Movie Edge of Tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of lols. Thought it was good. Dragged on a bit but as the OP said, the first hour and a bit was great.

It may have been the distraction of sorting out the Qantas media player, but I missed why he was ordered to go into battle so abruptly from his cushie job?

Also, when they get to the Helicopter, was it alluding to the fact that he had been there dozens of times romancing Emily Blunt?

Another LOL was when he gave up on pushing the fat dude out of the way and let him get squashed.

It may have been the distraction of sorting out the Qantas media player, but I missed why he was ordered to go into battle so abruptly from his cushie job?

Also, when they get to the Helicopter, was it alluding to the fact that he had been there dozens of times romancing Emily Blunt?

Another LOL was when he gave up on pushing the fat dude out of the way and let him get squashed.

I cant remember specifically, but he was forced to go by the commander he was speaking to in the original scene

Something about "selling the message" and him being on the front line would help give confidence to the troops/people etc about their plan. He refused, the commander got angry at him and forced him in to the situation the sequence started in, as some random newbie who nobody knew that had to fight

I cant remember specifically, but he was forced to go by the commander he was speaking to in the original scene

Something about "selling the message" and him being on the front line would help give confidence to the troops/people etc about their plan. He refused, the commander got angry at him and forced him in to the situation the sequence started in, as some random newbie who nobody knew that had to fight
I thought Cruise's line "I do this so I don't have to do that [ie. fighting]" said a lot about the character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome film, had always been meaning to check it out after seeing the trailer months ago... never got around to it until the dvd/blu-ray release.

At first I found it slow to start off, granted I know why as a movie has to set itself up somehow. I usually don't give movies much of a chance if they feel as though they drag on in the introduction. But it kicks in fairly quickly after a slow few minutes, love the ground hog day death moments :D. The movie itself was good up until the last 20 minutes that's when I started tapering off.

The ending was nice, would have been cooler to see the source material adapted more closely. Even though it would have been more confusing to others.

Watched it tonight. Pretty good film. Entertaining mix of sci-fi, action and time travel.

Really enjoyed it. Was disappointed though by the very end scene. Far too neat.

The last 2 minutes were quite lame. Vintage Hollywood "Send the audience home on an upper" copout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back