Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2016 - 'Where Do You Stand?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the blind faith? He was head coach when it happened. He was head coach when our club got put into this situation, he was the head coach when our players were put into this situation. Especially if players are banned, he needs to fall on his sword.
ITs called loyalty, not blind faith.

Looks as if there's plenty of other clubs you "love" too. Liverpool, MVFC, etc etc etc. I just love Essendon and like most of us want Hird to stay.
Of course. Heaps of people love other clubs in other sports as well. However I'd put Essendon as my number 1 club. What's that got to do with anything though?

in a herald sun article

The only person with a busier horn was Valerie — the receptionist — swatting away call after call from concerned members demanding to know what was going on.

“Don’t believe the media,” she echoed until about 2pm, when her shift ended.

“Wait for a club statement. We all feel for the players.”

i dont think they were ringing up to say sack hirdy imo!

Folks- let's keep the sack/keep Hird discussion to the coaching or ASADA threads.

I understand that the whole question does affect people's likelihood of signing up again, but I don't think we need yet another thread dedicated to the issue.

Let's keep for discussion more on membership generally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rang up the membership dept the other day to discuss my reserve seat membership. Asked the lady what happens to members if Essendon get suspended. Do we get refunded for the games we miss etc... She categorically said it wouldn't happen, we won't get suspended. I said how can you guarantee this? She said it won't happen before saying nothing has been discussed and it won't be passed onto members because it's not for them to know. By this stage I was fuming. As members, of course we have a right to know. She kept parroting the line, we won't be suspended and james hird will be coach.

Rang up the membership dept the other day to discuss my reserve seat membership. Asked the lady what happens to members if Essendon get suspended. Do we get refunded for the games we miss etc... She categorically said it wouldn't happen, we won't get suspended. I said how can you guarantee this? She said it won't happen before saying nothing has been discussed and it won't be passed onto members because it's not for them to know. By this stage I was fuming. As members, of course we have a right to know. She kept parroting the line, we won't be suspended and james hird will be coach.
The whole club won't get suspended, hence her answer.

it's what happens to some of the players that is the question. It's all in the wording.

Well you asked a pretty weird question. Essendon as a club aren't getting suspended, on draft day the sanctions against the club will be completed.. It's the players who are facing bans and it's not up for us to know how the players are dealing with their own cases.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Doss

Well you asked a pretty weird question. Essendon as a club aren't getting suspended, on draft day the sanctions against the club will be completed.. It's the players who are facing bans and it's not up for us to know how the players are dealing with their own cases.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Doss
Well it would be fair to say that if we lose 18 players to suspensions, we may struggle to field a team.

Well it would be fair to say that if we lose 18 players to suspensions, we may struggle to field a team.
Nah. We'd struggle to field a VFL team.

There will be contingencies in place in the worst case scenario. We'd be fielding a weak side and getting belted, but we'd still have a senior team- just not a very good one.

So do you guys feel comfortable about paying full whack to watch an Essendon list full of vfl listed players run around if a large percentage of our senior list is suspended after we pay our renewals?

I don't. My membership is a luxury. I have a mortgage and kids.

So do you guys feel comfortable about paying full whack to watch an Essendon list full of vfl listed players run around if a large percentage of our senior list is suspended after we pay our renewals?

I'm struggling to justify it.

I didn't comment on whether I can justify it or not.

I'm just pointing out why you would have got the answer you did from the membership department.

I didn't comment on whether I can justify it or not.

I'm just pointing out why you would have got the answer you did from the membership department.

Fair enough. The club really needs to communicate with its members better to explain what's going on, and what's happened in the past. As a member, we deserve the right to know ants happening. We are the immediate stakeholders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back