Club Mgmt. EFC Membership 2016 - 'Where Do You Stand?'

Remove this Banner Ad

So lets mimic Melbourne. Because they are the successful club I want Essendon to be like.

All the club is doing is offering opportunities. Its up to you if you want to take them up. Rarely does the club ask for a donation with nothing in return.

I'd be disappointed if they were having these events and I wasn't invited. But that is just me.

As for the Diamond Dons. We have limited seats at Etihad in which to turn a high revenue from, so kudos to the marketing department on securing a room and premium seating to give them a point of difference. Hats off for them to god forbid, let thier current customers know of the new promotion.

Seriously mate, of these are your biggest worry in life, go be a Melbourne supporter, so at least the rest of us get a break in the colder months when the whingers go to the snow.

Melbourne have to be inventive and think outside the square to get new members because their catchment is not particularly big these days.

Essendon don't really have to be.

I'm not excusing that, in fact I think it's poor, but it is what it is.

This is a flaw in their strategy. I think it would be easy for them to market themselves as THE Melbourne team (of course I would start the campaign if/when they begin tasting success).

This is a flaw in their strategy. I think it would be easy for them to market themselves as THE Melbourne team (of course I would start the campaign if/when they begin tasting success).
I've got a vague feeling they might in their tv ad at least

Melbourne FC have to do everything they can to gain new memberships. Offering discounts on New Balance gear is a simple strategy they will use to get members in. Good on them I guess.

For me personally, I don't become a member of a club for discounts on sports gear - I sign up so I can support my club. Some people get cranky if they get a cap instead of a scarf. I couldn't care less. I sign up so I can make our club a stronger club.

All sporting clubs/business entities today send 'spam emails' - its just part of business. No need for anyone to get emotional by them, simply delete them and move on!

55,404 members and counting!

I haven't paid my sons Richmond membership in 2 seasons and I am still getting at least 2 emails a week from them, other mail and have had phone calls which finally stopped when I said my son was now an Essendon member. Even then their membership dept asked me to reconsider by offering incentives

I haven't paid my sons Richmond membership in 2 seasons and I am still getting at least 2 emails a week from them, other mail and have had phone calls which finally stopped when I said my son was now an Essendon member. Even then their membership dept asked me to reconsider by offering incentives
Please explain.;)

Common knowledge my boys followed Richmond like their dad
My apologies.
Melbourne FC have to do everything they can to gain new memberships. Offering discounts on New Balance gear is a simple strategy they will use to get members in. Good on them I guess.

For me personally, I don't become a member of a club for discounts on sports gear - I sign up so I can support my club. Some people get cranky if they get a cap instead of a scarf. I couldn't care less. I sign up so I can make our club a stronger club.

All sporting clubs/business entities today send 'spam emails' - its just part of business. No need for anyone to get emotional by them, simply delete them and move on!

55,404 members and counting!
Same happy to be a member and support the team, hopefully we can sort out the consistency.

Perhaps it would be better framed as "where's the appreciation from the club".

Anyway.

I think its a fine line that supporters (I'm not targeting you in this) take in regards to the above.
People bleat on about supporting a club through thick and thin and never wavering and showing support and then on the other hand expecting and feeling upset with the club for not showing enough appreciation.
Kind of seems a little conditional. Not everyone is like this but I can see where scezza is coming from when he feels people are whinging

Re: MFC, the Dees' CEO was on SEN this arvo and said that he was not concerned with membership targets as it was far more important to the club that the fans turn up on the day and purchase tickets.

I'm happy with our 55k atm, on field success (hopefully sooner rather than later) will sort the rest out but if our yearly base is 50k - that's a very respectable number to build on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never received a call to donate. Am i not good enough? The arrogance!
It does raise an interesting question.

How do they determine who gets called?

Is it random? Determined by level of membership and/or past donations?

Geez, during the height of the Flight Plan appeal - I lost count of the calls and emails I got asking for more coin. I pitched in twice but as a Bronze Premium member, I would hate to think how often the top end members were badgered for donations.

I'm a high mark, I've donated and early on participated in a few raffles. I haven't had a call since probably October. It is interesting really.

Same high mark and never get badgered, but I have made regular donations. Nothing substantial, $50 here and there.

For those sooking about the constant promotion of products, events, sponsors & the occasional donation, is the problem they are asking or the resentment that you cannot afford to participate.

At the end of the day, all they are providing you with is some choice and options. Only you have control, and its not that hard to say no to a faceless person and its not that hard to delete an email.

As for the Kia email, most people on average are in the market for a car every 5 years, so say 15-20% of the members. What they buy will be based on circumstance. The Kia's of this world appeal to young families and people who don't floss thier teeth with money. They are offering up $1000 off a new car. That might be the difference between the Kia and Hyundai. The best part is that I'm sure the club will get a kickback, and Carlton won't because * Hyundai. What's wrong with helping your own? I'd like $1000 off the car I bought 18 months ag

At the end of the day, all they are providing you with is some choice and options. Only you have control, and its not that hard to say no to a faceless person and its not that hard to delete an email.
pfft, sif faceless matters, I've used the same technique for shopping centre stall sales as I use for phone sale calls, while there on their opening spiel interrupt with "So what are you trying to sell me?"

As for the Kia email, most people on average are in the market for a car every 5 years, so say 15-20% of the members. What they buy will be based on circumstance. The Kia's of this world appeal to young families and people who don't floss thier teeth with money. They are offering up $1000 off a new car. That might be the difference between the Kia and Hyundai. The best part is that I'm sure the club will get a kickback, and Carlton won't because **** Hyundai. What's wrong with helping your own? I'd like $1000 off the car I bought 18 months ag
you can often get the discount anyway if you're willing to bargain, think I got nearly $5000 knocked off my golf a couple of years ago (may include trade-in but that was much less than half). Now the new model retails for about what I paid for mine

55,900 today.
Feels like they're playing with us with these notable spikes the past couple of days. Won't be surprised if it keeps continuing

As a mother you can't allow your boys that suffering....
As a mother you need to let your kids make their own mistakes

As an aside my youngest son now has a new Bombers jumper with the no 21 on the back

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back