EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I was not at the game a good friend was and he also states that the abers coach went out of his way to shake hands with a number of eds players hands including cam's.
I do find it interesting why it took 5 days for this information to be posted??
Football 1993 I'm not sure why you find it interesting that it took 5 days to be posted, not sure why that would even matter?
Anyway I went back to my mate who is a parent with a boy who played to get further clarity.
I don't know the Abers coach, never met, got nothing against him just simply posting what I have been told
Apparently he sledged Cam whilst close to the Abers bench, something like it's all on you Cam, if you blokes are going to win this your going to have to do it off your own boot!
I believe words to that effect.
Apparently went on another time to tell Ben he would need to lift and do something to show the Vic coaches they were wrong for cutting him? (I'm told it was because he was injured?)
Have a Go might be able to confirm it?
If it's wrong I'm happy to withdraw it, if it's right it is poor form?

Football 1993 I'm not sure why you find it interesting that it took 5 days to be posted, not sure why that would even matter?
Anyway I went back to my mate who is a parent with a boy who played to get further clarity.
I don't know the Abers coach, never met, got nothing against him just simply posting what I have been told
Apparently he sledged Cam whilst close to the Abers bench, something like it's all on you Cam, if you blokes are going to win this your going to have to do it off your own boot!
Apparently went on another time to tell Ben he would need to lift and do something to show the Vic coaches they were wrong for cutting him? (I'm told it was because he was injured?)
It was because he was injured that Ben missed Vic team,

I think a little throw away line has gone unnoticed guys. Grover mentioned Jack Bytel having Shin splints again. Did a bit of digging and appears our old mate Grover is on the money. Must be your 10 years experience on BF Grover.
Bytel likely not to play unless Abers make the G/F (which is unlikely.) Massive Loss.
I wonder if anyone from either Abers or Eds can put together a combined team of long term injuries from this season. Would surely be a decent team.

Pretty thin skinned if this is classed as disgraceful, distateful (even a word?) or moronic. Talk about mountain out of a molehill!!

Pretty thin skinned if this is classed as disgraceful, distateful (even a word?) or moronic. Talk about mountain out of a molehill!!
Agree FastandLoose. I will declare I have never met the abers coach and certainly have no affiliation with him. If that's as bad as he said then there should be a few people on this thread who should be ashamed in themselves. It was not abusive or threatening. The 2 comments mentioned could be taken as compliments.
Too much oxygen already spent on this non-issue

Compliments!! That's Hilarious
Perhaps a few Abers apologists!
Ok anaverageplayer I was pushing the friendship with those statements being compliments but they are far from being worthy of these discussions.
Good luck to the 4 remaining sides on the weekend and hopefully all players get through unscathed.

Sherrin4lyf I think your comment about an ape is wrong. I would hope you would withdraw your comment. Your comments are normally insightful and accurate.

Compliments!! That's Hilarious
Perhaps a few Abers apologists!
Not even close. Can you honestly say that if anyone (opposition player, opposition box or opposition supporter) said the attributed comments to you during a game, it would put you off? Personally, I'd have shaken the coaches hand and said "thanks for the vote of confidence and I did win the game off my own boot, enjoy the elimination game next week". I'm sure Cam and Ben have been laughing their heads off that this has been given oxygen. That's if they're not hiding under their doonahs praying they aren't treated so terribly this weekend.

Seems a few get excited over not a great deal to take away from the real thing being the results.

Let's see who gets through this week - West Coburg have the rabbits up their sleeves so it seems......hope the buy in on the game plan is enough for them.

Keilor and their half backs are key to their game plan - when was the last time a coach sent out a half forward to shut down their opponent?

On the Abers coach and his compliments maybe the Abers committee need to have a chat to him as his encouragement may have been enough to get the Allstars over the line - maybe All Stars coach should drop him a line before Sunday to seek guidance on how to motivate his charges

Seems a few get excited over not a great deal to take away from the real thing being the results.

Let's see who gets through this week - West Coburg have the rabbits up their sleeves so it seems......hope the buy in on the game plan is enough for them.

Keilor and their half backs are key to their game plan - when was the last time a coach sent out a half forward to shut down their opponent?

On the Abers coach and his compliments maybe the Abers committee need to have a chat to him as his encouragement may have been enough to get the Allstars over the line - maybe All Stars coach should drop him a line before Sunday to seek guidance on how to motivate his charges
Touche

Back to the point of weather the eds coach would be good if you took cam and Ben out

The three leading goal kickers this season
Moey
Cameron
Zain Neicho
All three played there juniors elsewhere.

Some one said on here a little while ago. Eds coach has been approached for another clubs head of junior football. He must be regarded highly within the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Douttas on being the only club to have their side up on the EDFL website for this weekends games.

I'm sure Abers will be absolutely desperate to have another go at the "All Stars" as they've been at the forefront of the digs at EDS coach for some time now. I just really hope the conditions settle down so we can get two very good games of footy.

On those comments, BFD. Those kids better get used to worse things than that.

Sherrin4lyf I think your comment about an ape is wrong. I would hope you would withdraw your comment. Your comments are normally insightful and accurate.

Getting a day off and lucky it's not a week.

Fast and Loose
Relax Champ it's only a bit of light hearted banter! Might be time for you to put the Red Sub Vest on! Lol

Good luck to all 4 sides this weekend
my Tips Abers to be too strong for WC
Keilor to get the Chocolates over EDS
Look up touche to see what it means ;-). You may re-consider who needs the red vest :)

Wow Keilor have smashed Douttas by 70 pts to storm into the Grand final
Douttas had no Answers at any stage of the day
Keilor were simply to sting right across the ground!

Wow was what sprung to my mind too.

Very impressive and great to watch.

Keilor definitely the most improved side in the comp (since round one), the way they moved the ball was impeccable and they have truly asserted their dominance to the rest of the edfl competition.
As for douttas they have a big test this week against aberfeldie and will have a couple players back into the side.

Sir Auckmel I hope the reason eds lost today was not because that mean and scary abers coach put them off their game last week.
I suspected keilor would be too good but not by that much.

LoL

Keilor were very, very good and I like watching sides who can move the ball around like that. I do hope the Prelim is played on a higher standard ground though.

LoL

Keilor were very, very good and I like watching sides who can move the ball around like that. I do hope the Prelim is played on a higher standard ground though.
If you have high expectations of the edfl hierarchy then get ready to be disappointed.
My tip will be tullamarine's ground.
All jokes aside eds are a great side and will bounce back.

If you have high expectations of the edfl hierarchy then get ready to be disappointed.
My tip will be tullamarine's ground.

Should be played at Greenvale. Even Jacana is better than Tulla and both have better parking.

All jokes aside eds are a great side and will bounce back.

They looked slow and very loose defensively. Was surprised. Impressed with the #2 from Keilor.

Anyone heard who has been asked to attend the league B & F?

we'll played keilor today but really I don't know what people see in eds coach he was shocking today needs to change things around cam to ben dosnt work against good teams sorry

we'll played keilor today but really I don't know what people see in eds coach he was shocking today needs to change things around cam to ben dosnt work against good teams sorry
BigfootyEDFL I think it's a bit harsh to have a shot at the coach after a smashing like you received today. Cam had his choice of clubs at the start of the year and chose eds. Eds still a huge chance to win the flag. Stick with your coach, obviously a highly regarded coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back