EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

At least it's not raining this Sunday, but the weather man in melbourne does lie alot...
I'm simply tipping a draw but you would think douttas would be the favourites (beaten keilor u16's 9 times in a row). Both teams are near or are full strength and I think airport west is a very good ground, compared to jacana

I think eds will be able to match up well on mo with mcbride maybe brooks or even the new inclusion Bethune but I just don't see keilors backline being to match up on eds forward line, Cappaletti can kick over 3 very quickly and Rayner runs the forward line, he is a very strong long we'll put together young man and a hard match up and the thing is if the ball doesn't go down There as we saw last week he will dominate around the ground big game

Eds by 4 goals
West coburg by 2 goals

I think eds will be able to match up well on mo with mcbride maybe brooks or even the new inclusion Bethune but I just don't see keilors backline being to match up on eds forward line, Cappaletti can kick over 3 very quickly and Rayner runs the forward line, he is a very strong long we'll put together young man and a hard match up and the thing is if the ball doesn't go down There as we saw last week he will dominate around the ground big game

Eds by 4 goals
West coburg by 2 goals
Great to have you back on board BigfootyEDFL, hopefully the weather was a bit warmer wherever you may have been!!!
My prediction for what it's worth
Keilor by 3 goals
Abers by 2 goals

Scully and McBride to come back from half games on Sunday after injury/asthma
Hopefully Brookesy also gets through unscathed, the kid cops so much but is still a machine.
I'm guessing Caines will play this Sunday, as well isn't he their captain?

Scully and McBride to come back from half games on Sunday after injury/asthma
Hopefully Brookesy also gets through unscathed, the kid cops so much but is still a machine.
I'm guessing Caines will play this Sunday, as well isn't he their captain?
I spoke to an Abers mate of mine last night, they were very disappointed with their last qtr on the weekend, they believed they had EDS well covered all day but fell away in the last qtr, incensed apparently around a contentious umpiring decision which gifted EDS a goal?
They are itching to have another crack at the Douttas boys!!

I spoke to an Abers mate of mine last night, they were very disappointed with their last qtr on the weekend, they believed they had EDS well covered all day but fell away in the last qtr, incensed apparently around a contentious umpiring decision which gifted EDS a goal?
Anaverageplayer what was the contentious decision that cost abers a goal? My abers mate cannot recall a contentious decision which gave eds a goal. My abers mate agrees with your comment about abers having it over eds for the first half but some regrettable decisions in the last quarter cost abers the win. He did also say eds were just brilliant in the last quarter with BigfootyEDFL "love"child dominating the last quarter.

Anaverageplayer what was the contentious decision that cost abers a goal? My abers mate cannot recall a contentious decision which gave eds a goal. My abers mate agrees with your comment about abers having it over eds for the first half but some regrettable decisions in the last quarter cost abers the win. He did also say eds were just brilliant in the last quarter with BigfootyEDFL "love"child dominating the last quarter.
Football1993 yes he does appear to be the love Child of a few on this forum, but I am told he did smash them in the last Qtr!
Apparently the contentious decision happened late in the game, a free kick to EDS just outside their fwd 50, I think an Abers player thought it was their free kick and went to play on, Umpire blew his whistle and paid a 50 metre penalty which apparently gifted EDS a goal and the subsequent lead?
Perhaps some of the other guys could confirm

Football1993 yes he does appear to be the love Child of a few on this forum, but I am told he did smash them in the last Qtr!
Apparently the contentious decision happened late in the game, a free kick to EDS just outside their fwd 50, I think an Abers player thought it was their free kick and went to play on, Umpire blew his whistle and paid a 50 metre penalty which apparently gifted EDS a goal and the subsequent lead?
Perhaps some of the other guys could confirm
I could confirm that there were about 20 contentious decisions and that both sides copped it just as much as each other (douttas had kicked a goal in that last qtr that was overruled as touched)

I could confirm that there were about 20 contentious decisions and that both sides copped it just as much as each other (douttas had kicked a goal in that last qtr that was overruled as touched)
Sherrin4lyf all I can say is my abers connection did not have an issue with the umpiring.
I wasn't there but I'm sure the players and others probably made more mistakes than the umpires.

Sherrin4lyf all I can say is my abers connection did not have an issue with the umpiring.
I wasn't there but I'm sure the players and others probably made more mistakes than the umpires.
Umpiring wasnt great and at times mystifying but I dont think it had a bearing on the game. EDS just too strong in last quarter and the longer the game went on the stronger they got. I feel Abers ran out of legs and if it had of gone another quarter for example EDS would have romped in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys any tips for a best in comp?
Great to hear from you sir Auckmel.
From what I hear the best players have missed through cannons/jets/metro and injury. That being said my vote would be a west coburg player(not sure which one) because they have won enough games and from what I have been told did not have any cannons/jets or metro representatives.

Almost word for word what an Abers connection said to me too. An EDS connection told me they were quite relieved when they saw that Podhjaski wasn't playing and that Evans went off and didn't come back on. Could those 2 have made a 4 point difference to Abers? I think they would have.

Almost word for word what an Abers connection said to me too. An EDS connection told me they were quite relieved when they saw that Podhjaski wasn't playing and that Evans went off and didn't come back on. Could those 2 have made a 4 point difference to Abers? I think they would have.
I agree with you FastandLoose that those 2 would make the difference but from all accounts caluzzi will only improve from the outing.

Hey guys any tips for a best in comp?
Cameron Rayner would have won it by a mile had him and caluzzi not been pinching votes off each other... I reckon Moose from Keilor has it in the bag, Also well done to him for winning the coleman medal or whatever you call it.

Cameron Rayner would have won it by a mile had him and caluzzi not been pinching votes off each other... I reckon Moose from Keilor has it in the bag, Also well done to him for winning the coleman medal or whatever you call it.
I think mo missed a few with injury and hitch would be taking votes off him.

Fast and Loose I think your right, if Abers get the chance to play Douttas again they will welcome back, Pods, Jack Evans and Harry Fry who will be a very important in, in addition they will have a fresh Bytel ready to go, ( given he played 6 games in 7 days)in addition Smokovitch apparently went off injured in the last qtr which I'm told hurt Abers as well.
The Abers boys are more concerned with how to get over Keilor, which they say are very strong right across the ground!
Should be a cracking couple of weeks of footy!

Fast and Loose I think your right, if Abers get the chance to play Douttas again they will welcome back, Pods, Jack Evans and Harry Fry who will be a very important in, in addition they will have a fresh Bytel ready to go, ( given he played 6 games in 7 days)in addition Smokovitch apparently went off injured in the last qtr which I'm told hurt Abers as well.
The Abers boys are more concerned with how to get over Keilor, which they say are very strong right across the ground!
Should be a cracking couple of weeks of footy!
Abers may be more focused on getting over West Coburg before looking too much further ahead.
Abers should win this but WC have a number of good quick players that will cause some headaches.
The Allstars to get over Keilor in good game

My question is will Douttas be able to even form a U16 DIV 1 team next year or will they gain some good players from other clubs like this year or some young guns from this years top age 14s

Abers may be more focused on getting over West Coburg before looking too much further ahead.
Abers should win this but WC have a number of good quick players that will cause some headaches.
The Allstars to get over Keilor in good game
Fevolution14 you would hope the brains trust at abers were concentrating on this week and this week alone. I'm aware abers smashed west coburg last time they met but I also note west coburg smashed them the previous meeting.

We were at the exact same place as two years ago in the under 14's, that year Keilor beat douttas by 100 pts in the semi final and went on to beat abers later in the grand final.
Looks like things will be drastically different this time around...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back