EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I ask what is it like playing at shore reserve. It's a very small ground and probably not suited for footy the way it's played today. I have been out there for a few years but don't think it can be widen so they really need to find a new base IMO. I know WC seniors are playing the majority of there games at Coburg but thinking even 16s probably need a bigger ground.
From what I'm hearing the VFL will change completely by 2017 and Coburg won't be involved, so it's a chance WC might take over the ground.

So my question is what do you think of the ground size for 16s??

It's not ideal width wise or length wise. Doesn't suit teams that struggle with contested ball.

Can I ask what is it like playing at shore reserve. It's a very small ground and probably not suited for footy the way it's played today. I have been out there for a few years but don't think it can be widen so they really need to find a new base IMO. I know WC seniors are playing the majority of there games at Coburg but thinking even 16s probably need a bigger ground.
From what I'm hearing the VFL will change completely by 2017 and Coburg won't be involved, so it's a chance WC might take over the ground.

So my question is what do you think of the ground size for 16s??
The great "Turbo" I will answer your question as eloquently as I can...it is a s@@t ground and the worst in the edfl.

The great "Turbo" I will answer your question as eloquently as I can...it is a s@@t ground and the worst in the edfl.

Good reply, love it!!! Thanks for the compliment. Lol

They will ultimately move to Coburg and probably change their name to Coburg from 2017. The VFL system is being revamped and Coburg VFL won't survive past 2016. That's the word on the street but probably won't surprise some..

G

I wouldn't mind getting it right occasionally.
I must say congrats to WC on a big win over a brilliant side regardless of who was in or out.
Well done to Abers on a big win over west meadows. I was told after making my prediction of a 6 goal win by abers that they had more players out this week. 42 shots to 9.
Strange to see strathmore only kicked 1 pt again. The flooding tactic must be working well.:D 44 shots on goal to 1(one)

Surely Abers could not have any more out? Their U14s must be playing 2games in a row by now. Is it just pure bad luck or is there someone to blame for this?

As for the top 5 right now,
Keilor - most consistent
Douttas- most hyped about
W.Coburg- most improved
Abers- Must be most players to play Div1 in a year
W.Meadows- most fortunate.

Peoples thoughts?

Surely Abers could not have any more out? Their U14s must be playing 2games in a row by now. Is it just pure bad luck or is there someone to blame for this?

As for the top 5 right now,
Keilor - most consistent
Douttas- most hyped about
W.Coburg- most improved
Abers- Must be most players to play Div1 in a year
W.Meadows- most fortunate.

Peoples thoughts?
I think you have hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure if westmeadows are overly happy with being put in div 1. They have copped some fearful beltings by the top sides.
They WILL make finals now so it appears they will meet Abers in week one of finals.

As for who is to blame for abers long injury list, I would say it's just bad luck.

Eds finished the last quarter with 16 players. Started with 18. Were down to 17 2 minutes into the second quarter (#3 shoulder injury) so to be level at half time with no bench is an enormous effort. If rolls were reversed and 12 of your best team are out and you only have 17 players 58 minutes. I'm sure any team in the country would struggle. I'm sure numbers will be coming over the next 3 weeks for douttas there not done yet! Keilor must be getting back to full strength. Looking ominous.

Daquino was very good all be it he didn't have an opponent as his coach/father played him as the spare due to douttas having 17 players.
eds fielded too u16 teams today with 18 players. Vast difference in round 1 both teams had 24.

Got to watch that game today with the fam and i thought daquino is it?
Played amazing as a spare backmen floating around winning the hard ball and to me as a Collingwood fan he reminded me of Adam oxley taking control down there like he did against Melbourne
The eds boys try to give him s**t but daquino beat them in the footy and showed them how to play,the eds boys where really timid today
Maybe they should go play tennis?
Be careful in using the timid word. You'll be inundated with tools sending cowardly pm's to show just how much of a keyboard warrior they are.

Abers and douttas
Could put together a team of injured/unavailable players and it would be beyond unbeatable.

If anyone knows for sure (please don't post if you only know part of)
Do either Douttas or Abers get any players back before finals?
Keilor now looking flag favourites. To go a step further (without knowing possible ins for Douttas and Abers.) it looks to be a Keilor V West Coburg G/f.
I'm sure there will be objections but please remember I'm going on current lists without the inclusions.

Also just want to say congrats to West Meadows for having the BALLS that Greenvale and Mooney Valley CLEARLY didn't.
Fantastic character of your club and the personal involved that make those decisions

Watched the first half of WC V EDS before heading to Strathmore V Keilor. Great tussle till I left with WC probably deserving to be in front. All the talk on here around Daquino and missing out how good a game Manago had. Lots of unselfish blocks and shepherds. Agree with canplaythisguy that Daquino had plenty of space and time to look good.

Keilor were simply too strong and organised for a flat Strathmore team. I reckon that more than half that team are bottom age. Have to really question the Strathmore selection policy that has so many physically small kids playing Div 1 and getting demoralized almost every week when there are options in their other u16 squads.

Also just want to say congrats to West Meadows for having the BALLS that Greenvale and Mooney Valley CLEARLY didn't.
Fantastic character of your club and the personal involved that make those decisions
I'm not so sure about your "having the balls" but have only heard positives from opposing teams and players on how Westmeadows have conducted themselves both on the pitch and in the coaching box. They'll hopefully be better for it next season.

Well this is clearly a west coburg player. Anthony daquino apparently had no man in the back line as eds player came off with an arm problem. ( correct me if I'm wrong), so considering that he had no man, he didn't play well.
Ps( I'm an Abers player)
Sebastian kochery - dislocated shoulder 6 weeks I think, this adds to the long injury list:
Luke p - acl (season)
John r - acl (season)
Mark m - fractured arm (season)
Patrick l - ankle (3 wks)
Ivan p - dislocated knee (2 weeks)
Ben c - finger (3 weeks)
Jesse m - ankle (2 weeks)
Bryce b - wrist (4 weeks)
Noah b and pat b both with back pain, still playing.
Cam rayner off to the golden coast and Billy p in asia both coming back in two weeks.
So overall, there is a bright side from todays events

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the first half of WC V EDS before heading to Strathmore V Keilor. Great tussle till I left with WC probably deserving to be in front. All the talk on here around Daquino and missing out how good a game Manago had. Lots of unselfish blocks and shepherds. Agree with canplaythisguy that Daquino had plenty of space and time to look good.

Keilor were simply too strong and organised for a flat Strathmore team. I reckon that more than half that team are bottom age. Have to really question the Strathmore selection policy that has so many physically small kids playing Div 1 and getting demoralized almost every week when there are options in their other u16 squads.

Can tell you there's more behind the Strathmore situation than meets the eye. After round 6 many players were telling the coach (via parents) they didn't want to play div 1. Maybe the 2nd U16 coach should be asked the question as to why? But will be a very keen observer towards next years U16 div1 group. Hopefully those players that put their hand up this year (clearly out of their depth) will be rewarded.

Sebastian kochery - dislocated shoulder 6 weeks I think, this adds to the long injury list:
Luke p - acl (season)
John r - acl (season)
Ben c - finger (3 weeks)
Cam rayner off to the golden coast and Billy p in asia both coming back in two weeks.
Sherrin4lyf that is a massive injury list. Although I'm not familiar with many of the names there wouldn't be many clubs who could continue winning most games like eds have.

Luke p - acl (season)
John r - acl (season)
Ben c - finger (3 weeks)
Sherrin4lyf that is a massive injury list that most clubs could not win games with. Full credit to eds. I think come finals time eds will get quite a few top end players back and no more games on soccer like grounds.

D
If anyone knows for sure (please don't post if you only know part of)
Do either Douttas or Abers get any players back before finals?
Keilor now looking flag favourites. To go a step further (without knowing possible ins for Douttas and Abers.) it looks to be a Keilor V West Coburg G/f.
I'm sure there will be objections but please remember I'm going on current lists without the inclusions.
Douttas will get 7 players back by r14/ 1st final

put Rayner and Caluzzi( both all australians) into the team and play it away from shore soccer ground and very different result.
Interesting few weeks coming up. Abers v Keilor will tell us plenty. Abers still the smoky in my opinion.

put Rayner and Caluzzi( both all australians) into the team and play it away from shore soccer ground and very different result.
Interesting few weeks coming up. Abers v Keilor will tell us plenty. Abers still the smoky in my opinion.
Why are keilor and abers playing at a neutral ground in the last round?

One of the closest under 16 competitions I've seen, hard to pick at this stage, who will take the flag. Going to be a ripper final series.

Mohammed moustaffa 38
Cameron Rayner 33
Zain neicho. 33
Ben caluzzi. 29
Josh rocco. 24
Justin cappelletti. 23
Tye browning. 23
Jack Evans. 20
Jayden Murat. 18
Riley caines. 18

Apologies if any names are spelt wrong.

Mohammed moustaffa 38
Cameron Rayner 33
Zain neicho. 33
Ben caluzzi. 29
Josh rocco. 24
Justin cappelletti. 23
Tye browning. 23
Jack Evans. 20
Jayden Murat. 18
Riley caines. 18

Apologies if any names are spelt wrong.
Well it's good to see an even spread and also good to see the small forwards coming home with the chocolates. The game is evolving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back