EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Douttas vs Greenvale
Douttas far too strong for a very weak Greenvale team. Caluzzi kicked a handy 8 (actually 7) and dominated Greenvale's backline. Liam McBride also played very well and is a great mover of the ball.

West Coburg vs Strathmore
West Coburg just getting over the line against Strathmore in a 2 point game. It's great to see that Strathmore team start to put up a fight against the bigger team in the comp. Rhylee West is an incredible footballer.

Abers vs Keilor
Keilor far too strong for Aberfeldie throughout the day. Hitch played well and so did Hearn. Podhajski reliable with 3 goals but he needs to be kicking more in my opinion to get his team over the line. Abers need to win this week by 10 goals + to prove to myself that they can go all the way this year.

Hillside vs Craigeburn
Didn't hear too much about this game but Craigeburn proving they are a finals team. Browning kicked 7 which is a great effort for a bottom ager in the comp.

Douttas vs Greenvale
Douttas far too strong for a very weak Greenvale team. Caluzzi kicked a handy 8 (actually 7) and dominated Greenvale's backline. Liam McBride also played very well and is a great mover of the ball.

West Coburg vs Strathmore
West Coburg just getting over the line against Strathmore in a 2 point game. It's great to see that Strathmore team start to put up a fight against the bigger team in the comp. Rhylee West is an incredible footballer.

Abers vs Keilor
Keilor far too strong for Aberfeldie throughout the day. Hitch played well and so did Hearn. Podhajski reliable with 3 goals but he needs to be kicking more in my opinion to get his team over the line. Abers need to win this week by 10 goals + to prove to myself that they can go all the way this year.

Hillside vs Craigeburn
Didn't hear too much about this game but Craigeburn proving they are a finals team. Browning kicked 7 which is a great effort for a bottom ager in the comp.
A good summary - seems Caluzzi will be a big matchup for any Div 1 backman this year - is he playing close to goal or CHF? Not much on Cam Ratner and his impact this year

West must have played some of game given two posts say pretty much same thing - Stathmore must be a harsh club as he wasn't named in best players!

Was also at the Abers game and saw the Hitch "knee" - not much in it - more about two school mates and one wanting to dominate the other - no malice in it for mine.

Keilor played good hard footy and had Abers under perceived pressure from the start - Abers big guns didn't fire too many shots - Bytel good and hopefully ok after a heavy knock

Rhylee West best first year player in league by miles. Caluzzi best player in league by miles. Podjhaski flatters to deceive so far this season and I thought at fault for final term slaughtering when he was moved back and wouldn't challenge balls into fwd 50 by Keilor or run with his opponent on the lead. Your being generous with your "school mates" assessment and I'm sure that's not how it would be seen by league if video of incident got out.

Rhylee West best first year player in league by miles. Caluzzi best player in league by miles. Podjhaski flatters to deceive so far this season and I thought at fault for final term slaughtering when he was moved back and wouldn't challenge balls into fwd 50 by Keilor or run with his opponent on the lead. Your being generous with your "school mates" assessment and I'm sure that's not how it would be seen by league if video of incident got out.

Each to their own - no real remonstrations from Smokrovich (and he doesn't give an inch in the hardness stakes) or any other Abers boy after the incident so I reckon that says a bit but everyone sees things different.

Agree on your call on West - a great competitor with hardness built in. Browning from Craigeburn also pretty good in that bottom age group.

Haven't seen much of Caluzzi but from what I hear has height and size which always makes a good player in under age.

Is it too early to make a First 18 of the EDFL?
Would be interested to see everyones opinion on who would make the team and in what positions!

Agree with fev not much said on Cam Rayner but I have seen his progress so far and he has fit in like a glove at his new club, been very hard at contests and has had a massive impact so far this season, isn't finishing games as well as he would though as he is strapping up his calf towards the end of the game, other than that, the kid can take speckys and does a good job on his left

Agree with fev not much said on Cam Rayner but I have seen his progress so far and he has fit in like a glove at his new club, been very hard at contests and has had a massive impact so far this season, isn't finishing games as well as he would though as he is strapping up his calf towards the end of the game, other than that, the kid can take speckys and does a good job on his left

I have been to all of douttas games this year and this kid really has been unbelievable, he works for every possesion and he has been playing with a calf strain for the last 3 weeks, he has been the main reason this douttas team has been playing as well as it has. he has had over 20 touches and 1 goal each game and been feeding it down to caluzzi. this kid is something special and when he gets comfortable watch out. him and caluzzi on a good day are going to be unstoppable. they will be a hard team to beat.

and on another kid that has been suprisingly impressive number 9 luca riboni. andother hard body in their star midfield and he can really turn it on.

I have been to all of douttas games this year and this kid really has been unbelievable, he works for every possesion and he has been playing with a calf strain for the last 3 weeks, he has been the main reason this douttas team has been playing as well as it has. he has had over 20 touches and 1 goal each game and been feeding it down to caluzzi. this kid is something special and when he gets comfortable watch out. him and caluzzi on a good day are going to be unstoppable. they will be a hard team to beat.

and on another kid that has been suprisingly impressive number 9 luca riboni. andother hard body in their star midfield and he can really turn it on.
Sounds like Doutta's just warming up and will be hard to beat this year with good support coming from other "lesser" lights.

No mention thus far of any potential regrading in the first three weeks from EDFL?

Last year multiple changes were made during the first couple of weeks.

Hopefully they leave the Div 1 comp with at least 8 teams - at this stage only Greenvale look like they are really struggling - take the Douttas game out and they have scored the equivalent of 11 goals and had 40 kicked against them - and they are yet to play Keilor or Abers.

Not sure if there is any side to come up to replace them?

Airport West on top of Div 2 but I hear they have a number of kids top up from 14's each week - not sustainable in Div 1 in my opinion.

Let's hope they keep an even number of teams (if they make changes) as I reckon a bye in 16's is no good for anyone

Are you referring to rayner as a lesser light?
Ha - No - If Rayner is a lesser light I reckon they may as well call the comp off now!

Was referring to to the earlier post about #9 performing well.

So if you have a couple of the best u16's in the land (based on last years All Australian selections) plus a number of lesser known performing then Doutta's could well be the best u16 team in metro vic.....

I know thats a big call but with the number of EDFL boys at late stage Vic trials at both 15's and 16's it might be on the money

Ha - No - If Rayner is a lesser light I reckon they may as well call the comp off now!

Was referring to to the earlier post about #9 performing well.

So if you have a couple of the best u16's in the land (based on last years All Australian selections) plus a number of lesser known performing then Doutta's could well be the best u16 team in metro vic.....

I know thats a big call but with the number of EDFL boys at late stage Vic trials at both 15's and 16's it might be on the money

Any news on Bulsomi from keilor was a real stand out at hillside last year and hasn't shown much this year?

Any news on Bulsomi from keilor was a real stand out at hillside last year and hasn't shown much this year?
A big unit - think number 51.

Did a bit against Abers - unfortunately I think his best bit of play was when he kicked back to the centre and got a full head of steam going and couldn't understand why he didn't get the give and go...........was heading flat stick towards Abers goal!!!....maybe his parents can shell out for a GPS for him....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big unit - think number 51.

Did a bit against Abers - unfortunately I think his best bit of play was when he kicked back to the centre and got a full head of steam going and couldn't understand why he didn't get the give and go...........was heading flat stick towards Abers goal!!!....maybe his parents can shell out for a GPS for him....
Haha, that was funny. I think he started to get me confused, kept forgetting which way each side was going.

No mention thus far of any potential regrading in the first three weeks from EDFL?

Last year multiple changes were made during the first couple of weeks.

Hopefully they leave the Div 1 comp with at least 8 teams - at this stage only Greenvale look like they are really struggling - take the Douttas game out and they have scored the equivalent of 11 goals and had 40 kicked against them - and they are yet to play Keilor or Abers.

Not sure if there is any side to come up to replace them?

Airport West on top of Div 2 but I hear they have a number of kids top up from 14's each week - not sustainable in Div 1 in my opinion.

Let's hope they keep an even number of teams (if they make changes) as I reckon a bye in 16's is no good for anyone
Looking at division 2 the competition is unbelievable, I reckon the top two teams are Westmeadows and Moonee Valley even though Apw is on top at the moment, they have had a pretty easy run so far. Glenroy doing pretty well and have an excellent bunch of players so it will be hard to relegate a team without mucking something up. Thought Strathmore would definitely get dropped but they matched West Coburg which is a telling sign. I think Greenvale should go, anyone agree?

Looking at division 2 the competition is unbelievable, I reckon the top two teams are Westmeadows and Moonee Valley even though Apw is on top at the moment, they have had a pretty easy run so far. Glenroy doing pretty well and have an excellent bunch of players so it will be hard to relegate a team without mucking something up. Thought Strathmore would definitely get dropped but they matched West Coburg which is a telling sign. I think Greenvale should go, anyone agree?
My opinion for what it's worth is Div 1 will remain unchanged. I started reading the u/16 posts as I have a relative playing in Div 1. I unfortunately was not at the keilor v abers game, luckily because according to most of the posts there was have been a hell of a lot of people there watching. From what I did hear young Hitch was exceptionally good. Injuries and rep footy hurting the top 3 sides but hopefully come the middle of the year most players can start to focus on local footy.

Each to their own. I'm sure even Jack would say Westys a better player. Jack doesn't get enough of his own ball yet and can be easily intimidated by physical players. Not saying Jacks not a good player just that Westys better.

Each to their own. I'm sure even Jack would say Westys a better player. Jack doesn't get enough of his own ball yet and can be easily intimidated by physical players. Not saying Jacks not a good player just that Westys better.
Both are very different style of player in my opinion

If you could breed them then I reckon you would make a killing at the yearling sale!

Both are very different style of player in my opinion

If you could breed them then I reckon you would make a killing at the yearling sale!
haveago thanks for YOUR opinion about j bytel. From the little I have seen of him you may be correct. And from all accounts a great kid also. As for FastandLoose we are all entitled to our opinion but for you to give jacks opinion is probably a pushing it a bit far. Jack may say westy is a better player but that's for him to say not you. Good luck to all the boys on the weekend.

haveago thanks for YOUR opinion about j bytel. From the little I have seen of him you may be correct. And from all accounts a great kid also. As for FastandLoose we are all entitled to our opinion but for you to give jacks opinion is probably a pushing it a bit far. Jack may say westy is a better player but that's for him to say not you. Good luck to all the boys on the weekend.
Fevolutions spot on , 2 different styles of player. Both Jack n Westy are good guys too, never doubted that but I've heard Jack say Westys a better player. Anyway onto some good games and performances this weekend. Is Jack clear to play this weekend?

Fa
Fevolutions spot on , 2 different styles of player. Both Jack n Westy are good guys too, never doubted that but I've heard Jack say Westys a better player. Anyway onto some good games and performances this weekend. Is Jack clear to play this weekend?
fair enough. Can't recall hearing a 15 yo who has his head screwed on right, as apparently jack does, walk around telling people he is better than player A. Anyway as for jack playing I personally have no idea. From what I know of jack you are flying solo in regards to your view on jack being easily intimidated.

Please let me try to clear this up. I'm not having a go at Jack. I think Jacks is a good player. I named him already as best Abers player last week. I know Jacks is a good guy with his head screwed on. Jack has previously said during a conversation that he thinks Westys a better player now. In my opinion, if Jack could add a physical dimension to his game and enforce himself on a midfield, he'd be the best 1st year player. At 15yo there's plenty of time for jack to develop. Not a bashing just a considered opinion. I may very well be wrong but we'll find out next weekend once the u15 state team is chosen. Westy has only played about 2 qtrs over 2 games and was a standout whereas Jack has played nearly 7 qtrs over 2 games and hasn't reached the same heights.

I honestly reckon Rhylee is abit overrated?
Also think his carried his dad's genes and is a bit of a sore loser, isn't as sportsmanlike as his fellow counterparts. I rate Bytel, Hazik and even Agius over him at this stage of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back