EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

My question is will Douttas be able to even form a U16 DIV 1 team next year or will they gain some good players from other clubs like this year or some young guns from this years top age 14s
Pretty sure they will be at div 1, they will have Klaromenos, Barker, O'Sullivan, Eid and Soldatos. Guessing a few new faces will appear so even finals is without a doubt on the cards.

Pretty sure they will be at div 1, they will have Klaromenos, Barker, O'Sullivan, Eid and Soldatos. Guessing a few new faces will appear so even finals is without a doubt on the cards.
Agree they will be div 1.
Remember we had the farce of 5 team div 1 u14 last year.
Maybe Greenvale and Moonee Valley as well.

Forgot about the five team comp last year personally believe they can beat a few teams if they were in div 1 e.g Hadfield (if they went for div 1 as they won div 2 last time )or Greenvale,or Moonee Valley

They may be Div 1 but won't go any good in my opinion - they don't seem to have the Allstar tag as the last 3 years - there was mention earlier in this post that the Allstars 16's coach was going to move on after this year - maybe the lack of numbers for season 2016 may be a reason.

Next years crop don't seem to have a Toa, Caluzzi, Raynor, Campisi, Sir coming through

Ive had a go at it, open to discussion,

Mcbride Comito Bulzomi
Daquino Smokavic Riboni
Vendramini Mo Borg
Bytel Caluzzi Browning
Neichio Raynor Rocco

Hannah Hitch Sir

i/c Cappaletti Podhajaski Balta Saad

Last edited:
They may be Div 1 but won't go any good in my opinion - they don't seem to have the Allstar tag as the last 3 years - there was mention earlier in this post that the Allstars 16's coach was going to move on after this year - maybe the lack of numbers for season 2016 may be a reason.

Next years crop don't seem to have a Toa, Caluzzi, Raynor, Campisi, Sir coming through
With you on this one definitely don't have the stars like the last 3 years but watch out for a few new recruits just like the last few years

Mcbean Comito Bulzomi
Daquino Smokavic Riboni
Vendramini Mo Caines
Bytel Caluzzi Browning
Neichio Raynor Rocco

Hannah Hitch Sir

No division 2 player and only players from 5 clubs there which is pretty disappointing
Also I get a bit annoyed when I see McBean, It is McBride*****

Mcbride Comito Bulzomi
Daquino Smokavic Riboni
Vendramini Mo Borg
Bytel Caluzzi Browning
Neichio Raynor Rocco

Hannah Hitch Sir

Haveago thanks for having a shot at it.
I will question CHB, Ben S is a brilliant footballer but I think he would be the shortest CHB going around. I would have him in the centre and mo would be a forward pocket.
Balta goes to chb, Daquino on the bench, Sir half back, Podhajaski half fwd, hitch rover and bytel ruck rover.
Haveago you have picked a great side.
For what it is worth keilor coach should coach the side.

Maybe just me, but after recruiting so well for the last 3 years. I would think next year would be the years for the Eds coach to show his wares. Must be awesome to coach great footballers. But next year would be the perfect opportunity to show he can coach. Not to mention educate young footballers rather than be slapped in the back by parents. Not having a go at him. As he obviously has respect by all he recruits, or they wouldn't go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe just me, but after recruiting so well for the last 3 years. I would think next year would be the years for the Eds coach to show his wares. Must be awesome to coach great footballers. But next year would be the perfect opportunity to show he can coach. Not to mention educate young footballers rather than be slapped in the back by parents. Not having a go at him. As he obviously has respect by all he recruits, or they wouldn't go there.

Geoff's not only a great coach, but a great bloke. It's no surprise kids want to play for him. If he does give it away, another Premiership would be a fitting reward.

GETINTHEBOWL you make an interesting point re the EDS coach, can he really coach, I would ask the question, if you took Rayner and Caluzzi out of that side How good a coach would he be??
If they were to get beaten on Sunday by Keilor and then the Following week by Abers what would the Opinions be of the EDS coach then?
On another note I was told reliably by an EDS father that the Abers coach Shaggy I think they call him was overheard verbally bagging Cam Rayner and Ben Calluzzi when they were within ear shot of the Abers coach?
Has he got form with this sort of behaviour ?

GETINTHEBOWL you make an interesting point re the EDS coach, can he really coach, I would ask the question, if you took Rayner and Caluzzi out of that side How good a coach would he be??
If they were to get beaten on Sunday by Keilor and then the Following week by Abers what would the Opinions be of the EDS coach then?
On another note I was told reliably by an EDS father that the Abers coach Shaggy I think they call him was overheard verbally bagging Cam Rayner and Ben Calluzzi when they were within ear shot of the Abers coach?

Your assuming Abers will get over W/Coburg.
Also if true re the Abers coach, then would have to know what was said. Maybe just by play. Would think if anything untoward would have resulted in a reaction or complaint. Otherwise too flimsy to give an opinion.

I'm hearing W/Coburg very confident among themselves and not just for this week. A little buddy tells me they have mapped out strategies for each game going forward and all players have bought in. Should be exciting. Please keep Phil Cleary away. The umpires have a tough enough job without him on the side line.

Your assuming Abers will get over W/Coburg.
Also if true re the Abers coach, then would have to know what was said. Maybe just by play. Would think if anything untoward would have resulted in a reaction or complaint. Otherwise too flimsy to give an opinion.

I'm hearing W/Coburg very confident among themselves and not just for this week. A little buddy tells me they have mapped out strategies for each game going forward and all players have bought in. Should be exciting. Please keep Phil Cleary away. The umpires have a tough enough job without him on the side line.
Yes fair point re the Abers Coach
I watched a bit of the Abers v WC game a few weeks ago and I can't say I was overly excited by what I saw from WC, I know they have a few players coming back in but so do Abers, I think the big ground they are playing on might suit Abers more than WC, either way should be a cracking weekend of footy, I think I might wander down to Hansen Reserve and have a look at the Keilor v EDS match, will be keen to have a look at the Big Guns from EDS and also see what Keilor can deliver!

Anaverageplayer I really hope BigfootyEDFL doesn't read your post. I hope there is security at the game if eds play abers again because no-one, I repeat no-one can have a go at cam in BigfootyEDFL's eyes.
I really love these little rumours to fire up each other.
If this did in fact happen maybe you should ask your eds mate why he didn't step in when an adult was "verbally abusing" 16 year olds.

Last edited:
Anaverageplayer I really hope BigfootyEDFL doesn't read your post. I hope there is security at the game if eds play abers again because no-one, I repeat no-one can have a go at cam in BigfootyEDFL's eyes.
I really love these little rumours to fire up each other.
If this did in fact happen maybe you should ask your eds mate why he didn't step in when an adult was "verbally abusing" 16 year olds.
I too heard the Abers coach bagging the EDS kids when they were within earshot and it was disgraceful,not needed, he is a d- - -K head and needs to pull his head in.
What I heard him say to Raynor/Balta amongst others was not what you want to hear at U16 footy. Distasteful,moronic.
YOU ARE NOT A CAREER COACH!!!, and they are just kids, not professional AFL players.

Last edited:
I too heard the Abers coach bagging the EDS kids when they were within earshot and it was disgraceful,not needed, he is a d- - -K head and needs to pull his head in.
What I heard him say to Raynor/Balta amongst others was not what you want to hear at U16 footy. Distasteful,moronic.
YOU ARE NOT A CAREER COACH!!!, and they are just kids, not professional AFL players.
Haveago what kind of things were said. If they were distasteful and moronic like you say then he shouldn't be coaching again this year. Could you give us an example of what was said?

While I appreciate you hear what you hear BUT if you are that strong on your opinion I am sure you are aware of team rep's that wear a yellow vest who you are able to approach and make complaints - to my knowledge this didn't happen.

I was close to the bench and while the coach has passion I'm comfortable that abusing kids isn't part of his armour. The club wouldn't tolerate it.

And if I'm not mistaken the same bloke actually went to Rayner at games end to congratulate him - which in circumstances of the loss and admits the jubilation of the EDS players I reckon this says a bit

Whilst I was not at the game a good friend was and he also states that the abers coach went out of his way to shake hands with a number of eds players hands including cam's.
I do find it interesting why it took 5 days for this information to be posted??

Haveago what kind of things were said. If they were distasteful and moronic like you say then he shouldn't be coaching again this year. Could you give us an example of what was said?
There is no need to repeat the things said on this forum but I will say he was remonstrated with verbally from at least one parent. Passion is one thing (and a good thing) but it does not include shouting personal insults to 16y/olds. Yes he did shake players hands after game but to me this is hypocrisy. Enough said from me.

There is no need to repeat the things said on this forum but I will say he was remonstrated with verbally from at least one parent. Passion is one thing (and a good thing) but it does not include shouting personal insults to 16y/olds. Yes he did shake players hands after game but to me this is hypocrisy. Enough said from me.
If you are not going to say what he apparently said then why bring it up!! I would be pretty annoyed if you had alleged something like that against my teams coach. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'm starting to have some serious doubts.

If you are not going to say what he apparently said then why bring it up!! I would be pretty annoyed if you had alleged something like that against my teams coach. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'm starting to have some serious doubts.
I brought it up because I saw another person did and wanted to support their sentiment. And I felt after considering it for a few days that people should know that this took place as it may help stop it happening again. Rest assured it definitely happened and I hope this gets back to him and it does in fact not happen again.
Simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back