EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed and I should have quantified my question by saying assuming no players leave their current club.
Care to elaborate on fall-out

I am not going to go into detail, the coaching system was rigged which resulted in mutiple losses including Cameron Rayner, Zac Bulzomi, Jake Camilerri, Jared Cappelletti (cappelletti and Rayner to vs Bulzomi and Camilerri this Sunday)
Just a few big names to mention

I am not going to go into detail, the coaching system was rigged which resulted in mutiple losses including Cameron Rayner, Zac Bulzomi, Jake Camilerri, Jared Cappelletti (cappelletti and Rayner to vs Bulzomi and Camilerri this Sunday)
Just a few big names to mention
Understand those boys left, I thought you were intimating more bottom age u16's would leave next season

There is player movement every year, clubs need to ensure their Jnr program is strong and the culture strong so as to retain local talent in the first instance and then be able to attract other quality players gong forward and keep them, From what I can see Keilor appear to do this very well!

To this weeks big game
I'm not sure I can pick a winner, I think it will come down to what can the EDS coach do differently with his 2 big guns so as they have a major impact?
They were flogged by 70 pts the last time they met so you would think that EDS will have to do something different and something special?
The wide open spaces of Windy Hill might suit Keilor whom I think are a little more fleet footed than EDS
Ben and Cam are big game players I think they will both need to have Blinders in order for EDS to win as the game plan is so centred around them.
I expect the first 10 mins of the opening qtr to be brutal! Let's hope both teams and both coaches keep their heads and the game is played in the appropriate sporting manner!

Can't wait
And what a year it's been.
Good luck to both sides this Sunday. You were the best 2 sides all year and absolutely deserve to be there.
Personally I cannot see eds turning the tables on a brilliantly coached TEAM like keilor.
Also a big thanks to all bigfooty participants who have made the Monday - Saturday more entertaining.
Eds and keilor boys enjoy the day, lap up the big crowd and may the best team win.
Keilor by 24 points.
Farewell for 2015:thumbsu:

And what a year it's been.
Good luck to both sides this Sunday. You were the best 2 sides all year and absolutely deserve to be there.
Personally I cannot see eds turning the tables on a brilliantly coached TEAM like keilor.
Also a big thanks to all bigfooty participants who have made the Monday - Saturday more entertaining.
Eds and keilor boys enjoy the day, lap up the big crowd and may the best team win.
Keilor by 24 points.
Farewell for 2015:thumbsu:
Eds, scully out, cappelletti out, Ivan p in, l mcbride in

Think you'll find Cappelletti will be playing, and also looks like it will be a beautiful day for football tomorrow.
Last tip of the year and I genuinely believe that douttas have what it takes to win tomorrow. They won't need to rely on big Ben and Cameron, because they have 22 other players who have improved drastically over the past month or so. I'm tipping douttas by 3 goals and I wish both teams the best of luck and hope that the game is played in a good spirit, get down to the game even if you don't affiliate with either club and support the future stars of tomorrow!

Congrats to Douttas. 70 point loss two weeks ago to Premiers. Big wrap to the Douttas coaching staff who really did a great job turning that around.
Agreed, didn't see it coming but well deserved. Balta & Rayner were superb and I also thought Klaramenos did a good job too. EDS team wanted to play footy rather than try to intimidate. Thought the umpires were also deserving of praise in quickly and decisively dealing with the spotfires early in the game.

Agreed, didn't see it coming but well deserved. Balta & Rayner were superb and I also thought Klaramenos did a good job too. EDS team wanted to play footy rather than try to intimidate. Thought the umpires were also deserving of praise in quickly and decisively dealing with the spotfires early in the game.
Well done EDS what a stunning turnaround, special praise to the EDS coaching staff who seemed to completely work the Keilor game plan out and shut them down! Out coached them I think!
They seemed to set their zone up completely and stop the Keilor Half backs from being able to switch the ball, Balta smashed the Keilor Rucks and Rayner was terrific all day, Keilor simply couldn't win the ball out of the Middle.
Spencer Horton did a great job in front of Mo, Mo from Keilor tried to play an aggressive game that is not normal for him, would have been better off concentrating on winning the footy.
Caluzzi solid again as was Klaramenos, Bulzomi and Hitch worked hard all day, the Keilor foot skills just weren't there under enormous pressure, EDS just too strong across all lines today, deserved winners given Keilor thought they had it won!

a truly remarkable performance by EDS and yesterday they were ALL STARS.
Rayner was easily best and again turned it on.What a player! Was sent off at 1/4 time for 15 minutes for bumping an opponent ( I think Bolzomi) to the ground in what i feel was a gross over reaction by the young umpires but still won best player medal!
At same time Furnari and Mo were also sent off for same time for an altercation that was more fitting of penalty.
This seemed to spark EDS in particular Caluzzi, Balta and Sir to another level. The EDS pressure , fierce tackling and never say die attitude
was IMO the difference in an absorbing contest. There was not a single passenger and boys like Brookes, Martin, Riboni. Millman and Horton were great.
You could name the whole side they were that good. they were ALL STARS.
Well done and enjoy boys. Deserved premiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to EDS. Very rare a team can hit a button and perform when it matters. 2 flags out of 3 straight G/F for the SuperCoach. Awesome effort. Surely a phone call from the cannons must follow. After all they have more coaching staff than players. Big question now will be, can EDS seniors win it? If not then will we see the exodus of Caluzzi, Rayner and Co? As the Cannons prefer to have a premier side as your back up. Such as a few boys From EDS, Strathmore etc that ended up playing 18s at (of all places) Abers this season.
Anyway, well done Geoff/ Assistants and your team. Well deserved.

Good to see so much support for both teams yesterday. I think yesterday showed that it's so important to keep developing as Keilor showed there hand in the first finals and eds kept some cards up there sleeve like
Martyn to chf
Sir to wing
Riboni hf
Willach to moe
Klaromenos to hitch
Credit to the coaching staff at eds who must worked super hard to find a way through the Keilors structures. And run away with a 101 point turn around from two weeks ago.

Very surprised to see that rayner won bog? I thought hitch was heaps better? Even bulzomi was better? Wierd decion? I also thought the umpire were towards rayner..
Best Keilor player for me was Pickering. Didn't think Hitch had much of an impact due to good Klaromenos pressure whilst Bulzomi tried to intimidate rather than play footy.

Anyone interested in having a championship match, EDS (edfl premiers) VS St Bernards (wrfl premiers) exciting game to watch regardless of the outcome, battle of essendon!!

Bulzomi would of been lucky to get 5 touches,

Should of concentrated on the ball instead of the man
Bulzomi got 5 clearences mate! And bulzomi was on caluzzi from what i remember watching.. howd caluzzi play? So bulzomi was able to get the ball and stop caluzzi!

Bulzomi got 5 clearences mate! And bulzomi was on caluzzi from what i remember watching.. howd caluzzi play? So bulzomi was able to get the ball and stop caluzzi!

Knowing Zac. In pretty sure if you asked him about the game, he will say he doesn't care if he had 30 kicks and Ben had 1. Ben has a medal.

Haven't seen the DVD yet but I would guess that Ben had at least 20 possessions and set up at least three goals with his long pin point kicking. Clearly honors and medal to Caluzzi.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in having a championship match, EDS (edfl premiers) VS St Bernards (wrfl premiers) exciting game to watch regardless of the outcome, battle of essendon!!
At the start of preseason it was a practice game and St Bernard's won by 6 goals.
Eds were without
Caluzzi Rayner sir Roumeliotis Martyn Bethune balta Brookes Klaromenos.
Due to jets and cannons commitments. As st Bernard's didn't have any cannons boys at the time speaking to there coach they were at full strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back