Elected representatives you actually trust and respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Utmost respect for this South Australian.

Good pxss take. You sucked a few in

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'll start with the one I actually know...Joanne Ryan, the member for Lalor. The woman who taught me in Year 12 English at High School and who played a lead role in stopping Jeff in building a toxic waste dump in Werribee.

Pazza, Werribee has long been a toxic dump

Can we just change it to trust to tell the truth and not just repeat the party line? I have serious trouble with the concept of respect for federal politicians.

Respect for state politicians died about a decade ago and never even existed for local ones in the first place.

Which just shows the need for strong federal Gument & getting rid of the state nuff nuffs who run pretend Guments. Beefing up local councils into regional councils, with strongly regulated roles would provide enough local Gument.

Which just shows the need for strong federal Gument & getting rid of the state nuff nuffs who run pretend Guments. Beefing up local councils into regional councils, with strongly regulated roles would provide enough local Gument.
I've long been a campaigner for abolishing states all together and increasing the size of local government. It would mean that current borderies would move and regions like Western Victoria merge in with Eastern SA, Northern Victoria go in with NSW Riveriena, Gold Coast expands to pick up Tweed Heads, Broken Hill goes into SA, create a super region of Kimberley/Northern Territory. ACT merges in to incorporate South Coast of NSW.

Alice Springs just gets forgotten about, which is pretty much what happens now.

I've long been a campaigner for abolishing states all together and increasing the size of local government. It would mean that current borderies would move and regions like Western Victoria merge in with Eastern SA, Northern Victoria go in with NSW Riveriena, Gold Coast expands to pick up Tweed Heads, Broken Hill goes into SA, create a super region of Kimberley/Northern Territory. ACT merges in to incorporate South Coast of NSW.

Alice Springs just gets forgotten about, which is pretty much what happens now.
I sometimes think that everyone has put Alice Springs in the too hard basket. My psych's husband is from Alice, the tales she's told me of problems up there are shocking and she thinks there is little will for anything to be done.

I sometimes think that everyone has put Alice Springs in the too hard basket. My psych's husband is from Alice, the tales she's told me of problems up there are shocking and she thinks there is little will for anything to be done.
It's been thrown in the too hard basket because government after government won't actually look at the root cause of the problem and that is the lack of career opportunity in Alice Springs. How do you encourage a kid who has only everseen welfare dependency in his family from following the same path when his option involves moving at best 1,500 km to Darwin or Adelaide or even worse to Sydney or Melbourne? You can't. If we want to clean up Alice Springs we need to actually provide some sort of career industry for the locals to see that they can actually make a go of something without moving. I would like to see a government call centre moved there to provide the opportunity, it doesn't sound like much, but a few hundred direct jobs and the flow on effect they have in the broadeer community with increase money in the town would make a massive difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back