EFL - Short Post Thread

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
That's not the real reason they can't tear down the Burvale. Have a look at the roof and try to imagine what it might be made of, given the time it was built.....The only way they could afford to take it down is if they have a massive development of the site, something the locals would probably call an over-development.

I'd be supportive of it, though. That joint is a dump.
Have a look here, you will notice that the owners want to redevelop.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...or-burvale-hotel/story-fngnvlxu-1227210059827

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
ALHG has deep pockets, if they had any plans to redevelop, they'd be doing it. They just want to retain their option.

A heritage listed building with difficulties in demolition is not a good look for the asset register.

The best result would be a huge development around the back of a rebuilt pub in the same general shape higher up the hill.

Mounzer11

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
It's exactly as I have already posted they own 85%. Mirvac and the State Govt own the other 15%. Council has no ownership at all. In all, I believe they paid a grand total of $2 for it.

Part of the deal is that no matches are allowed to be played at the ground.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
The original deal was that community groups were supposed to be able to have access to the ground for training and coaching sessions. But you will find that any team that applied was always knocked back. Pretty poor PR in my eyes.

Mounzer11

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
The original deal was that community groups were supposed to be able to have access to the ground for training and coaching sessions. But you will find that any team that applied was always knocked back. Pretty poor PR in my eyes.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the common theme with AFL clubs and their training venues.

Lowey33

Debutant
Apr 21, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That roof would have asbestos in it, but it wouldn't be a big issue having it removed. It's a fair chance it'd be none friable, which means it won't be as difficult as if it was airborne(friable) when demolished. Certainly no different to nearly every house in the vicinity having that stuff in the eaves and bathrooms etc. the site would probably be zoned commercial, so they could put up a 10 story office block and * the neighbours. Just don't do anything before the angels have played there. After that, good riddance

Lowey33

Debutant
Apr 21, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wrfl teams always get access at whitten oval. So do reklink and women's footy. Hawthorn just too big to care anymore.

Back