EFC board to spill with Hird gone by xmas

Remove this Banner Ad

TTRRAAVVIISS

All Australian
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very interesting article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ne...before-christmas/story-fni0fiyv-1227065167570

"One of the 34 players issued a show cause notice told the Sunday Herald Sun that he was led to believe that the club would be certain to win its Federal Court case against ASADA and the notices would be set aside permanently.

The player said he had “no idea, none” that even if Essendon were successful in the Federal Court ASADA could launch a fresh investigation and re-gather the evidence needed for the issuing of show cause notices."

So what the hell are the AFLPA and David Grace QC advising the players? If this player is correct that the possibilty of losing fed court case wasnt discussed I'd be inclined to think the players have been poorly advised by AFLPA and legal counsel.

The players need to go obtain independent legal advice from experts in sports and administrative law asap. I'm quite astounded and concerned that this particular player seems to have know idea whats going on???

Why would you just blindly believe what EFC lawyers tell you after what this club has done to them over the past two years.

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
They possible think that because what has happened, Essendon are no being truthful and remain to have confidence in them (to be honest, shows how loyal they are which is good)

It's not hard for people to believe lawyers, as you trust them with your life (you have to)

Bomber was always saying he never talked about the saga with the players, to an extent, its good and bad. Players need to deal with it and not just ignore it, if they didn't ignore it, you would see a lot more players act like Ryder has

Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The player said he had “no idea, none” that even if Essendon were successful in the Federal Court ASADA could launch a fresh investigation and re-gather the evidence needed for the issuing of show cause notices."

pretty hard to believe that any of the players wouldn't be paying attention to the court proceedings... because that was covered. maybe these guys are stupid enough to take PED's and think they were vitamins.

Perry Pie

All Australian
Sep 19, 2009
Liverpool
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Besiktas J.K.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ne...before-christmas/story-fni0fiyv-1227065167570

"One of the 34 players issued a show cause notice told the Sunday Herald Sun that he was led to believe that the club would be certain to win its Federal Court case against ASADA and the notices would be set aside permanently.

So what the hell are the AFLPA and David Grace QC advising the players? If this player is correct that the possibilty of losing fed court case wasnt discussed I'd be inclined to think the players have been poorly advised by AFLPA and legal counsel.

The players need to go obtain independent legal advice from experts in sports and administrative law asap. I'm quite astounded and concerned that this particular player seems to have know idea whats going on???

Why would you just blindly believe what EFC lawyers tell you after what this club has done to them over the past two years.
I think AFLPA could have done much more to help the players look after their own interests. Seperate leagl advice would have been start.

I notice that at the end of the article that reference is made to AFL contingency plans if there are suspensions, I suspect that we will find out what these plans amount too before next season.

I'd be more concerned if that article wasn;'t bu Rita.

NOt that there may not be some truth (I don't know) but it's like believing Andrew Bolt. look normal

I'd go as far as to say makes Caro look Pro Essendon, Pro Hird

Perry Pie

All Australian
Sep 19, 2009
Liverpool
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Besiktas J.K.
pretty hard to believe that any of the players wouldn't be paying attention to the court proceedings... because that was covered. maybe these guys are stupid enough to take PED's and think they were vitamins.
I can see how it happens - clubs says "dont worry we have your back" and the player finds it easier to then deny the problem and ignores it.

First thing i do when i see one of these articles is check out who the writer is, in this case it's Rita Panahi.

Meh, i'd take as much notice of what she had to say about an issue like this as i do when it's written by Robbo,
next to zero credibility for me.

PattoMan99

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Probably McVeigh. He'd believe anything except Reimers.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Probably McVeigh. He'd believe anything except Reimers.

This was my first thought. Doping penalties probably don't mean much to those no longer playing.

Sad that their legal advice is so poor though, AFLPA responsible?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If those player comments are true then he hasn't been paying attention, numerous reporting on this covered the possible outcomes.
Maybe, but if I were an Essendon player, I might decide to totally ignore the media and concentrate on my job as a footballer.

inyourcool

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Oak Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory 'til I die!
Playing the "how should I know, I'm just a dumb footballer" card I see!

You knew this was an eventuality just like you and your teammates knew the drugs you were administered during this whole sordid saga.

Complicit the whole time. 2 year bans AFAIC (if justice were to be served)

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Playing the "how should I know, I'm just a dumb footballer" card I see!

You knew this was an eventuality just like you and your teammates knew the drugs you were administered during this whole sordid saga.

Complicit the whole time. 2 year bans AFAIC (if justice were to be served)
They have had over 6 meetings with parents and various experts.
They must know the outcomes that could be presented.
Even the space station astronauts know the SCN would be re-issued within 24 hours if asada lost .

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
I take my hat off to Rita, great article!

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If it was a player no longer at the club or involved in AFL then it would make sense that they would be a bit out of the loop wouldn't it?
I would have thought the oposite. Players at the club would be more likely to be taking all their advice blindly from the club, as it appears was the case with the substances themselves. Anyone outside, particularly ifstill in the game somehow, would be more likely to be hearing other things and getting other opinions.
But, that is just speculation.

I'd be more concerned if that article wasn;'t bu Rita.

NOt that there may not be some truth (I don't know) but it's like believing Andrew Bolt. look normal

I'd go as far as to say makes Caro look Pro Essendon, Pro Hird

My feeling is she has the basis right (a ticket being put together to oust the existing board). But yes, people who clearly have agendas on specific topics, shouldn't be. What is her beef with Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back