured key players missing

You guys do realise that wc got within a few goals of eds last time they met, remembering that eds had there best available side playing and wc had at least 4-5 injured key players missing
Just because Caluzzi and Rayner are in that dosnt mean they had there best team playing they were not at there best against wc

I do agree it would be good to see all good kids play in div1 but what about club loyalty. This is my point..
The system needs to be reviewed maybe into relegation type where the bottom 2 sides get relegated in u/16s and the rest of the sides from that club also go down no matter how they feared. Same as seniors but maybe 2 team relegation/promotion. Might create some uneven results in the lower grades but it's the only way for clubs to be treated equal maybe!
*I'm just throwing something out there as the points system set up, needs to be considered down the grades.

I know EDS lost some good u/18s to premier clubs this year because they went down to div1 as per there senior team. But we're they the worst u/18 side. No they weren't.
The league is doing a lot of things to try and "equalize" the competition.

The have introduced grading so as to narrow the margins in games - not a great success in my opinion - a few years back it left a 5 team 14:1 competition. Also some clubs don't want to come up to Div 1 as they will be exposed

They have also banned kids who change clubs from playing Rep footy (Started this year) - Again good idea but by the time the boys are at 14/15 rep footy is not that big a deal as the elite are in TAC programmes;

The harsh reality is that only 3 maybe 4 clubs have any chance of winning the flag at Div 1 level -
love the passion for your club but when the pointy end comes around on the big grounds and all the talent back it will be the big boys playing off for the chocolates....my tip an EDS Allstars v Keilor grand final - with Keilor causing a boil over - they may not beat them during the year but you only need to beat them once - on the day that counts

Not much to disagree with there, Fevolution14. I too thought EDS would be too strong after watching them demolish Keilor in the early rounds. Having watched both teams a few times since then, I've changed my opinion to Keilor. Especially now that Hitch and Balta don't have the distraction of Vic selection and Curtis Taylor looking like he's ready to make an impact soon. Deserved congrats to Rayner and Hanna on Vic selection.

Not much to disagree with there, Fevolution14. I too thought EDS would be too strong after watching them demolish Keilor in the early rounds. Having watched both teams a few times since then, I've changed my opinion to Keilor. Especially now that Hitch and Balta don't have the distraction of Vic selection and Curtis Taylor looking like he's ready to make an impact soon. Deserved congrats to Rayner and Hanna on Vic selection.
FastandLoose has Balta transferred to Keilor???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And those were the only 2 players I mentioned? You read my turgid comment incorrectly too. Pattern emerging where your eagerness to troll decreases your already low comprehension skills?

Apart from there long term injuries they were at there best that game
In fact, that was one of douttas worst games of the year, they have started to hit their straps but after the game against strathmore, it could be a telling game. Still back the stars to make it 10 - 1

Lets be totally honest here those guys you mentioned are not that good. Especially L.Watson. He is playing against douttas second team. Abers 3rd team keilors 2nd team hillsides second team. Same with those boys from roxy and Pascoe vale. They are pretty much playing against the top 3 A grade teams 2 and 3 side. So these gun div 3 players are playing against teams mostly made up of kids that are Bottom age. See how they would go against the the top age boys in division 2 let alone div 1
I can tell you by watching these guys play that they could hold their own in higher divisions, I know for a fact that Aspel could, plays in Roxy's 18s a bit and plays exceptionally well in that comp and then quite easily backs up his performance the next day. I would never doubt any other player in division three being able to do the same thing.

The top 5 will be interesting :
Douttas
Keilor
Abers
West Coburg
And either Westy or Craigieburn, westmeadows did take the victory against the burners but I reckon Craigieburn will be a better challenger against the big guns. Anyone else having a say in the top 5, pointy end of the season, finals not too far away.

Great comeback. Did it really take you that long. Haha
Unlike you, I don't get my kicks trolling forums and checking emails. I actually put back in by coaching and volunteering for a sports charity foundation. Easy enough for you to understand?

Douttas
Keilor
Abers
West Coburg
And either Westy or Craigieburn, westmeadows did take the victory against the burners but I reckon Craigieburn will be a better challenger against the big guns. Anyone else having a say in the top 5, pointy end of the season, finals not too far away.
Agree that Craigieburn will hopefully scrape into the finals as they'll have a better chance of causing an upset than West Meadows. Heard today that Bytel has removed himself from selection at Abers after pulling up sore after the Keilor game.

Douttas
Keilor
Abers
West Coburg

My pick is
Douttas
Keilor
West Coburg
Abers
West Meadows

As far as Bytel goes. Isn't the
U15 vic trials on shortly?
If so, that would make sense to be unavailable. Maybe the Caluzzi injury was a wake up for players. Although I have it on pretty good authority that Caluzzi has been reinstated to the vic squad pending his hand recovery.

I'll tip a draw 4 Douttas and WC just to throw a double chance wide open. Abers to beat west meadows by 5 goals and Craigieburn to beat hillside by 12 goals.
Good luck to all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back