Preview Elimination Final: Port Adelaide v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval, 2:50pm Sun 07/09/14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumped for next weekend. This is a free swing for us. Should not have made finals from 3-10 but have scraped in. Minimal pressure on 8th place to perform, but we come in with momentum and confidence. Hopefully the boys pull up ok from the slog against the swans - port are beatable at home for sure!

Out petterd
In vickery
No change for me...

Pettard may not have had a blinder but I prefer the 2 tall fwd line up we have at the moment - more flexible & room for everyone to move.

I reckon Griff has taken Vick's spot.

Gordon also looked OK - not overwhelmed at all.

Jacko has not played enough footy to be considered. (Save him for the last week in Sept ;))

No change for me...

Pettard may not have had a blinder but I prefer the 2 tall fwd line up we have at the moment - more flexible & room for everyone to move.

"May not have had a blinder" - understatement of the year. :eek:

He had 5 touches and gave away 3 FA. He'd been in good form prior to that but that was the worst game I've seen him play. Interesting selection times.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oi lads, don't wanna take any credit; but I chucked my signature up before the round 14 clash with the Saints (our lowest ebb) and ever since we've reeled off 9 straight wins for the first time in my lifetime.
Contemplated taking it down a few times but after much internal logic and reasoned debate I've deduced it's the driving force behind our revival :D

You can all thank me when Chappy slots through his 5th to put us 70 points up midway through the last on Sunday :thumbsu:

Hey, I'm not coming on here for banter or anything but I honestly wanted to say congratulations to the Tiges from making the 8 from the position they were in 10 or so weeks ago. For a neutral supporter, it would have been awesome to see the resurrection of Richmond as the Home and Away season started to close and for them to slip in with a massive win against Sydney in Sydney. That would take a lot of composure and courage to pull of a season comeback like that so well done to Dimma and all the players who made it happen :D But on a harder note, I was really hoping that Port wouldn't play Richmond in the finals - I honestly think that Richmond would be the worst team to match up against to in the finals. After 9 wins in a row, including Sydney in Sydney, Adelaide in Adelaide, and Port in Melbourne (the memories :'( ) I'm not looking forward to playing you guys next Sunday afternoon. I also wished Boak had kept his mouth shut until the end of the season, and as one of the games best captains he should have been more honorable in defeat. Anyways, congratz on making finals. I'm not looking forward to Sunday Arvo...

Selfishly, I'm kinda glad. My good buddy is getting married on Saturday, and 7th place would have meant a Saturday final, and me continually watching the game, on my phone, in the dunnies at the reception or something...
Unless your in the bridal party, no one would even notice your missing, they are their for the bride and groom not you, I did this once, popped out to a mates place for some better tucker and beers, got back to the wedding a couple hours later and no one was the wiser.

How likely are my chances of getting tickets?

Looking at booking flights/accommodation now...

Very likely, just get in early tomorrow to Ticketek with your membership barcode number.

I think they go on sale at 9am Adelaide time, which is 9.30am Melbourne time, but you might want to double check that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back