Ellinbank Football League P3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good preview, you seem to have a fairly good knowledge of most sides in the league.

On Nyora i think we win comfortably finish above poowong, ellinbank and longwarry having beaten 2 of them already and with a much stronger 2's side I think we can cover the injuries better that will happen to all sides as the season wears on.

On the teams we have played Ellinbank have a real crack and will be tougher to beat at home but rely a lot on a few players, lack a bit of class with the footy too.

Poowong are a bunch of kids who have some skill and pace but lack the quality and size. Can see a few big forwards kicking some big bags agaisnt them. There ruckman is very good though, very reliant on him and Bergels.

Good preview, you seem to have a fairly good knowledge of most sides in the league.

On Nyora i think we win comfortably finish above poowong, ellinbank and longwarry having beaten 2 of them already and with a much stronger 2's side I think we can cover the injuries better that will happen to all sides as the season wears on.

On the teams we have played Ellinbank have a real crack and will be tougher to beat at home but rely a lot on a few players, lack a bit of class with the footy too.

Poowong are a bunch of kids who have some skill and pace but lack the quality and size. Can see a few big forwards kicking some big bags agaisnt them. There ruckman is very good though, very reliant on him and Bergels.
True on the Poowong front. Their ruckman apparently was on par with Hobgen or depending on who you speak with actually won their contest in round one. Thats pretty impressive! Another positive there is that if they can keep the group together for a couple of years they can climb the ladder.
Another fair call on your boys from Nyora, but defensively how are you going to hold up all year?

True on the Poowong front. Their ruckman apparently was on par with Hobgen or depending on who you speak with actually won their contest in round one. Thats pretty impressive! Another positive there is that if they can keep the group together for a couple of years they can climb the ladder.
Another fair call on your boys from Nyora, but defensively how are you going to hold up all year?

Poowong need talls before they can improve, Connor is a very good ruckman but apart from that there KPP arent big or good enough.

Big test for us in the next 2 weeks to see where we are at against bunyip at home and KWR away. I think our defensive will hold up ok, probably know the answer in 2 weeks.

I hope we dont finish bottom in the 1's but its up to the players to prove people wrong. If our 2's can get the full team in they might be able to sneak a couple of wins but only if the people actually turn up. Dusties looks the goods in both grades there 2's could easily go through undefeated!!

Wow been reading this forum for a while now, and it seems to me that you need some more intel.... just saying.

Not back tracking i will look ahead to this weeks games in the EDFL.

BULN BULN v ELLINBANK - Both these teams are way out of there depth when i comes to being competitive against the big guns, but this game has the potential to be a close(r) one. Both teams struggle for pace and with the Lyrebirds bringing in Dale Brew from the two's last week, indicates they are struggling forward also. With Tom Johnson kicking 10 last week Ellinbank by around 8 goals in the end.

GARFIELD V CATANI - Set to be a cracker and a test for Scanlons men against last years premiers. Learning Garfield were trying to recruit youngesters, after winning their flag last year, they are looking at keeping players long term rather than have a revolving door like most other highly placed teams in the competition. They have lost some clear pace and experience. Catani on the other hand, seem to have the midfield that will hit up big O in the goal square everytime. If the blues can punch through the lines he will be unstoppable in most games (as no one recruits or focuses on defenders in this comp) they will come home with the goods. Say 5 goals

LANG LANG v NILMA DARNUM - Not much to say here just that Lang Lang by enough. Should be plenty if they get their heads together and play as a complete unit. A lot of talk but no action over last 12 months. Batt and Nichols the key as they (like Catani) rely on them heavily. 10 goals plus (20+ if they are serious about it)

LONGWARRY V POOWONG - Two teams that this year are making up the numbers. The Pies need two maybe three Kael Burgles running around to really step up, as for the Crows the Holland boys give it their all most weeks and should help get their team over the line. 5 goals

NEERIM SOUTH V NAR NAR GOON - Easily MOTR. The south surprising some with a win over the Cobras (but once again the Cobras defense is their weakness) but with more than one avenue to goal seem to be top four material again, even after loosing Urie who may pop up second half of the year. They play for each other and aren't controlled by the coin like some of the other top teams in the comp. The Goon seem to be back on track after a really unlucky season last year and without Dore on the weekend brushed aside the Stars. Both teams are contenders, but the Goon only just.

NYORA V BUNYIP - Nyora seem to be still dreaming of days past with no real look into the future. Having Brad Miles back does help a little, but to be competitive they need more drive and need to be able to run defensively. In saying that the dogs are really struggling after the hammering they got thanks to the Dusties. Their defense also seems to struggle with bigger bodies and their forward line is very thin. But their midfield should prevail and get them on the winners list. 8 goals dogs

DUSTIES V KOO WEE RUP - Dusties have recruited big numbers over the preseason with results showing in both grades, remember the depth problem they had last year? Well just look at their two's list and you'll see several senior players from last year wondering around @ midday. Some may say 'buying a flag' (which if you look closely at the Dusties and Cora Lynn, is their heart in it or are their hands out???) I may agree to an extent, but they have recruited majority local players, so who knows if they will stick around. Speaking of coin the demon's have thrown a lot around, it maybe at one bloke, but the word was that they will be on this year. I think otherwise, they were tested by an underachieving Lang Lang last week and this week they will see what a contender is like. After the smacking the Dusties gave Bunyip a 100+ win isn't out of the question. Can the demons step up?

Final Ladder prediction
Dusties
Nar Nar Goon
Neerim South
Cora Lyn
Catani
Bunyip
--------------
Garfield (remember it happend to the Goon last year)
Lang Lang
Koo Wee Rup
Ellinbank
Longwarry
Poowong
Nyora
Buln Buln
Nilma Darnum

Remember this is an opinion.... free to hear others, but if people get one eyed and abusive i'll vanish as quick as i arrived.
Nice preview mate,the only one i disagree with is catani,i dont think they will play finals.garfield will.

Nice preview Trends Dead. Lool forward to see the outcomes. In particular NNS v Goon. I see big CHB of the year D.Zajac played for Goon against stars. Big recruit back at the club if he stays.

I thought Wade was assistant coach at Tooradin? What happened there?

No idea...I haven't heard that myself. Surely he couldn't pull the pin before the season has even started. By all reports, it seems the gulls will be slight improvers too.

Agree though tumble, IF Wade and Zajac back, easily a 5-6 goal better side. Premier midfielder and backman is huge!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After seeing Bunyip on saturday Dusties are clearly the team to beat after smashing them the week before. Bunyip are a good side and will make finals but a lot of injuries this early in the season is a concern from them. They moved the ball well, killed us with run and carry off the half back line. They seem to be a bit reliant on Lieshout up forward too with the injuries they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back